Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
    I could see Zach Noble ending up there too. His hometown is two hours away.
    I had forgotten that he is from out east. I guess it would not be a surprise to see him end up there.

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Mitch also had lasting problems with post-concussion after he suffered one. He struggled a lot to get back to 100% and never quite got there even with a lot of hard work. Always a great guy to talk to, he certainly wouldn't have been a problem in the locker room.
    hmm Interesting. I remember over the past couple of seasons numerous questions (or rants in the form of a question) from listeners on the JSH about why Meek isn't playing... what does the coach have against Meek?.. Amazing (not) that there could be behind the scenes health issues that aren't being disclosed to the general fan base.

I certainly wish Meek nothing but the best and hope the change in scenery works out for him.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

So now that Enquist has signed to play at Minnesota state are we still looking for a goalie?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        So now that Enquist has signed to play at Minnesota state are we still looking for a goalie?
        I'm fairly certain the Huskies have a different guy in mind.
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

I'm fairly certain the Huskies have a different guy in mind.
          and I think we can finally say who now that he talked about it on a podcast. Garrett Metcalf from Mercyhurst
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Are we going with 2 goalies this year or did I miss us bringing in a recruit?

Is Jamie Philips going to be the Zamboni driver/emergency goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
              Are we going with 2 goalies this year or did I miss us bringing in a recruit?
              Garrett Metcalf
              Blake Pietila
              Cayden Bailey

Comment

So i'm wondering. since Harvard is going to almost all online instruction for the fall, and Princeton and a few others so far also, at the GLI, will they show up? Do we really want to rent little ceasars and then not have fans there?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Do we really want to rent little ceasars and then not have fans there?
                  I really don't think the invite team fans factor into the attendance. Whoever they bring to support their team is just a bonus. The GLI is supported by the Michigan based teams and their local alumni. There have been plenty of invite teams in past years with little to no fan support in person.

Comment

Well yes but.... you know without fans who pays for the rink? And without Harvard who plays in that slot?

Comment

In a radio bit earlier this week, Suzanne Sanregret admitted that the status of the GLI is in question due to those attendance issues. It's a major concern.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        In a radio bit earlier this week, Suzanne Sanregret admitted that the status of the GLI is in question due to those attendance issues. It's a major concern.
                        I'm concerned about the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                          I'm concerned about the regular season.
                          Four to six weeks ago, I was much more concerned about college hockey, and sports in general for the 2020 calendar year and beyond. However since that time, nearly all of the major sports are working on plans to return in the next couple months (expect baseball where we have millionaires continuing to argue with billionaires about who isn't getting enough).

I think college sports will simply sit back and watch what professional leagues do and follow their cues. Maybe a few teams will sit on the sidelines, but in general games will be held. Sadly to say, there is too much money hanging in the balance and at the end of the day that is the only reason sports is trying to bring itself back. America does not needs sports, but sports need America and their money. At the college level this may even be more true than the professional ranks where the money brought in at the football stadium bankrolls two dozen other money losing sports.

The only concern I have left about college sports this year is if I as a fan will have all the in-person access I have had in the past. For example, will a rink that seats 4000 fans only be allowed to let 500 in per game? Or will no one be allowed inside to see the games live? If the biggest sacrifice we have to make is staying away so that the teams can play, I would hope we can all live that option until we have our national health situation back under control. If this is the case, buy stock in all the pay-per-view providers now because they are going to make money like never before...

Comment

Not to delve into it but many people need to define health situation under control

Comment

I don't think that we can equate pro sports coming back in hub cit(ies) with controlled access to athletes and compare that to student-athletes at 300+ Division I schools and what, another 150 in Division II? Given the amount of infections at SEC schools that are gearing up for practices next month and games in August, I ... I don't see any of us playing 34-game schedules.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

So lets say one player. 1 tests positive at some point. doesn't that mean that everyone he has had close contact with has to isolate for 2 weeks.? There was a tennis tournament in Croatia this week and two big-time players tested positive 1 day before the final. They had to withdraw and the final never happened and now some of the top players have to withdraw from the next tournament as well.
                                So are we going to keep playing if 1 guy tests positive, I don't see how we can? It's an untenable situation if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                                X