X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by giwan View Post

Is the locker remodeling more of an updating or more significant changes? Sounds like GLI contracts are out there just not signed? Why does it seem nmu is not willing to play ball and become a travel partner with teams from the east?
    Could it be that NMU Sucks!?

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    For those who have been around a while, Geof Morris, the driving force behind UAH hockey at times, and a passionate fan, died yesterday. Age 44. you can see his obit on twitter.
    Very sad news. He was well informed super fan. I enjoyed hearing his take on UAH hockey when UAH had a team.

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

No scuttlebutt here, just concern about our D-core for this coming season. We are very young.
    Is the locker remodeling more of an updating or more significant changes? Sounds like GLI contracts are out there just not signed? Why does it seem nmu is not willing to play ball and become a travel partner with teams from the east?

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    For those who have been around a while, Geof Morris, the driving force behind UAH hockey at times, and a passionate fan, died yesterday. Age 44. you can see his obit on twitter.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Start of summer.... Ice is down, Coaches meeting happened...New teams, done,... doldrums. So what are the rumors from the paint store? Changes to the Mac? Coaches all staying leaving? Gotta be some scuttlebutt going on?
    No scuttlebutt here, just concern about our D-core for this coming season. We are very young.

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied
    Start of summer.... Ice is down, Coaches meeting happened...New teams, done,... doldrums. So what are the rumors from the paint store? Changes to the Mac? Coaches all staying leaving? Gotta be some scuttlebutt going on?

Leave a comment:

• purpleinnebraska
    replied

Yet in his time as HC we have yet to have a player that plays anywhere close to Marchand.
    To be fair, how many Marchand-types are out there? There are plenty of annoying players, plenty of good players who excel at 5v5, PP, and PK, but almost none who are all of those things. The one I assume Lost Husky is referring to is the only one I can remember who has come close in our conference in recent years.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

If you can't rely on a top guy to be available because he plays like a d-bag and often crosses the line of acceptable conduct, then do you really want that sort of player on your team? A 10-game suspension issued to an otherwise talented player is easier for a team to absorb in an 82-game NHL season than in a typical 36-game NCAA season.
    I completely agree. NMU had "a poor little man" on their team and how many games did he cost them?

My point, there is a difference between admiring a style of play and letting that type of player on your team.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Yet in his time as HC we have yet to have a player that plays anywhere close to Marchand.
    If you can't rely on a top guy to be available because he plays like a d-bag and often crosses the line of acceptable conduct, then do you really want that sort of player on your team? A 10-game suspension issued to an otherwise talented player is easier for a team to absorb in an 82-game NHL season than in a typical 36-game NCAA season.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Our coach loves Marchand, just fyi. I, on the other hand, do not.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Our coach loves Marchand, just fyi. I, on the other hand, do not.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkTrainPolka
    replied
    https://***********/JessRMyers/statu...76991892201475

"Expansion plans for @CCHAHockey will be announced tomorrow. Augustana and Lindenwood are the favorites, I’d presume."

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    Boston is a special kind of place where...
    ...Jack Edwards is seen by the locals as an unbiased play by play announcer.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Just FYI, I'd take Steven Stamkos 10 times and twice on sunday over Brad Marchant. At least Stamkos isn't suspended all the time for dirty play.
    Most hockey fans would, but Boston is a special kind of place where some "chippiness" is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Just FYI, I'd take Steven Stamkos 10 times and twice on sunday over Brad Marchant. At least Stamkos isn't suspended all the time for dirty play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X