Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Looks like we aren't going to get to see 6 games vs the Cats after all. NMU is going to cancel the next 3 weeks with positive tests on the roster.
    That is what TV 6 is reporting

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com...mes-of-season/

Comment

• This week's games canceled.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        This week's games canceled.
        I think this week off could be a blessing in disguise. Here's hoping they enjoy Thanksgiving, get some great practices in, and focus on doing what needs to be done to win.

Comment

• Ferris called off their series with LSSU. Tech approached the Lakers about playing this weekend, but they opted to schedule a home-and-home with Adrian College instead.

Comment

Ferris called off their series with LSSU. Tech approached the Lakers about playing this weekend, but they opted to schedule a home-and-home with Adrian College instead.
            Would it have been a home and home or both games in Houghton?
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Would it have been a home and home or both games in Houghton?
              I don't know if it ever got that far in the discussion.

It would have made sense in the regard that this was the arrangement with Adrian, with the justification being the elimination of a necessity for a hotel stay. Rough to travel that far, play, and leave - but understandable.

The determining factors had to be that LSSU and Tech just played last weekend, and in this agreement Lake State gets a home game (and the preferable first game of the set for travel purposes).
              Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 11-26-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it ever got that far in the discussion.

It would have made sense in the regard that this was the arrangement with Adrian, with the justification being the elimination of a necessity for a hotel stay. Rough to travel that far, play, and leave - but understandable.

The determining factors had to be that LSSU and Tech just played last weekend, and in this agreement Lake State gets a home game (and the preferable first game of the set for travel purposes).
                Seems like playing Tech would have made way more sense for both LSSU and Tech than LSSU playing Adrian College.

Comment

• I have to imagine Tech would have been pushing for LSSU to be in Houghton since Tech was just in the Soo. A home/home Tech vs LSSU doesn't make much sense given the distance between campuses, but it's not like Adrian is any closer for the Lakers. I'm guessing Tech had no interest in going back to the Soo for 1 or 2 games this weekend and that's why it didn't happen. I'm sure Damon would have been happy to take another two wins from Tech based on last weekend's performance if he didn't have to leave home to do it.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Our games vs Mankato... are they league games.?

Comment

Our games vs Mankato... are they league games.?
                      No, the games in December are "non-conference". The games at Mankato in January count for the WCHA standings. In short, none of the December games count for WCHA standings. The conference games start 1/1/21 vs UAH.
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        I have to imagine Tech would have been pushing for LSSU to be in Houghton since Tech was just in the Soo. A home/home Tech vs LSSU doesn't make much sense given the distance between campuses, but it's not like Adrian is any closer for the Lakers. I'm guessing Tech had no interest in going back to the Soo for 1 or 2 games this weekend and that's why it didn't happen. I'm sure Damon would have been happy to take another two wins from Tech based on last weekend's performance if he didn't have to leave home to do it.
                        Tech wanted to play. Lake State made the choice to play Adrian instead.

Comment

• LSSU's hospital is above 93% capacity as of yesterday. makes you wonder, since it's not all that big anyway. Reference the post by someone about no games if hospitals are full. Additionally, due to ever-increasing covid cases, the Gov will speak today at 6 pm. Press is signaling that more restrictions on the way. I think Marquette is also nearing the breaking point.

Comment

LSSU's hospital is above 93% capacity as of yesterday. makes you wonder, since it's not all that big anyway. Reference the post by someone about no games if hospitals are full. Additionally, due to ever-increasing covid cases, the Gov will speak today at 6 pm. Press is signaling that more restrictions on the way. I think Marquette is also nearing the breaking point.
                            I think you may have been looking at something from a couple weeks ago. That press conference was on November 15, and that's also when all the stories about War Memorial Hospital were out. Not saying we are out of the woods or even improving, but this was outdated.

Comment

• Per Joe Shawhan on his radio show this morning when asked about playing Adrian - "That's a last resort. My first obligation is to teams in our league who need help. We know NMU is going to need games. If we get a game in on a Tuesday or a Wednesday or a Thursday where we can just get on the bus, have our own food from home, and go right back after the game or them do the same thing, then we're going to first take care of our league."

Came about 45 minutes into the show. https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.ne..._113020_SM.mp3

He also revealed that the Mankato series this upcoming weekend is now tentatively scheduled for Sunday-Monday to allow more time for the Mavs to clear the protocols.
                              Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 11-30-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Per Joe Shawhan on his radio show this morning when asked about playing Adrian - "That's a last resort. My first obligation is to teams in our league who need help. We know NMU is going to need games. If we get a game in on a Tuesday or a Wednesday or a Thursday where we can just get on the bus, have our own food from home, and go right back after the game or them do the same thing, then we're going to first take care of our league."

Came about 45 minutes into the show. https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.ne..._113020_SM.mp3

He also revealed that the Mankato series this upcoming weekend is now tentatively scheduled for Sunday-Monday to allow more time for the Mavs to clear the protocols.
                                Glad we were flexible and worked with them.

We are going to need to get our act together or it could be two ugly games.

Comment

Working...
                                X