No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even within the NAHL there are strong scorers that Tech is not getting. You get experienced 20 year old players that are peaking with more leadership roles with increased playing time. These players have been going to a wide variety of schools and Tech is not active

Comment

• Gotz and Buckley in the portal. It would be good to replace those guys on D with some experienced D men available from the portal to supplement Docter and any other upcoming young Defense. Thorne is terrific, can skate and can move the puck well, but we need more experience on the back end because it don’t look like run and gun is in the cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
        Gotz and Buckley in the portal. It would be good to replace those guys on D with some experienced D men available from the portal to supplement Docter and any other upcoming young Defense. Thorne is terrific, can skate and can move the puck well, but we need more experience on the back end because it don’t look like run and gun is in the cards.
        Where can one see who is in the transfer portal? I know Schlossman maintained a good list last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
          Gotz and Buckley in the portal. It would be good to replace those guys on D with some experienced D men available from the portal to supplement Docter and any other upcoming young Defense. Thorne is terrific, can skate and can move the puck well, but we need more experience on the back end because it don’t look like run and gun is in the cards.
          We need another steady, experienced defensive d-man like Michael Karow if next year is going to be competitive and not a full-on rebuilding year. Looking at players who need to be ready to take the next step and backfill the losses on offense - Logan Pietila, Caderoth, Ashbrook, Mosley, and Saretsky will all need to step it up and/or be more consistent. I'm hoping either Bronte or Ganie can become a fixture at 4th line center and it would be good to see at least one of either Nardella or Crespi finally break out a bit (more likely the former, I'm guessing). Misiak is a big leadership loss, not sure who's ready to try and fill his shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Where can one see who is in the transfer portal? I know Schlossman maintained a good list last year.
            Here are two:
            Gopher Puck Live (lists in portal entry date order): https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/
            UNH Google Sheet (includes player stats): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
              Here are two:
              Gopher Puck Live (lists in portal entry date order): https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/
              UNH Google Sheet (includes player stats): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
              Entering the transfer portal with a -31 +/- .....

Comment

• The D corp is thinning out. 2 more entered the portal along with back-up goalie Bailey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                  The D corp is thinning out. 2 more entered the portal along with back-up goalie Bailey.
                  Datema seemed to get looks early on in his time at Tech, but then it appeared he was on the wrong side of Shawhan and got buried.

It's unfortunate about Doctor, he struck me as a potential Lars Helminen lite, someone who could bring it up the ice and provide some opportunities from the back end.

Maybe it was a square peg in a round hole situation, but these departures at D all at once are a bit concerning.

Comment

• There are a couple of great options in the portal that would be a substantial upgrade on the blue line. Simon Kjellberg from RPI is an all-ECAC performer and has two years of eligibility available, and Derek Daschke from Miami intrigues me as a potential breakout candidate also with two years to play. Plus there's Connor Kelley from UMD who played a great game against Tech in the tournament, he's got 3 years left.

Comment

• Reviewing the 2021 portal information, of 265 players (non goalies) who entered, 80 ended up D3 / Canadian college or even on club teams and another 30, assuming that's what a blank "new team" field means, ended up not playing.

Comment

• No surprise about Bailey trying to leave, that means Blake is likely staying for his senior year. Plus we just got another goalie commit today, so I assume Joe knew this was coming.

Comment

• Lukas Sillinger is in the portal. How good would he look in Huskies sweater?

He's going to be a great pickup for whoever gets him.

Comment

• Our incoming goalies this fall are Max Vayrynen and Michael Morelli.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Simon Kjellberg from RPI is an all-ECAC performer and has two years of eligibility available.
                              Kjellberg has committed to ... Northern Michigan
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• So Coach Shawhan dropped a couple hints about the GLI recently. Any more on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X