No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran every possible result still available and Tech is a 100% lock.

You can get Tech as low as 14th with these winners - Minnesota State, Minnesota, Quinnipiac, and Northeastern over UMass-Lowell (the Nacho winner doesn't matter). But that means the only AQ not in the field would be the Atlantic Hockey winner. Ohio State would also stay in the field as the #15 in this scenario.

They also land at #14 if Colgate or Harvard win ECAC. Tech would be the last at-large in this scenario, with the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey taking two spots with autobids.

If UConn wins Hockey East, Tech would actually move up to #11.

What happens from there may not look promising, but they will be in the field regardless.
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 03-14-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      My nomination for MVP is Michael Karow.
      Curious to see if your vote still stands after that catastrophic giveaway against Bemidji.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
        Sorry to jump in, but with respect to the tourney the pairwise math majors are saying on various boards Tech is a lock and I like your chances. The eastern leagues do not like the style of hockey the CCHA teams play (especially eastern teams). They do not match up well with us. Last year BG went in to Camden and thoroughly beat down Q while Bemidji kicked the crap out of Wisco and the Lakers didn't look half bad against the eventual national champs. This year Mankato ran UMass out of their building and you split with Clarkson. While we may not win every game, we are always more than competitive. Underestimate us at your peril.

Now if we find Tech up against Denver or Nodak, well, hmmmm...all bets are off. But matched up with any ECAC/HE team and I'm on Draft Kings dropping coins on the Huskies. And I'm likely doing so against the two UMs or ND.
        The hard part for me as a Tech fan, it feels like Tech is backing into the playoffs. Yes, I would take Tech against HE or the ECAC. The B1G gives us issues as they have the ability to consistently capitalize on Tech's all too frequent mental lapses/breakdowns. Agreed that the NCHC schools are tough as nails and outside of Mankato, I don't know who can go toe to toe with them. Tech would have been included, after our MnSU series, but they turn around and can barely beat FSU. I don't want to talk about BSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

The hard part for me as a Tech fan, it feels like Tech is backing into the playoffs.
          10 of the 16 teams will back into the playoffs. Just run with it. We got killed by Northern last year in the tournament, and then went to the Frozen Four. I know it's cliche, but after next week, everyone's record is 0-0.

Comment

• Bliss, Swoyer, and Blake Pietila named to the all-CCHA Second Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Curious to see if your vote still stands after that catastrophic giveaway against Bemidji.
              Here’s the thing, when anyone else makes a mistake Karow is the guy there who cleans up the mess . When Karow makes a mistake no one is there . So yes it still stands .
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Ran every possible result still available and Tech is a 100% lock.

You can get Tech as low as 14th with these winners - Minnesota State, Minnesota, Quinnipiac, and Northeastern over UMass-Lowell (the Nacho winner doesn't matter). But that means the only AQ not in the field would be the Atlantic Hockey winner. Ohio State would also stay in the field as the #15 in this scenario.

They also land at #14 if Colgate or Harvard win ECAC. Tech would be the last at-large in this scenario, with the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey taking two spots with autobids.

If UConn wins Hockey East, Tech would actually move up to #11.

What happens from there may not look promising, but they will be in the field regardless.
                Tech wouldn't make the NCAAs in this scenario:

Bemidji over Mankato
                Colgate over Harvard
                Northeastern over UML
                Mercyhurst over Air Force
                Minnesota over Michigan
                Denver over North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  10 of the 16 teams will back into the playoffs. Just run with it. We got killed by Northern last year in the tournament, and then went to the Frozen Four. I know it's cliche, but after next week, everyone's record is 0-0.
                  I don't have a problem with them losing a game before the playoffs. I don't consider backing in. Struggling with a bottom 1/3 in PW school for 4 games and getting blown out/looking lost against a team Tech handled 4 times, that is backing in.

Playing FSU in their shoebox is always hard, so I can discount those 2 games. They had 2 very hard fought losses to the #1 team in the nation that could have gone either way, I consider that they were ready for the playoffs and can go against anyone. Then they come back and make FSU look just as good as MnSU against them. Understand that FSU is playing for their season, but still. FSU, by all accounts is a below average team. One game, ok, anything can happen in one game, but back to back nights. They follow that up with a stinker of a game against BSU. Even if Tech had lost to BSU in a well played game, my opinion would be different. BSU is a solid team.

There is no excuse for playing at home and looking like chopped liver against anyone. Especially considering they went toe to toe against MnSU 2 weeks before. Instead of being a stone cold lock to make the NCAAs, they get to scoreboard watch and hope and pray they get in. They are too good of a team to have put themselves in this position. That is my frustration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post

Bemidji over Mankato
                    Colgate over Harvard
                    Northeastern over UML
                    Minnesota over Michigan
                    Denver over North Dakota
                    https://rr5---sn-vgqsknld.googlevide...S4LFN2TKO2aKWI

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post

Bemidji over Mankato
                      Colgate over Harvard
                      Northeastern over UML
                      Minnesota over Michigan
                      Denver over North Dakota
                      I would say it's doubtful Mercyhurst beats AIC to be in a position to beat AF. I would also say that even though Colgate is playing well it's going to be tough for them to beat Quinnipiac, possible I guess, Northeastern I would favor, Denver I would favor, BSU might win also, but then again that's 50-50 at best.
                      So let's say the odds are the following. 20%, Mercyhurst wins vs AF, and that's high, 15% Colgate over Harvard,( Harvard has to beat Clarkson to get to the game) 60% Nu beats UML, 50% Minnesota beats Michigan, 60% Mankato beats BSU, the result is some really long odds. Really, really, long.
                      Last edited by manurespreader; 03-16-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I would say it's doubtful Mercyhurst beats AIC to be in a position to beat AF. I would also say that even though Colgate is playing well it's going to be tough for them to beat Quinnipiac, possible I guess, Northeastern I would favor, Denver I would favor, BSU might win also, but then again that's 50-50 at best.
                        So let's say the odds are the following. 20%, Mercyhurst wins vs AF, and that's high, 15% Colgate over Harvard,( Harvard has to beat Clarkson to get to the game) 60% Nu beats UML, 50% Minnesota beats Michigan, 60% Mankato beats BSU, the result is some really long odds. Really, really, long.
                        0.3% chance using your odds.

Comment

• Well i'm expecting loveland and the altitude will be a factor.

Comment

Well i'm expecting loveland and the altitude will be a factor.
                            Yes and maybe. We got the Loveland draw, but the altitude will only be a factor if we meet Denver in the regional final. Everyone else is coming from the flatlands as well.

ESPN did a great job of snubbing the entire Loveland region during their tournament reveal special. They did a detailed break down of the other three regions and completely skipped over Loveland. During the entire hour long show, none of the three hosts mentioned ANYTHING related to Tech. They didn't even verbally say Michigan Tech when they showed the Loveland bracket on screen. They spent more time fawning over AIC and the programs that didn't even make the tourney (Oh poor OSU, BU, etc). Ok Huskies, there is your bulletin board material (as if you needed any) for this week.
                            Beat the Bulldogs!
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• I think we can expect this all week. I'm fine with it actually. As they say in racing, "When the flag drops, the B*** S*** stops". More worried about how we get out of Houghton in an ice storm.

Comment

• If this team needs bulletin board material, then they've already lost. Bucci always turns into an eastern team homer come tourney time, so I'm not surprised that they glossed over the Loveland regional or whined about certain eastern schools being outside looking in.

Comment

Working...
                                X