Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take out all the grad transfers and it's not as bad as it looks.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Take out all the grad transfers and it's not as bad as it looks.
      If you have one or two that want to leave, your almost always better with them gone.
      Go Huskies!

Comment

• Graduated players shouldn't be listed/categorized as transfers. They graduated and have earned free agent status.

IMO the transfer rules should be a player gets a free transfer after their freshman year as you never really know what you are walking into. Sophomores have to sit out until the Jan 1 (half a season). Juniors have to sit out a full season if they transfer as they know what they got into at that point. I would be fine if a player, baring injury, was allowed to transfer if they didn't dress in 50% of the games. (Note: Normal NCAA non-penalty transfer rules apply, change in coaching, dropping of program,...) The second transfer, the player needs to sit out a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          IMO the transfer rules should be a player gets a free transfer after their freshman year as you never really know what you are walking into. Sophomores have to sit out until the Jan 1 (half a season). Juniors have to sit out a full season if they transfer as they know what they got into at that point. I would be fine if a player, baring injury, was allowed to transfer if they didn't dress in 50% of the games. (Note: Normal NCAA non-penalty transfer rules apply, change in coaching, dropping of program,...) The second transfer, the player needs to sit out a year.
          The problem with this is it makes far too much sense to be taken seriously by the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

The problem with this is it makes far too much sense to be taken seriously by the NCAA.
            Yep, the curse of us technical types, common sense.

Comment

• I've been told the GLI appears on the preliminary schedule. Considering I was one of the people who all but declared it dead, this is a welcome surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                I've been told the GLI appears on the preliminary schedule. Considering I was one of the people who all but declared it dead, this is a welcome surprise.
                That is good news.

Dead at LCA would not have surprised me. I still question if it will stay there long-term. Dead overall, though...I just don't see the three schools allowing that to happen.

Comment

• UAH announced they aren't playing next year. Their top scorer, rising sophomore Tyrone Bronte,Tweeted yesterday he's transferring to Tech. The Misfits are gonna need an Australian flag. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    UAH announced they aren't playing next year. Their top scorer, rising sophomore Tyrone Bronte,Tweeted yesterday he's transferring to Tech. The Misfits are gonna need an Australian flag. ;-)
                    That is sad news for UAH. Hopefully he can build on his freshman season.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      I've been told the GLI appears on the preliminary schedule. Considering I was one of the people who all but declared it dead, this is a welcome surprise.
                      Hopefully it's more than a "hopeful placeholder" at this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X