Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what happened with Garrett Metcalf transferring in as goaltender. Sinclair should be a good pickup as well. I think the UAH defense allowed a lot more grade A scoring chances than the Tech defensive core will playing in front of him. He should do very well at Tech with their solid defense and with the help of a staff with a lot of goaltending expertise.

Comment

UAH's opponents averaged over 37 shots on goal per game last year. Based on that alone, I'd say his stats will likely improve at MTU.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        UAH's opponents averaged over 37 shots on goal per game last year. Based on that alone, I'd say his stats will likely improve at MTU.
        Concur.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Since I live near Ann Arbor, U of M has stopped ice hockey preseason workouts due to the virus. 28 student-athletes have tested positive so far. Other sports involved as well.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Got word this morning from Darcy Way that the 100th season hockey reunion weekend is now scheduled for August 5-7 of 2021.

Comment

Well, this isn't a good sign for the hockey season. GLIAC suspended conference play until 2021. Here's hoping we can get a hockey season in.

Comment

I would expect that the same protocol will be approached, with the season not starting until after January 1. This isn't like the 50's where schools didn't have artificial ice, so other than scheduling in dual-purpose buildings I don't see a lot of difference.

One knock-on effect is going to be a little more evident for Tech hockey fans. I am of the opinion that we have seen the last GLI played.

Comment

I sure hope not. I can see the issues with LCA though. Maybe they can do it at like Plymouth or some other arena that is less expensive. I think Plymouth seats about 6000. Plymouth has 2 ice sheets and plenty of locker room space, plus people from the UP are familiar with it. Still it would be horrible to not be at a major venue.

Comment

Regarding January 1. I hope you're right but I don't see it. The Virus is not under control and won't be until we get a vaccine, imho. Plus forecasts by that gentleman at U of Minnesota are not encouraging. So maybe we could start in like March? I think that has a reasonable chance of success. I think January is just kicking the can down the road or whistling past the graveyard if you like.

Comment

• Hard to see how we play before Jan 1.

Not sure if it was reported here, but Chase Pietila committed to Tech recently. Good to see another Pietila. Will play in the USHL this year.

Comment

• The Northern Sun (Bemidji and Mankato in the WCHA, St. Cloud and Duluth in the NCHC) just suspended all athletic competition until January 1.
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• I'll be stunned if there's any more WCHA hockey.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I sure hope not. I can see the issues with LCA though. Maybe they can do it at like Plymouth or some other arena that is less expensive. I think Plymouth seats about 6000. Plymouth has 2 ice sheets and plenty of locker room space, plus people from the UP are familiar with it. Still it would be horrible to not be at a major venue.
                            Van Andel in GR would be a good venue.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Van Andel in GR would be a good venue.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                I'll be stunned if there's any more WCHA hockey.

GFM
                                Looking into my not so shiny rock, at best I see something like a round robin "season" that is for play in purposes, maybe 3 or 4 weeks long with a conference tourney at the end to crown a "champion".

Comment

Working...
                                X