<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

i love the the idea of ellsworth... BUT the concern here would be that both he and joe were goalies, i guess defensive focused. what is tyler's role? what was chris' role?

maybe joe and cam are too much alike??

but i am certain if he came onboard they could figure things out... as it all stands, cam would be my choice to replace joe when the time comes. joe is 59, cam is 41...

and incase y'all didn't know, joe coached cam while the HC of the soo indians...
    From previous Joe shows Joe said he wants his "top" assistant to be someone he can unload things to and not have to worry about it. With Cam's D3 experience, Joe could do that like he did with Chris. It might be beneficial to have another former goalie on staff. As much as I love Jamie, he is a volunteer and will be moving on to other things in the not to distant future. Cam could takeover goalies and allow Joe to focus on other areas. As long as Cam can mesh with what Joe is looking for in an assistant, it would be a great hire. Plus recruiter, great D3 run as a HC, ties to Tech, Cam and Joe are familiar with each other,...

Comment

• Tech Hockey Guide says the other two Finnish recruits are defensemen Kasper Vaharautio and Topi Heiskanen. Heiskanen was a second team all-star in the Finnish junior league this past season.

They also have Ryan O'Connell transferring in from Ohio State. I feel okay about our top two defense pairs now, but I have no idea where the goals are going to come from.
      Last edited by redwing61; 07-12-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
        Tech Hockey Guide says the other two Finnish recruits are defensemen Kasper Vaharautio and Topi Heiskanen. Heiskanen was a second team all-star in the Finnish junior league this past season.

They also have Ryan O'Connell transferring in from Ohio State. I feel okay about our top two defense pairs now, but I have no idea where the goals are going to come from.
        Someone had posted there are 2 goalies in this recruiting class.

Schlossman missed that one on The Rink Live's Transfer Portal Update. That addition does give us a nice top 4.

Well... Logan Pietala and Ashbrook are the obvious answer. I think bringing in 2 more centers will help. They should provide better spacing, higher percentage of faceoff wins, cleaner passes, and allow players to play their natural position. They are going to need to embrace the ugly goal. A normal offseason should help a lot of the guys develop some strength/power if they can stay at Tech for a good part of the summer.

Comment

• No coaching rumors from the Paint Store?

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
            No coaching rumors from the Paint Store?
            It's Jordy Murray.

Comment

Working...
            X