Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
    Excellent news with the Big 10 schedule. This means there isn't any need for a single additional post about the desert team. If there is, I'm willing to start a thread especially designed for desert team fans who need to post on snowy team threads. I'm sure it will be very popular.
    Ha! Good one! BTW, being MTU has lots of engineers & technologists out in the world, you know that calculus & alcohol don't mix???? Cause you shouldn't drink & derive! Ok, now you can kick me off the thread....
    And, I hope MTU can get a great 100 year celebration weekend or something similar this season. Great history!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

that would be a wonderful idea... an ASUless discussion...

GO TECH GOLD!
      Well maybe but more likely it will be a discussion with no one about nothing. blank. at least this way someone is talking about something!
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Well maybe but more likely it will be a discussion with no one about nothing. blank. at least this way someone is talking about something!
        There is a lot to talk about. Assuming the season start Jan 2021, when do practices start? Anyone know if Tech has any non-conference games lined up for December? Are the hockey players going to be in some kind of "bubble" while on campus? What is the team going to look like this year? How is recruiting looking?

Comment

• Central Collegiate Hockey Association unveils new logo

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20201013cza52c
          Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 10-13-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Great to see another NHL Draft Pick on the team. Hopefully we can have some more recruiting like that.

Anyone else thinks it's odd the season start date has come and gone and there's been very little communication? I know bigger fans are on this site or reading other sites know they're working on a WCHA focused schedule with maybe a January start date. But to the more casual fan, I'm surprised there hasn't been more communication with what's going on for the WCHA teams or Tech specifically.

Comment

• I would guess it is just a complete lack of firm information / direction at this point. A number of sources have stated that there are multiple WCHA scheduling options being considered. So I guess until one is picked they are just going to leave things as they are (other than strangely deleting all start times for road games).
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Woohoo! Frozen Fours in St. Paul, Tampa, and Vegas !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDee View Post
                  Woohoo! Frozen Fours in St. Paul, Tampa, and Vegas !!!

https://www.uscho.com/2020/10/14/nca...s-tournaments/

Random thoughts
                  Will Michigan ever get a regional? (Toledo doesn't count) Only one CCHA school hosting.

How does PSU get back to back years?

2024 being hosted by Lindenwood. I heard they were kicking around going D1. Does this make it official?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

https://www.uscho.com/2020/10/14/nca...s-tournaments/

Random thoughts
                    Will Michigan ever get a regional? (Toledo doesn't count) Only one CCHA school hosting.

How does PSU get back to back years?

2024 being hosted by Lindenwood. I heard they were kicking around going D1. Does this make it official?
                    I believe Navy hosted the Washington, DC Frozen Four and they aren't D-I. I wouldn't read too much into it.
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• A site has to be willing to apply to be a host. Some years ago I contacted the Resch Center in Green Bay and asked/begged them to apply. They responded and said the NCAA rules made it too difficult to know if the site could make a profit. Milwaukee would be a great location.
                      Last edited by TheDee; 10-15-2020, 12:15 PM.

Comment

A site has to be willing to apply to be a host. Some years ago I contacted the Resch Center in Green Bay and asked/begged them to apply. They responded and said the NCAA rules made it too difficult to know if the site could make a profit. Milwaukee would be a great location.
                        Green Bay now also hosts state basketball tournaments at the Resch along with Gamblers and Green Bay Blizzard games and often a concert. That makes scheduling virtually impossible.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Milwaukee would be a great location.
                          Except the Bradley Center is now gone and the Bucks have no interest in sharing their fancy new building with hockey (or anyone else). They refused to share the facility with the Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) and Milwaukee Wave (MASL) and those teams got relegated to the UW-Milwaukee Panthers facility which opened in 1950. Yes Panther Arena has had renovations over the years, but it is a far cry from the Bradley Center which was built specifically to try and bring NHL hockey to Milwaukee. Panther Area has good capacity for a regional (12,000+) but it is no shiny star. As others have pointed out, the financial risk of hosting a regional is real. That's why you see the same teams get awards years in a row. They are willing to take the risk so in with lack of other applicants they get a regional year after year. How many times in the last 10 years has UND hosted one?
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• NMU has (possibly inadvertently) confirmed that the Huskies and Wildcats will play SIX times in the regular season. The full schedule drops tomorrow. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j2n...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              NMU has (possibly inadvertently) confirmed that the Huskies and Wildcats will play SIX times in the regular season. The full schedule drops tomorrow. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j2n...ew?usp=sharing
                              Than you for the updates.

Bring on those Mildcats!

Comment

• One other note - since NMU rescheduled a game with Lake State for Wednesday 25 November, that becomes their opener (ostensibly to avoid an overnight stay in the Soo during I-500 weekend). This will be the game where Griffin Loughran will serve his one game suspension from last year's playoff game, so he will be available for the Friday night game on the 27th in Marquette.

Comment

Working...
                                X