No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if you were hoping to see the Band at the 'GLI' this year, the Big Ten says you can pound sand.

https://techhockeyguide.com/2021/12/...-gli-showcase/

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      So if you were hoping to see the Band at the 'GLI' this year, the Big Ten says you can pound sand.

This is BS! I could begrudgingly go with playing "The GLI" in EL and AA with the scheduling challenges at the Pizza Box, but this is too far. This is the first time in a very long time I question our scheduling powers that be. No band + playing MSU in EL + playing U of M in AA = two road games. It was a stretch to call it the GLI before, and now there is no way anyone should call it that. The real kicker, we wasted a scheduling bullet for this.

This is like Christmas without presents.

Comment

• These have been road games from the day the "showcase" format was announced, so you could see this coming a mile away.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          So if you were hoping to see the Band at the 'GLI' this year, the Big Ten says you can pound sand.

The GLI is done. I hope our athletic dept can see that. Schedule a couple of meaningful NC games. Or create a new tournament with non-B1G schools. Could still be downstate. Plenty of great opportunities.

Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redridge View Post
            The GLI is done. I hope our athletic dept can see that. Schedule a couple of meaningful NC games. Or create a new tournament with non-B1G schools. Could still be downstate. Plenty of great opportunities.
            I don't think it is.( dead) the problem though is LCA charges so much to use the arena that it's hard to even break even and they give us the dregs of what dates there might be. I think they will try again though. Let's hope it works.
            I appreciate Michigan and MSU being willing to play at home on short notice but maybe we could just show up anyway instruments and all.. There won't be students after all, so plenty of seats. .
            I don't think Van Andel is a viable alternative to be honest and all the other possible arenas aren't acceptable.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Wow. I actually feel sorry for St Thomas. They deserved that one.
              Go Huskies!

Comment

• I'm afraid that meltdown at the end of the third will have serious consequences for us in the Pairwise that we'll be chasing for the rest of the season. We cannot keep giving away points like this. Absolutely inexcusable.

Comment

• How has Karow been?

Comment

• I think, based on this weekends games, we will lose both ends of the GLi. MSU is a pretty good team. I figure we will take them for granted.

Comment

• Watching Joe’s post game was difficult.

I think he pointed out something interesting. The Friday Night game had a bit of teamwork going. Passes to the front of the net, scoring. Behind the back passes in front of the net…. More tick.tac.toe plays. At times Friday I was starting to wonder if we were (gasp) passing once too many.

Saturday night scoring was different. All of our goals were (really awesome) individual effort goals. It’s hard to knock those goals- they were great. But we were missing the rest of what we saw Friday.

Did we just take the win for granted and start trying to bolster individual stats? Taking shots instead of passing one more time. Joe is right that they need to play as a team. But that is what they are working on, right?

I am getting worried the Debbie Downer perspective is going to take over soon, if they don’t figure it out. They seem to play like a team one night and look very impressive, and quite tthe opposite the next….

As an aside, the Tommies are going to be a force to reckon with soon.
                      Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I think, based on this weekends games, we will lose both ends of the GLi. MSU is a pretty good team. I figure we will take them for granted.
                        The skunks will be lacking a lot in their lineup due to World Juniors. They'll still have a talent advantage, but not by a lot. Goaltending should be the difference if Tech wins - Portillo is average at best.

MSU doesn't really have a top line, just multiple second line talent. They do have the goaltending to match if DeRidder is on his game. They'll also be coming off a tough physical game against Western. The best parallel is a Ferris team with better goaltending.

I don't think anyone is ever going to take a Big Ten opponent for granted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                          Watching Joe’s post game was difficult.

I think he pointed out something interesting. The Friday Night game had a bit of teamwork going. Passes to the front of the net, scoring. Behind the back passes in front of the net…. More tick.tac.toe plays. At times Friday I was starting to wonder if we were (gasp) passing once too many.

Saturday night scoring was different. All of our goals were (really awesome) individual effort goals. It’s hard to knock those goals- they were great. But we were missing the rest of what we saw Friday.

Did we just take the win for granted and start trying to bolster individual stats? Taking shots instead of passing one more time. Joe is right that they need to play as a team. But that is what they are working on, right?

I am getting worried the Debbie Downer perspective is going to take over soon, if they don’t figure it out. They seem to play like a team one night and look very impressive, and quite tthe opposite the next….

As an aside, the Tommies are going to be a force to reckon with soon.
                          I agree. For me it is seeing how could this team could be and instead we are leaving points on the table. If it was one series here and there, ok, but... It is almost every weekend. The way we are playing right now we don't care about playoff home ice, or the NCAA playoffs.

Comment

• I think the more concerning part of the Saturday game was that the Huskies, a team who only seems to focus on defense, gave up two goals in the final five minutes to a team with ONE win on the season. If the Huskies are going to just play defense and not be able to score, then we better be shutting out teams like the Tommies, not blowing two goal leads late in the third. Watch the highlights video package and pause the video at around 3:08 - 3:09. Five guys watching the puck, no backside coverage and a passing lane through the slot wide enough for TWO Zambonis... The goalie had no chance.

The tying goal is almost the exact same situation, five Tech players on one side of the ice, except that the pass to the back door was slower so Pietila got across in time, but the StT player waited for him to slide across and then tucked it in far post.

https://youtu.be/i1OHzdInQxI
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              How has Karow been?
                              Fantastic. He's so solid. He logs a lot of minutes and in critical situations he's out there. He's getting better at the offensive part of the game as well.He sets a great example for all the young guys.

Comment

• Great to hear, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X