No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking sluggish tonight at St. Thomas. Warning klaxons should be blaring right now.

Comment

• This is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

• This is going to destroy our RPI.

Comment

• Blow a 3rd period lead 2x vs PWR #58. Good show Tech! lololol
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Well, we slipped from 7 to 9. I thought it would be much worse. Need to right the ship tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post
              This is why we can't have nice things.
              Exactly! It makes this team hard to follow. We have a great 3 game stretch. Then play a good D3 lineup with some D1 transfers sprinkled in and can't beat them twice soundly. Anything less than a 6 point weekend against them is disappointing.

Need to forget about that and on to NMU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Need to forget about that and on to NMU!
                Mission accomplished. That was a very fun game to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

Mission accomplished. That was a very fun game to watch.
                  Yes. Good thing the game was at the LiBerry. I don't think NMU could sit for the bus ride home after that whooping we delivered.

Comment

• FIrst time I have ever felt bad to NMU. Well more just the goalie. Their Coach intermission interview was great. I've never heard a coach that defeated, that early.
                    Last edited by Qball319; 02-09-2022, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• I liked Joe’s second intermission interview. “We are staying off our checks. No need to finish bumps…”. Im sure Joe wishes we didn’t take the major at the end, but things could have really escalated if the game stayed physical through the 3rd.
                      Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qball319 View Post
                        FIrst time I have ever felt bad to NMU. Well more just the goalie. Their Coach intermission interview was great. I've never heard a coach that defeated, that early.
                        have not been kept up to date with NMU, just what happened with all their goalies?

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post

have not been kept up to date with NMU, just what happened with all their goalies?
                          DiMattio is simply listed as "out." The assumption is he re-agrivated the hip injury he had surgery on last off-season. Glockner got kicked in the head (inadvertent) by a BSU player last weekend.
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Eventually playing 8 games in 16 days was going to catch up. BG is that team that always finds a way to get a split in Houghton, so I can't say I'm surprised. Any remote hope of a shot at the MacNaughton the last weekend is gone, so maybe a rest day before prepping for Ferris would be in order. Dropping to #10 in the PairWise is probably the most concerning development, likely going to need at worst a split against Mankato to get that QWB and make it safer.

Comment

• Things that worry me. : 1)The PK last night wasn't that hot and failed to adjust to the things BG was doing.BG owned our zone most of the time. On the other hand our pp was not effective vs their pk. We couldn't get set up and struggled to even enter the zone. 2) the team did not do well breaking out against the aggressive forecheck of BG. on either night . No adjustment was made either between periods or between games. 3. The compete level was only so so. Some guys competed but we lost a lot of puck battles both nights.
                              I worry that we have gotten lax because we haven't been playing top notch competition and can still win. Witness the Alaska vs St .Thomas series. Or anyone else vs st thomas, except us. I'm not sure we can just rekindle things in a week or two. I hope i'm wrong.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• The Saturday afternoon loss is an example of what continues to separate Tech from Mankato at the top of the CCHA and other teams in the NCAA tourney conversation. Those teams just seem to find the effort/motivation/skill to get those key wins when needed. The month of February really could not have been scheduled much better for Tech. Yes, mid-week games vs NMU were not great, but the potential tough games were all in Houghton with some other "must/should win" games on the road.

The top teams might blow a game they should win once or twice a season, but Tech seems to give away points about once a month. That's too often to stay in the national race. Tech entered Saturday in control of their own destiny to win the CCHA and all but assure themselves a spot in the tourney. However Tech has now left points on the table with every team in the conference except for Ferris (two games yet to play). Like most seasons they are going to have to get help from Mankato and/or others around the country on the tourney bubble if they want to make the 16 team field.
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X