X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manurespreader
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I am very impressed with your team. I attended in person Saturday and from my up high perspective your breakout was machine like and the effort the lads put out was non-stop. Best wishes on the rest of your season old WCHA foe.
    Thankyou for saying that. In some way we suffer from small mans disease, but we do appreciate it.

I am wondering though, Misiak is going to have to earn his way back into the line-up? did I hear that right?!

You can tell recruits until the cows come home what it's like to play in Houghton, but until you go to Munn or at Yost and hear half the rink is tech fans, you don't really get it.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    I am very impressed with your team. I attended in person Saturday and from my up high perspective your breakout was machine like and the effort the lads put out was non-stop. Best wishes on the rest of your season old WCHA foe.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied
    Posted by a bitter “fan” in the Wisconsin thread today, this post makes me feel so happy:
    “All I know is the tech fans need to sit down, shut the hole under their nose. Really how many times can you say lets go Huskies in one game. Stay in the U.P. where you belong.”

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Looking at the UW thread, the misfits got under the skin of some.
    Anyone who doesn't simply come into the building and sit on their hands in silence annoys Badger fans. Typical Big school mentality. They buy a ticket and think that is "support" of their team. Out scoring them 10-3 will silence most of Bucky's fans as well. One section of Tech fans provides more support than the rest of the home fans combined in most (but not all) opposing buildings.

I was at the BU vs U-Conn game Saturday night. Lots of BU students riding a wave of what seemed to be alcohol induced courage and berating the U-Conn Huskies about how small they were, no talent, can't compete with the Terriers, etc. After U-Conn went up 3-1, they were never heard from again. U-Conn scored two more on their way to a 5-1 win and the BU rink emptied out very early in the 3rd. That's how it goes in most rinks. The home town fans go silent pretty quick in most barns when they are on the receiving end of a beat-down.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    He's definitely an asset!

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Nice start for you guys, hope Michael Karow brings some leadership to your team and has a good year.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Huge wins.! I was a doubter i'm afraid. Looking at the UW thread, the misfits got under the skin of some. it's why I avoid madison. I was treated poorly there once and I won't go back. Onward!
    Whatever happened to the Crease Creatures? I didn't see anything that looked like a UW student section in the crowd shots of the highlights packages. Or have they adopted the B1G mentality of only giving a sh1t when a "like-minded" school is in town?

Leave a comment:

• oldish husky
    replied
    Badger fans complaining that Tech fans were chanting “go Huskies”! Such a crude and offensive cheer. There are children present!

Two thoughts:

If you don’t want the visiting fans to cheer, then don’t give up 5 goals per game.

If you don’t want them chanting in your barn, travel to Houghton and play.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Huge wins.! I was a doubter i'm afraid. Looking at the UW thread, the misfits got under the skin of some. it's why I avoid madison. I was treated poorly there once and I won't go back. Onward!

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Great weekend Husky nation...congrats!

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    Dirk is stealing trivia from MacInnes.
    It's not stealing when it's volunteered to him.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I'm curious, we had one line, the Caderoth line, that seemed really big and another line, with Bronte that seemed really fast. Were either of these lines giving them problems that they had trouble dealing with? it's hard to tell on the radio.

Leave a comment:

• model94
    replied
    Watched in person. The hustle never stopped. Very aggressive penalty kill. Very well conditioned team. Home fans were out of the game after 4-2. The ginormous rink was dead, except for the misfits.

Leave a comment:

• geezer
    replied
    Congrats Huskies! Congrats Fade! On the big wins. All is well in the Keweenaw tonight

Leave a comment:

• huskyfan
    replied
    Dirk is stealing trivia from MacInnes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X