<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    If that's the case, well i'm hopeful but not optimistic about attendance.
    The GLI doesn't need to draw 10k per night. If the rent for Van Andel Arena is even half what they were paying for the LCA I would be shocked.
    I'm ok with Tech, State, Western, Ferris for year 1 of the GLI 2.0 but enough with the same "anchor" teams over and over again. Make it Tech, another Michigan school (no less than three years since last appearance) and two new invite teams from anywhere (like all those independent teams looking for games). Give Tech fans new teams to see each year and limit appearances by other Michigan teams so their fans show up when they are in it.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Any word on defensemen Tech is/can bring in or are we going to see a very young D-core?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        The GLI doesn't need to draw 10k per night. If the rent for Van Andel Arena is even half what they were paying for the LCA I would be shocked.
        I'm ok with Tech, State, Western, Ferris for year 1 of the GLI 2.0 but enough with the same "anchor" teams over and over again. Make it Tech, another Michigan school (no less than three years since last appearance) and two new invite teams from anywhere (like all those independent teams looking for games). Give Tech fans new teams to see each year and limit appearances by other Michigan teams so their fans show up when they are in it.
        Were Tech & Michigan paying rent or was Olympia including that with them running the tourney? How much were the appearance fees for State & Team #4. One of the reasons the GLI went to all Michigan and nearby schools like Notre Dame and Bowling Green was due to the expense of bringing teams from Boston or Denver. If you have Tech, another “local” team and two more, who pays to bring those other 2 in? In regular games, if Tech were to host Boston College, there is generally a return trip involved. In a showcase, or tournament, how do you compensate those other teams?
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

NMU has shown no interest in partnering on a schedule like that. Tech has tried repeatedly to no avail. Lake State and UMD are too far from Houghton to make it feasible.
          NMU & Tech literally partnered LAST YEAR to host Notre Dame back-to-back nights...
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

NMU & Tech literally partnered LAST YEAR to host Notre Dame back-to-back nights...
            No, Notre Dame owed both of them return series and welched on it by playing singles with both. There was no agreement with Tech and NMU to bring in ND for that format. Just because they happened to each play the single on the same weekend doesn't mean that was the intention on how it was arranged.

Comment

• Just FYI, I'd take Steven Stamkos 10 times and twice on sunday over Brad Marchant. At least Stamkos isn't suspended all the time for dirty play.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Just FYI, I'd take Steven Stamkos 10 times and twice on sunday over Brad Marchant. At least Stamkos isn't suspended all the time for dirty play.
                Most hockey fans would, but Boston is a special kind of place where some "chippiness" is appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                  Boston is a special kind of place where...
                  ...Jack Edwards is seen by the locals as an unbiased play by play announcer.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• https://***********/JessRMyers/statu...76991892201475

"Expansion plans for @CCHAHockey will be announced tomorrow. Augustana and Lindenwood are the favorites, I’d presume."

Comment

• Our coach loves Marchand, just fyi. I, on the other hand, do not.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Our coach loves Marchand, just fyi. I, on the other hand, do not.
                        Yet in his time as HC we have yet to have a player that plays anywhere close to Marchand.

Comment

Yet in his time as HC we have yet to have a player that plays anywhere close to Marchand.
                          If you can't rely on a top guy to be available because he plays like a d-bag and often crosses the line of acceptable conduct, then do you really want that sort of player on your team? A 10-game suspension issued to an otherwise talented player is easier for a team to absorb in an 82-game NHL season than in a typical 36-game NCAA season.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

If you can't rely on a top guy to be available because he plays like a d-bag and often crosses the line of acceptable conduct, then do you really want that sort of player on your team? A 10-game suspension issued to an otherwise talented player is easier for a team to absorb in an 82-game NHL season than in a typical 36-game NCAA season.
                            I completely agree. NMU had "a poor little man" on their team and how many games did he cost them?

My point, there is a difference between admiring a style of play and letting that type of player on your team.

Comment

To be fair, how many Marchand-types are out there? There are plenty of annoying players, plenty of good players who excel at 5v5, PP, and PK, but almost none who are all of those things. The one I assume Lost Husky is referring to is the only one I can remember who has come close in our conference in recent years.

Comment

• Start of summer.... Ice is down, Coaches meeting happened...New teams, done,... doldrums. So what are the rumors from the paint store? Changes to the Mac? Coaches all staying leaving? Gotta be some scuttlebutt going on?

Comment

Working...
                                X