Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we picked up a Yooper who transfered out of RPI following their decision to sit out the season. He's eligible immediately.
    https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20201227ftvsl5

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
      I welcome the hate!
      Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      *starts shaking the gloves loose*
      GFM
      Well hockey fans, time to rumble. It's game day!
      The beginning of the end for the WCHA.
      Time to start the conference portion of the schedule.
      (As opposed to the "in-conference non-conference" schedule we had been playing previously.)
      Go Huskies! Go Tech!
      It's 2021, bring forth the 100th jerseys!
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

(As opposed to the "in-conference non-conference" schedule we had been playing previously.)
        Go Huskies! Go Tech!
        Great sentiments.

But they don't play until tomorrow and Sunday.

Comment

• Ahh yes, I jumped the gun. I forgot to update my schedule for like the 9th time this season...

Comment

• Hey! Another recruit out of the NAHL.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...trevor-russell

Comment

• We had a good weekend, and a good start to 2021! Nice to see Sinclair get the W against his old team.

A couple of worries. The only goals Sunday were from the point. Nice to see those two goals (really nice!) but it really worries me that we are not getting much else. We have the talent for sure. I believe it is coming from the dump and run style we are playing, but I would like to hear what others think.

The other concern is our propensity to give the puck away in front of our own net. Does anyone track turnovers as a stat? Or is it just tracked by +/-? I hope this does not get exposed by the better teams in our league.

Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Looks like we picked up a Yooper who transfered out of RPI following their decision to sit out the season. He's eligible immediately.
                https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20201227ftvsl5
                His mom’s from White Pine and dad’s from Ewen-Trout Creek. Both played a lot of basketball at Dollar Bay, Jeffers, Lake Linden and other spots around the area!
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Go Huskies! Go Tech!
                  The in-conference non-conference returns next week with NMU-LSSU.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Tech with a sweep although maybe a little too nerve racking on Sunday afternoon. But at the end of the year, "They don't ask how, they ask how many..." and Tech has two more wins than they did at this time last week. On paper, Tech has a very soft conference schedule this year. If Tech wins 6 of the next 8 games with at least one of them vs Mankato, they're going to contend for the Cup. If they get swept by the Mavericks and lose another game or two in Jan they're going to be struggling just to get home ice at the end of the year. With so few games ANY loss will be huge, but especially to Mankato as we only get two true conference games against them. A four point gap with no further head to head games will be almost impossible to overcome. Couple that with the unknown if the WCHA will even get a second bid for the tourney... this year the MacNaughton Cup means more than ever.

Comment

Tech with a sweep although maybe a little too nerve racking on Sunday afternoon. But at the end of the year, "They don't ask how, they ask how many..." and Tech has two more wins than they did at this time last week. On paper, Tech has a very soft conference schedule this year. If Tech wins 6 of the next 8 games with at least one of them vs Mankato, they're going to contend for the Cup. If they get swept by the Mavericks and lose another game or two in Jan they're going to be struggling just to get home ice at the end of the year. With so few games ANY loss will be huge, but especially to Mankato as we only get two true conference games against them. A four point gap with no further head to head games will be almost impossible to overcome. Couple that with the unknown if the WCHA will even get a second bid for the tourney... this year the MacNaughton Cup means more than ever.
                      i am not sure if i agree 100%... for sure don't disagree.

MNSU is a beast of it's own... and all other seven teams are on the same boat. being in second place two points or 22 points behind mankato, is still second place. a tech's bird eye view should in a way divide the league this way for the other seven teams;

1) MNSU (the outlier), 2) the next best three, and 3) the worst three.

don't bother (as much) with MNSU, win against the 'best three', and don't loose to the 'worst three'.

UAH (and even the AK teams) have been teaching us lessons for years and lord-have-mercy we don't seem to learn from history.

we are one series down, with six to go... focus!

just FOCUS and we will be contenting for both trophies.

who are the best three? hmm... BGSU is one of them. also BSU and NMU/LSSU?
                      who are the worst three? hmm... FSU and UAH are two of them. NMU or LSSU?

show up with heart for these next 12 games and the let the cards fall where they may.

but what do i know?

GO TECH GOLD!
                      Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 01-05-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                        MNSU is a beast of it's own...
                        Well this is a point I raised a few weeks ago. I think Mankato over the last few years has shown that anyone who wants to win the WCHA needs to knock them off the top. As Tech fans we always get amped up to play Northern. I get it. They are the longstanding local rivals from 90 miles away that everyone loves to hate. BUT...if the goal is to be a championship quality team at some point (WCHA regular season, WCHA tourney, NCAA tourney, etc) Mankato really should be the key games that are the focus of the season and circled on the calendar because they will make or break your chances to win any of those championships. Given the lack of fans that will be in the building, this will be a great chance to play Mankato on a near neutral rink.

Comment

• I believe I saw where MTU wore those cool anniversary jerseys during the first series of 2021
                          ​​​Will they be worn again? If so, when?

Comment

• Remember the MacNeil Lehrer report? well after Lehrer died it became the PBS news hour and tonight MTU made the national news via the PBS news hour.. Specifically, the MTU hockey team made the national news, and Dirk was featured calling a game. It was about a 4 second clip but still....
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Remember the MacNeil Lehrer report? well after Lehrer died it became the PBS news hour and tonight MTU made the national news via the PBS news hour.. Specifically, the MTU hockey team made the national news, and Dirk was featured calling a game. It was about a 4 second clip but still....
                              If you want to see it, here's the link. The clip is at 53:53 near the end of the show, it's from a game against UAA.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ja...r-full-episode

Comment

• This weekend’s Tech-Minnesota St series is postponed due to a Covid outbreak with the Huskies. Good luck and quick recovery to all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X