No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was pathetic coverage. I could see if they had 60+ teams to run through, but with only 16, they could have had a graphic, talk about what each team does best, each team's offense, top non-offensive player, coach, and playing style. Finish about why someone should watch this match-up. Nothing super in depth, but something like... "MTU Huskies out of the CCHA. They are a defense first team with tremendous special teams play. They are lead by their top line on offense and solid netminder. Coach Shawhan is a hard nose, defense first kind of guy and this team reflects it. This is going to be a heck of a matchup with strength on strength."

Oh my goodness, 10 seconds, if that and everyone gets a flavor of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
      It was pathetic coverage. I could see if they had 60+ teams to run through, but with only 16, they could have had a graphic, talk about what each team does best, each team's offense, top non-offensive player, coach, and playing style. Finish about why someone should watch this match-up. Nothing super in depth, but something like... "MTU Huskies out of the CCHA. They are a defense first team with tremendous special teams play. They are lead by their top line on offense and solid netminder. Coach Shawhan is a hard nose, defense first kind of guy and this team reflects it. This is going to be a heck of a matchup with strength on strength."

It was pretty lame.

Comment

• Lost Husky, you’re hired!

Comment

It was pathetic coverage. I could see if they had 60+ teams to run through, but with only 16, they could have had a graphic, talk about what each team does best, each team's offense, top non-offensive player, coach, and playing style. Finish about why someone should watch this match-up. Nothing super in depth, but something like... "MTU Huskies out of the CCHA. They are a defense first team with tremendous special teams play. They are lead by their top line on offense and solid netminder. Coach Shawhan is a hard nose, defense first kind of guy and this team reflects it. This is going to be a heck of a matchup with strength on strength."

I give Bucci credit for at least talking about college hockey, but yeah, even for him there's NoDak, MN, UMich, the Boston schools, and...Hey, some of these other guys are OK, too! Last year, in the Frozen Four first game, Melrose was assigned to read the 4 "Players to Watch," at the start of the game, and he mispronounced 3 of them. Yes, the SCSU guys were Finnish, but it was Barry's job to get that right, and he wasn't close. And Bucci repeatedly referred to Nathan Smith as "Davis." Our best player, common name, and he got it wrong repeatedly.

Comment

• Remember the new and slightly different forecheck system Bemidji used against us in the semi final? where they essentially forechecked 3 guys.? And where we really struggled to get the breakout going?
            I'm pretty sure we will see that again.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post

I give Bucci credit for at least talking about college hockey, but yeah, even for him there's NoDak, MN, UMich, the Boston schools, and...Hey, some of these other guys are OK, too! Last year, in the Frozen Four first game, Melrose was assigned to read the 4 "Players to Watch," at the start of the game, and he mispronounced 3 of them. Yes, the SCSU guys were Finnish, but it was Barry's job to get that right, and he wasn't close. And Bucci repeatedly referred to Nathan Smith as "Davis." Our best player, common name, and he got it wrong repeatedly.
              Melrose has sucked for YEARS! His NHL coverages is equally as bad. If it isn't an east coast team/player that he likes, he has no interest in them and doesn't care how bad he skews/butchers the coverage. How he has a job in TV is beyond me.

You can't tell me someone at ESPN can't do a better job? They couldn't hire a contractor who knows college hockey and has some TV experience to make their presentation sound somewhat legitimate?

Comment

Melrose has sucked for YEARS! His NHL coverages is equally as bad. If it isn't an east coast team/player that he likes, he has no interest in them and doesn't care how bad he skews/butchers the coverage. How he has a job in TV is beyond me.

You can't tell me someone at ESPN can't do a better job? They couldn't hire a contractor who knows college hockey and has some TV experience to make their presentation sound somewhat legitimate?
                Give ESPN credit for loyalty. They keep guys like Melrose, Berman, Vitale, etc., long after their Sell By dates. Anyway, good luck, Huskies! Let's meet in Boston!

Comment

• Hate to be a buzzkill, but the only way I see us beating Duluth is if Pietila is lights out and the Bulldogs get into penalty trouble so that our power play can get lots of looks. This is a UMD team with less high-end talent than in recent years, but lots more tournament experience and a penchant for knowing how to grind out games when it matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Hate to be a buzzkill, but the only way I see us beating Duluth is if Pietila is lights out and the Bulldogs get into penalty trouble so that our power play can get lots of looks. This is a UMD team with less high-end talent than in recent years, but lots more tournament experience and a penchant for knowing how to grind out games when it matters.
                    I agree. This is was a tough draw for Tech. The guys are going to have to buckle up their chin straps and play our game for a full 60 minutes. Time to show the hard skill.

Comment

• This is our time - UMD's time is over. Screw em, Tomorrow Tech is the best hockey team in the building

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        This is our time - UMD's time is over. Screw em, Tomorrow Tech is the best hockey team in the building
                        Totally agree. Everyone in college hockey is beatable. Keep moving the puck, etc. you should be ok.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Let's Go Tech! Let's win this dog fight.

Comment

• Congratulations to Colin Kronforst on winning the award for biggest overreaction on a penalty call in an NCAA tournament game. Barely a 2, calls it a 5 and a game. And that came just after Parrottino got hit in the head with no penalty.

Didn't Duluth spend the whole game in the IceBreaker diving and flopping all over the ice? Here we go again.

Comment

• Turnovers...

Comment

• Under NHL rules, the Bulldogs would have been called for 7 delay of game penalties for shooting the puck out of play.

Comment

Working...
                                X