No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry Michigan decided not to play, they are a good program and brought a lot to the table. I'm sorry the tournament is moving to GR. I don't think it will draw as well over there but who knows. Still, life goes on and so will the GLi. Michigan can go do whatever they want. They are replaceable just like everyone else.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• It would be really funny though for them to pull the plug and then world juniors move permanently to August.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• "This article was updated to include statements provided by Michigan and Michigan Tech, as well as additional context regarding the 2021 GLI Tournament."

https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-ho...-invitational/

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
          "This article was updated to include statements provided by Michigan and Michigan Tech, as well as additional context regarding the 2021 GLI Tournament."

https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-ho...-invitational/
          Good article. I think it states everything we already knew but the media had been dancing around it somewhat.

Comment

• Curious from my fellow Husky fans, will you be attending the GLI now that it's back to a tournament format in GR? Does not having Michigan there sway you? Does the tourney being in GR make a difference?

There have been lots of discussions regarding what this will do for attendance. I'm just curious what the initial "feeling" is. I live in Lansing and grew up in GR, so I'm excited about this and my family is ABSOLUTELY going to attend.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post
              Curious from my fellow Husky fans, will you be attending the GLI now that it's back to a tournament format in GR? Does not having Michigan there sway you? Does the tourney being in GR make a difference?

There have been lots of discussions regarding what this will do for attendance. I'm just curious what the initial "feeling" is. I live in Lansing and grew up in GR, so I'm excited about this and my family is ABSOLUTELY going to attend.
              I live in NC now but go back to my Mom's in Grand Haven for Christmas every year, a much better chance of me going this year than there has been since I moved down here in 2010.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I'm sorry Michigan decided not to play, they are a good program and brought a lot to the table. I'm sorry the tournament is moving to GR. I don't think it will draw as well over there but who knows. Still, life goes on and so will the GLi. Michigan can go do whatever they want. They are replaceable just like everyone else.
                Probably more accurate to say they were kicked to the curb.

Comment

• Originally posted by model94 View Post

Probably more accurate to say they were kicked to the curb.
                  "You're fired!"
                  "You can't fire me! I quit!"

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post
                    Curious from my fellow Husky fans, will you be attending the GLI now that it's back to a tournament format in GR? Does not having Michigan there sway you? Does the tourney being in GR make a difference?

In some ways yes. I have more family and friend connections in/around GR and have a higher probability to convince them to go to a hockey game. It depends on what day the games fall, family activities, and work schedule.

Comment

• I went to the Van Andel Arena site and they already have all the info up. I like it.

https://www.vanandelarena.com/events/sports

Comment

• well, well, well...

Clarkson Hires Chris Brooks to Men's Staff

https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...ens-staff.aspx

Comment

• Will not be at GLI this year - sad it is leaving Detroit but attendance with the all Michigan format has been poor - get to see Tech vs USDTNP and will make trek during 2022 to the MAC
                          LCA left no choice so glad GLI found workable solution

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                            well, well, well...

Clarkson Hires Chris Brooks to Men's Staff

https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...ens-staff.aspx
                            Interesting. It looks like a lateral move. I wonder what kind of an impact that will have on Joe's friendship with Casey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Interesting. It looks like a lateral move. I wonder what kind of an impact that will have on Joe's friendship with Casey.
                              If they're friends, wouldn't you think they talked about it? Assume he would be getting a raise at Clarkson? I see he's from Stratford, ON. A move to Clarkson puts him closer to "home" as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Lateral move ok, though going from Western to Tech was lateral as well. Maybe he just wanted a change of scenery and I am sure a raise. Does anyone know how competitive the salaries are? Leaves the staff kind of young now.

Comment

Working...
                                X