Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

That isn't a legitimate excuse. ASU is geographically isolated from every other D1 hockey program. Maybe Denver, Air Force, and CC could even think of busing, but I highly doubt they would. Everyone else has to fly to get there in any reasonable amount of time. ASU plays shoebox that we could fill with our traveling fans. Because capacity is so minuscule, there isn't a financial offset to the travel costs. It is a lose lose situation without some kind of compensation. We lose money traveling there, can't make it up in ticket sales because of the low capacity, and we can only get a small percentage of our fans who want to attend in. Outside of being a winter vacation destination, what does ASU's Hockey program have to offer that makes up for the financial hit to travel out there?
    Re-write ASU for UAH, swap a great airport for a dinky one, sub a dinky rink for a too-big rink, and sub no fee for a school who paid one ... well?

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Actually it was ASU assistant coach Alex Hicks that had Tech Coach Joe Shawhan in a headlock. Regardless, I thought it was poor form for both teams to involved in this lack of discipline. Hopefully we get to play Tech again soon as I feel we have a good rivalry going with Tech having lots of good players and amazing history.
      Hey, don’t try to confuse my memory of the events with facts!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post

Hey, don’t try to confuse my memory of the events with facts!!!!!
        The most impressive part of that entire event was watching Hicks (who I played against in college) jump from where he was standing on the bench, over the boards in one movement and stick the landing when his feet hit the ice.....in loafers mind you!

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

Re-write ASU for UAH, swap a great airport for a dinky one, sub a dinky rink for a too-big rink, and sub no fee for a school who paid one ... well?

GFM
          I'm all for D1 hockey at UAH and for UAH in the CCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

I'm all for D1 hockey at UAH and for UAH in the CCHA.
            I certainly hope UAH lands in a good spot, hate to see the passion they bring to the game lost sometime in the future.......

Comment

• Huntsville Airport is not all that dinky, now Jackson TN, that's dinky. Huntsville has two long and wide runways.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Huntsville Airport is not all that dinky, now Jackson TN, that's dinky. Huntsville has two long and wide runways.
                I've never been to that airport, and my folks lived there for 15 years.

The KHSV runways are the second-longest east of the Mississippi River (Miami, FL). Apparently you pay by the foot to fly through here. [We are not joining you in the CCHA. Sorry.]

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

I've never been to that airport, and my folks lived there for 15 years.

The KHSV runways are the second-longest east of the Mississippi River (Miami, FL). Apparently you pay by the foot to fly through here. [We are not joining you in the CCHA. Sorry.]

GFM
                  Is that because of some weird NASA tie-in was considered when the runways were constructed?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• if i remember correctly, or if i remember anything, CMX [the worst airport in the country, i have seen the report] was 'expanded' to be able to land 'big planes'. money for the project came from both the US and canada...

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

• Was just window shopping to add to my jersey collection and came across this and wanted to pass it along in case someone has an MTU alumni collection going like I do for NMU players...
                      https://web.dashapp.io/auction/5f777608800d321a21a181ce
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Notice that in this video the airplane gets airborne about 100 ft from the far end. Better hope nothing goes wrong.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiVM0w9YquQ

Comment

• And then there is this one.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Grx5ZiT8qk

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Is that because of some weird NASA tie-in was considered when the runways were constructed?
                            Weird?!?!

I think there were considerations for the local boys, yes. Sierra Nevada may land their commercial cargo craft here for that reason.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Was just window shopping to add to my jersey collection and came across this and wanted to pass it along in case someone has an MTU alumni collection going like I do for NMU players...
                              https://web.dashapp.io/auction/5f777608800d321a21a181ce
                              I would like to get on that action, but who can compete with the wallets of WBS Penguin fans? Not me certainly. They are a crazy bunch when it comes to their game worn jerseys.
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• In the category of "things that actually apply to the upcoming season" for a change...

WKMJ says they expect the release of the 2020/21 hockey schedule shortly. Inside word says the only holdup right now is the non-conference schedule. The fact that it's being discussed to play non-WCHA games itself is encouraging.

Comment

Working...
                                X