Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manurespreader
    replied
    Remember the new and slightly different forecheck system Bemidji used against us in the semi final? where they essentially forechecked 3 guys.? And where we really struggled to get the breakout going?
    I'm pretty sure we will see that again.

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    It was pathetic coverage. I could see if they had 60+ teams to run through, but with only 16, they could have had a graphic, talk about what each team does best, each team's offense, top non-offensive player, coach, and playing style. Finish about why someone should watch this match-up. Nothing super in depth, but something like... "MTU Huskies out of the CCHA. They are a defense first team with tremendous special teams play. They are lead by their top line on offense and solid netminder. Coach Shawhan is a hard nose, defense first kind of guy and this team reflects it. This is going to be a heck of a matchup with strength on strength."

Oh my goodness, 10 seconds, if that and everyone gets a flavor of the team.
    I give Bucci credit for at least talking about college hockey, but yeah, even for him there's NoDak, MN, UMich, the Boston schools, and...Hey, some of these other guys are OK, too! Last year, in the Frozen Four first game, Melrose was assigned to read the 4 "Players to Watch," at the start of the game, and he mispronounced 3 of them. Yes, the SCSU guys were Finnish, but it was Barry's job to get that right, and he wasn't close. And Bucci repeatedly referred to Nathan Smith as "Davis." Our best player, common name, and he got it wrong repeatedly.

Leave a comment:

• Scrum Bucket
    replied
    Lost Husky, you’re hired!

Leave a comment:

• model94
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    It was pathetic coverage. I could see if they had 60+ teams to run through, but with only 16, they could have had a graphic, talk about what each team does best, each team's offense, top non-offensive player, coach, and playing style. Finish about why someone should watch this match-up. Nothing super in depth, but something like... "MTU Huskies out of the CCHA. They are a defense first team with tremendous special teams play. They are lead by their top line on offense and solid netminder. Coach Shawhan is a hard nose, defense first kind of guy and this team reflects it. This is going to be a heck of a matchup with strength on strength."

It was pretty lame.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    If this team needs bulletin board material, then they've already lost. Bucci always turns into an eastern team homer come tourney time, so I'm not surprised that they glossed over the Loveland regional or whined about certain eastern schools being outside looking in.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    I think we can expect this all week. I'm fine with it actually. As they say in racing, "When the flag drops, the B*** S*** stops". More worried about how we get out of Houghton in an ice storm.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Well i'm expecting loveland and the altitude will be a factor.
    Yes and maybe. We got the Loveland draw, but the altitude will only be a factor if we meet Denver in the regional final. Everyone else is coming from the flatlands as well.

ESPN did a great job of snubbing the entire Loveland region during their tournament reveal special. They did a detailed break down of the other three regions and completely skipped over Loveland. During the entire hour long show, none of the three hosts mentioned ANYTHING related to Tech. They didn't even verbally say Michigan Tech when they showed the Loveland bracket on screen. They spent more time fawning over AIC and the programs that didn't even make the tourney (Oh poor OSU, BU, etc). Ok Huskies, there is your bulletin board material (as if you needed any) for this week.
    Beat the Bulldogs!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Well i'm expecting loveland and the altitude will be a factor.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

I would say it's doubtful Mercyhurst beats AIC to be in a position to beat AF. I would also say that even though Colgate is playing well it's going to be tough for them to beat Quinnipiac, possible I guess, Northeastern I would favor, Denver I would favor, BSU might win also, but then again that's 50-50 at best.
    So let's say the odds are the following. 20%, Mercyhurst wins vs AF, and that's high, 15% Colgate over Harvard,( Harvard has to beat Clarkson to get to the game) 60% Nu beats UML, 50% Minnesota beats Michigan, 60% Mankato beats BSU, the result is some really long odds. Really, really, long.
    0.3% chance using your odds.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post

Tech wouldn't make the NCAAs in this scenario:

Bemidji over Mankato
    Colgate over Harvard
    Northeastern over UML
    Mercyhurst over Air Force
    Minnesota over Michigan
    Denver over North Dakota
    I would say it's doubtful Mercyhurst beats AIC to be in a position to beat AF. I would also say that even though Colgate is playing well it's going to be tough for them to beat Quinnipiac, possible I guess, Northeastern I would favor, Denver I would favor, BSU might win also, but then again that's 50-50 at best.
    So let's say the odds are the following. 20%, Mercyhurst wins vs AF, and that's high, 15% Colgate over Harvard,( Harvard has to beat Clarkson to get to the game) 60% Nu beats UML, 50% Minnesota beats Michigan, 60% Mankato beats BSU, the result is some really long odds. Really, really, long.
    Last edited by manurespreader; 03-16-2022, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post

Bemidji over Mankato
    Colgate over Harvard
    Northeastern over UML
    Minnesota over Michigan
    Denver over North Dakota
    https://rr5---sn-vgqsknld.googlevide...S4LFN2TKO2aKWI

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    10 of the 16 teams will back into the playoffs. Just run with it. We got killed by Northern last year in the tournament, and then went to the Frozen Four. I know it's cliche, but after next week, everyone's record is 0-0.
    I don't have a problem with them losing a game before the playoffs. I don't consider backing in. Struggling with a bottom 1/3 in PW school for 4 games and getting blown out/looking lost against a team Tech handled 4 times, that is backing in.

Playing FSU in their shoebox is always hard, so I can discount those 2 games. They had 2 very hard fought losses to the #1 team in the nation that could have gone either way, I consider that they were ready for the playoffs and can go against anyone. Then they come back and make FSU look just as good as MnSU against them. Understand that FSU is playing for their season, but still. FSU, by all accounts is a below average team. One game, ok, anything can happen in one game, but back to back nights. They follow that up with a stinker of a game against BSU. Even if Tech had lost to BSU in a well played game, my opinion would be different. BSU is a solid team.

There is no excuse for playing at home and looking like chopped liver against anyone. Especially considering they went toe to toe against MnSU 2 weeks before. Instead of being a stone cold lock to make the NCAAs, they get to scoreboard watch and hope and pray they get in. They are too good of a team to have put themselves in this position. That is my frustration.

Leave a comment:

• Liveatjrl
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Ran every possible result still available and Tech is a 100% lock.

You can get Tech as low as 14th with these winners - Minnesota State, Minnesota, Quinnipiac, and Northeastern over UMass-Lowell (the Nacho winner doesn't matter). But that means the only AQ not in the field would be the Atlantic Hockey winner. Ohio State would also stay in the field as the #15 in this scenario.

They also land at #14 if Colgate or Harvard win ECAC. Tech would be the last at-large in this scenario, with the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey taking two spots with autobids.

If UConn wins Hockey East, Tech would actually move up to #11.

What happens from there may not look promising, but they will be in the field regardless.

Bemidji over Mankato
    Colgate over Harvard
    Northeastern over UML
    Minnesota over Michigan
    Denver over North Dakota

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Curious to see if your vote still stands after that catastrophic giveaway against Bemidji.
    Here’s the thing, when anyone else makes a mistake Karow is the guy there who cleans up the mess . When Karow makes a mistake no one is there . So yes it still stands .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X