No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see Broetzman back in the lineup. Reviewing the highlights package, pretty easy to see we weren't ready to go in the first period - all the Ferris goals were either defensive breakdowns or lost faceoffs. Fortunately they found enough offense that the defense didn't cost them that game. We struggled to win faceoffs at times, and it looks like the fourth line was a liability, so I suspect a couple of those guys will sit tonight. Would be nice to at least establish a consistent center on that line, whether it's Bronte, Ganie, or someone else. Has Quercia not been cutting it in practice, or has he been injured since NMU?

Comment

• They couldn’t win a face off all night. I started counting face off wins at the start of the second period. I counted 2.

Comment

• I hope we take the ice continuing from the 3rd period. Forget about the 1st 30 minutes of Friday.
        Go Huskies!

Comment

• Better passing to space tonight. More movement across the front of the net. Good discipline towards the end. Good finish.
          Go Huskies!

Comment

• Went to the Michigan-Niagara game with my dad tonight, hoping to scout the vaunted Wolverines offense before next months' game. Kind of a bust, Michigan won but were lazy and mostly took the night off until the 3rd period. Lots of guys looking for the pretty passing plays and not putting traffic in front of the net. They also got outhustled a lot by Niagara in the first half of the game.

Watching tonight's highlights package of our game, I am happy to see our Huskies doing a lot of the opposite tonight, even against a weaker opponent. Driving the net to cleanup rebounds, keeping up a good energy level and not coasting even late in the game, etc.

Comment

• Interesting stat; Mich Tech is the lowest penalized CCHA team, by a wide margin. 102 PIM over 13 games. League average is 177 PIM over 15 games. FSU and LSSU are double MTU’s minutes.

I noticed I was not complaining about the refs, at all, this year. I know that is an area the CCHA v2 wanted to fix. But…Perhaps it is just more discipline on Tech’s part to stay out of the box.
              Go Huskies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                Interesting stat; Mich Tech is the lowest penalized CCHA team, by a wide margin. 102 PIM over 13 games. League average is 177 PIM over 15 games. FSU and LSSU are double MTU’s minutes.

I noticed I was not complaining about the refs, at all, this year. I know that is an area the CCHA v2 wanted to fix. But…Perhaps it is just more discipline on Tech’s part to stay out of the box.
                I think it is a bit of both. As Joe said on the Joe Show, the league is doing a great job at explaining what and how they are telling the refs to call things. That information appears to be shared with our players. They are taking that to heart and putting it into practice.

There is a lot to like about our team and this is another example. Let's hope they can stay out of the box this weekend and win battles along the boards.

Comment

• We are about 36 hours from knowing if this year's team is for real. If the Huskies want to be taken seriously on the national stage, they need to put at least six goals on the board this weekend and show McKay is beatable. Tech needs to return home with two wins to keep the Cup race close. Mankato's second half conference schedule is too soft to expect them to lose 2-3 games more conference games down the stretch.
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    We are about 36 hours from knowing if this year's team is for real. If the Huskies want to be taken seriously on the national stage, they need to put at least six goals on the board this weekend and show McKay is beatable. Tech needs to return home with two wins to keep the Cup race close. Mankato's second half conference schedule is too soft to expect them to lose 2-3 games more conference games down the stretch.
                    . I hope we play with the throttle wide open, nothing to lose. I don’t see a cautious, defensive game ending well.

Go Huskies!

Comment

. I hope we play with the throttle wide open, nothing to lose. I don’t see a cautious, defensive game ending well.
                      You certainly don’t want to get into a track meet with that team! They can light you up in a hurry!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I think I understand your thought process, but how exactly would that style be beneficial to Tech? We have had trouble scoring goals, not generating offense. MnSU CCHA losses have been 1-0 and 2-1. Looks like the recipe to beat them is to limit mistakes, win battles, play tight D, and get a puck or two in the net. This is the style of play Joe wants Tech to be able to play.

Comment

• Hey FloHockey, thanks for the 4 minute commerce break during the first period - followed by a 15 second burst of action before you took another break.

This is great - a pay-to-watch service that still includes ads as well. Garbage.

Comment

• This team cannot buy a farking OT win.

Comment

• Mankato ran picks all night and got away with it. It's no surprise they did it in the OT for the winner.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Hey FloHockey, thanks for the 4 minute commerce break during the first period - followed by a 15 second burst of action before you took another break.

This is great - a pay-to-watch service that still includes ads as well. Garbage.
                                I blame Mankato for that!
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X