Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    He's going to play it again right now.
    Missed it again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Missed it again.

The Mix93 Facebook page has a portion of the interview posted.

https://www.facebook.com/mix93wkmj/v...0864864272894/

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        ...They discussed that there's some concern AK schools may not be able to pay travel subsidy in this last year of WCHA, but that'll be confirmed at a Board meeting next week...
        I heard that a little different but I’m probably a little more skeptical of the severed seven intentions. Her comment wasn’t so much about the ability of the Alaska schools to pay the travel subsidy, but choosing to honor the commitment to do so. She says it will be discussed at the upcoming meeting. With a false narrative she is paving the way for AD’s to decide to cancel travel to Alaska in 2020-21. The severed seven made their decision last year but are getting antsy and are looking to bail out early. COVID-19 and UAH dropping hockey just made that easier.

Comment

I really can't see Tech dropping their trip to AK. Yes, they are leaving the WCHA after this season, but I certainly hope they are going to honor all their commitments for 2020-21. However if they bail on the AK trip, I will be the first to call "foul" and in no way defend their choice.

They are lucky enough to play both teams on back to back weekends, meaning only one trip to play all four games. Plus from what I've heard the guys really like the trip, especially with the days in between where they can do some fun things. In the past they've gone to North Pole, AK to visit Santa, done an outdoor practice, etc.
          Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 05-27-2020, 06:14 PM.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            I really can't see Tech dropping their trip to AK. Yes, they are leaving the WCHA after this season, but I certainly hope they are going to honor all their commitments for 2020-21. However if they bail on the AK trip, I will be the first to call "foul" and in no way defend their choice.

They are lucky enough to play both teams on back to back weekends, meaning only one trip to play all four games. Plus from what I've heard the guys really like the trip, especially with the days in between where they can do some fun things. In the past they've gone to North Pole, AK to visit Santa, done an outdoor practice, etc.
            if the Alaska schools bail on their portion of the agreement, where do those funds come from? Do you take it from your recruiting budget? Equipment budget? Salaries?
            Last edited by davyd83; 05-27-2020, 08:56 PM.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              if the Alaska schools bail on their portion of the agreement, where do those funds come from? Do you take it from your recruiting budget? Equipment budget? Salaries?
              They'll take it out of Dirk's salary. I'm sure NMU would do the same. [emoji28][emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                if the Alaska schools bail on their portion of the agreement, where do those funds come from?
                I would start by selling more jerseys to alumni collectors. I'll have the check book ready...

Comment

So if our program comes back, I hope I get back to hating you clowns 2-7x times a year. I'd take that over a year of mourning and then looking for JJ to get me a Jamie Phillips jersey (because that's absolutely the jersey that I need in my life).

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    So if our program comes back, I hope I get back to hating you clowns 2-7x times a year. I'd take that over a year of mourning and then looking for JJ to get me a Jamie Phillips jersey (because that's absolutely the jersey that I need in my life).

GFM
                    I welcome the hate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                      I welcome the hate!
                      *starts shaking the gloves loose*

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'd take that over a year of mourning and then looking for JJ to get me a Jamie Phillips jersey (because that's absolutely the jersey that I need in my life).
                        GFM
                        I know the one you want, but it's too historical to let go. Ironically, this looks like a jersey that someone wore to make 70+ saves in one game, but that was happening on the other end of the rink.

But maybe some day I would let this one go...

Comment

We should talk sometime...

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

OK guys, its been a couple of days with no talk of Tech Hockey.
                            1. For old times sake: What's the word out of the paint store?
                            2. Does anyone know if a grad transfer goaltender is still in the works for this upcoming season? If so, any guess on who it is?

Also, congrats to UAH for saving their program for another year. I admire their team & fans, and I hope they make a successful go of it for the long term. I think most Tech fans would welcome UAH into the new CCHA.

Comment

Would someone explain the paint store thing to me? It's okay if your response is "no".

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Would someone explain the paint store thing to me? It's okay if your response is "no".

GFM
                                A former poster used to work at a local paint/hardware store, and would get unofficial program news/rumors from patrons there.

Comment

Working...
                                X