Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies 2020-21: * Our 100th Anniversary * No Catchy Title Needed *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Sol, it's tiring hearing the same whining from you ad nauseum. You want to be in a league with my team? You gotta pay travel costs. You don't want to do that? Nobody gives a rats azz, we're all doing just fine without you. Go be an independent until you finish your rink and can knock on the Nachos door again. Maybe they'll take you in; well, Miami is a no vote but that's not my concern and I don't know if Nacho membership votes require unanimity. In the meantime, stop your *****ing, especially when you end up with only 8 games this year. You had your chance at league membership, you felt you were bigger than what was offered, now live with the consequences of your decision.

Go Tech (it's killing me to have to keep typing that but I feel the need to be a good neighbor).
    I see I hit a sensitive spot for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Arizona State University Men's Ice Hockey Schedule, Jan-Mar 2021:
      Code:
      Jan 8-9:   at LIU
      Jan 15-16: LIU
      Jan 22-23: at LIU
      Jan 29-30: LIU
      Feb 5-6:   at LIU
      Feb 12-13: LIU
      Feb 19-20: at LIU
      Feb 26-27: LIU
      Mar 5-6:   at LIU
      Mar 12-13: LIU
      Mar 19-20: at LIU
      Mar 26-27: LIU (playoffs)

Comment

• I would think you can get some games vs the Alaska schools, maybe? I'm struggling otherwise to find other teams you might get to play.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

ASU was given an invitation a few years ago to the WCHA, but refused because they wouldn’t pay a travel subsidy and didn’t want to commit to an exit fee if they bolted in the first few years.

ASU has the right to make whatever agreement they think is best. But there shouldn’t be some expectation that others should cave to their demands because of their BCS hubris.
          Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

• I would love to hear more passion about ASU on the MTU thread .....

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
              I would love to hear more passion about ASU on the MTU thread .....
              LOL!!! I just want to see Powers in another Shawhan headlock postgame. That was epic, WWFCHA!!!

Comment

• greg powers and johnny walker are my two most-favorite persons in college hockey. ...and the detroit lions just won the superbowl.

i was actually at that game... UFC-on-ice i am telling you...

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                  greg powers and johnny walker are my two most-favorite persons in college hockey. ...and the detroit lions just won the superbowl.

i was actually at that game... UFC-on-ice i am telling you...

GO TECH GOLD!
                  Still dreaming about John Scott as an honorary Tech coach next time we play ASU. Is that wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Still dreaming about John Scott as an honorary Tech coach next time we play ASU. Is that wrong?
                    smart thinking...

hell, suit him up!

"the day that john scott pounded the entire ASU team, coaching staff, bus driver, and fans into a pulp. one handed."

could turn into a holiday around these parts...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

smart thinking...

hell, suit him up!

"the day that john scott pounded the entire ASU team, coaching staff, bus driver, and fans into a pulp. one handed."

could turn into a holiday around these parts...
                      I just had Weird Al's "Weasel Stomping Day" go through my head.

https://youtu.be/k76IGLi6jWI
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Well stomping ASU won't be happening this year as the games vs ASU were dropped from the 2020-21 schedule. Likely to make room for conference games.
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• I recently acquired this cream alternate jersey. It is unused team stock that was never worn or even washed for that matter. (The "born-on" date sticker from the factory is still inside the fight strap.) Likely just had the wrong size numbered and it just sat in storage. This style would have been worn by Dennis Rix (2013-14) or Alex Gillies (2014-2019). These original Reebok jerseys are much nicer quality than the lightweight CCM versions are currently being worn by the team. I photographed the jersey as I received it, but I have a neck lace I can send with the jersey as it didn't come with one.

I would be willing to make this available for trade on other Michigan Tech game worn jerseys. I'll kick in some cash too for the right jersey.
                          Top of my want list would be the one-game "Oval Husky" camo jersey or a 1993-94 white "Piano Dog".

What's out there???

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            Well stomping ASU won't be happening this year as the games vs ASU were dropped from the 2020-21 schedule. Likely to make room for conference games.
                            Come on JJ. You didn't have to throw the 2020 cold water no hockey bucket on our little day dream. Who wouldn't love to see John Scott knock some sense into the Sun Devils? (I don't know if that would be possible, but if anyone could, it would be John Scott.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post

LOL!!! I just want to see Powers in another Shawhan headlock postgame. That was epic, WWFCHA!!!
                              Actually it was ASU assistant coach Alex Hicks that had Tech Coach Joe Shawhan in a headlock. Regardless, I thought it was poor form for both teams to involved in this lack of discipline. Hopefully we get to play Tech again soon as I feel we have a good rivalry going with Tech having lots of good players and amazing history.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post
                                I would love to hear more passion about ASU on the MTU thread .....
                                I will try to accommodate you!
                                Last edited by Sol Diablo; 09-30-2020, 11:46 AM. Reason: tried to put a smiley face at the end but didn't take.....

Comment

Working...
                                X