Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    One other note - since NMU rescheduled a game with Lake State for Wednesday 25 November, that becomes their opener (ostensibly to avoid an overnight stay in the Soo during I-500 weekend). This will be the game where Griffin Loughran will serve his one game suspension from last year's playoff game, so he will be available for the Friday night game on the 27th in Marquette.
    The game Dec 2 at the Soo is the rescheduled WCHA game from I-500 weekend. In exchange for NMU agreeing to make two trips to the Soo, the Lakers will come to Marquette for a non-conference matchup on Nov 25.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• I would like to know how the new unlimited transfer rules are going to affect us.I can't see anything positive coming out of it.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I would like to know how the new unlimited transfer rules are going to affect us.I can't see anything positive coming out of it.
        I don't think it will hurt us that much. IMO we have done well on the transfer "exchange." If guys buy into Tech and Joe's coaching style, I don't think we will lose that many guys. Joe has also shown to be very active on the transfer "wire" getting team-helping players with overall good results.

There is only so much ice time. For every guy from the WCHA who transfers to go to the B1G/Nacho/... there is one that was pushed out that we can pick up.

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks we have a good team this year? Yes, a lot has to go right (injuries, Covid,...) and some puck luck. I think it is reasonable for us to be a top 4 team in the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
            Am I the only one who thinks we have a good team this year? Yes, a lot has to go right (injuries, Covid,...) and some puck luck. I think it is reasonable for us to be a top 4 team in the WCHA.
            The roster is very strong. They've added size, skill, and have good depth and experience. Given some good leadership and the right guys taking another step in their development, this has the potential to be a top level team. I don't think you need to hold the ceiling at top 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks we have a good team this year? Yes, a lot has to go right (injuries, Covid,...) and some puck luck. I think it is reasonable for us to be a top 4 team in the WCHA.
              I wouldn’t be surprised if this year’s final regular season week could just like last year’s. Tech certainly has the opportunity to be among the better teams in the league.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Looks like there's a Joe S. show today at 10ET.

Also looks like there will be an additional jersey this year that'll be shared some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                  ...looks like there will be an additional jersey this year that'll be shared some point.
                  That's the 100th Anniversary Throwback which is supposed to be released this week. Based on the concepts I've seen I'm pretty stoked about the design. I hope the quality of construction is worthy of 100 years of Tech Hockey. The "special" jerseys they have been doing the last few seasons were really cheap quality. But since they were only intended to be worn once and auctioned for charity I get the reasoning. Hopefully the 100th jerseys will be much nicer quality and on par with some of their other current jerseys.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    That's the 100th Anniversary Throwback which is supposed to be released this week. Based on the concepts I've seen I'm pretty stoked about the design. I hope the quality of construction is worthy of 100 years of Tech Hockey. The "special" jerseys they have been doing the last few seasons were really cheap quality. But since they were only intended to be worn once and auctioned for charity I get the reasoning. Hopefully the 100th jerseys will be much nicer quality and on par with some of their other current jerseys.
                    Looks like you got your wish.

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...01110-dy1h2nb4

Comment

i like them!! ...really like them!

Comment

• Yes, I agree. These are really sharp looking and nice quality construction.
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Yes, I agree. These are really sharp looking and nice quality construction.
                          Very cool!

Comment

You couldn't ask for a better throwback jersey. Just awesome.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Lots of positive feedback on twitter as well.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• https://www.uscho.com/2020/11/10/min...ayers-of-year/

We are picked to finish 4th by the coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X