No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to coach baseball and our team was getting the short end from the umps a lot. So I went to the head of the league about it. his comment... you have to win in spite of the refs.
    Kudo's to the pk players. What a great job.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I really hate the bad turnovers. it has cost us in the past, and cost us today. I also didn't think we had very many real good opportunities and few rebound shots, scrums in front. We just have to play better I guess.
      Last edited by manurespreader; 10-30-2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Michigan Tech played a great series, looked like the better team. Good defensively, forechecking, and their neutral zone trap stifled Clarkson’s ability to break out of their own zone a lot of the time(has been an issue for Clarkson all season).. Good luck the rest of the way and your team was fun to watch in Potsdam.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm not a fan of the trap as I'd rather watch a more up and down game, but it is effective.

Comment

I'd like to see Sinclair given a shot. I think the goaltending the last two games has been pretty average.

I also would not have played the OT the way the coach did. You know lake st is going to go with the top hands guys and those guys are great scorers. I would have played Caderoth, and a defensive group against them and then gone with my top guys against their number 2 group.. there is a huge step down to them and our top scorers are not that great defensively.

Last edited by manurespreader; 11-05-2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Based on the post game interview it's time for a new coach. He basically said its all on me but my whole team sucks. Name one player that has left better than they came in since he took the helm. I can't think of one.

He keeps saying he can't get any players to play the way he wants. He's been saying that since he took over. If you can't get one player to buy in I would say the message is wrong.

Comment

I completely disagree. Let's not let the emotions of the moment cloud our overall view of the team. They are getting better every year. I give the coach credit for that. I also disagree when you say he said, because that's not what I heard. Now are there details that I'd like to see different, of course. There would be with jerry York too.
                Can we do better, sure, should we do better, sure. Now let's see what we can do to help.

Comment

I had great hope for this team. And yes, the season is just beginning. But continuing to put a lot of easy shots on a goalie is starting look like last year.

We jumped to a 14-0 shot advantage in the 1st period, and Lake State still had the better of the grade A chances at the end of 1…. I thought we were outplayed the rest of the game, kind of hoping the game would come to us.
                  Go Huskies!

Comment

I have to say, the first goal last night was a great example of fighting for the puck. (Or maybe just fighting…) I’d like to see 3 full periods of that kind of hockey.

Also love watching Halonen.
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

I think we have a very good team. If we are fractions of an inch closer to the center of the net on one shot in each game, we are easily 7-0. I just don't think we have enough clutch players or players that can perform in close time and space. I loved seeing the two goals where we fought to get the puck in the net. Unfortunately, that is how we are going to have to score most of the time. Most of our shots seem to be individual effort where we hope to beat the goalie. I also don't see a lot of screens in front of the goalie, ala Tomas Holmstrom. We keep hearing of these big bodies, but they don't sit in front of the goalie blocking their view, tipping shots, drawing attention, or fighting for rebounds.

My frustration the coaching is on the recruiting end of things. With the transfer portal, we could get a few guys that can score. What did we get, 2 great defenders and a young guy who needs some seasoning. Nothing against those players as they are playing more then they are not, but maybe we get a few guys who are natural scorers? We all know most of our games are the first one to 3 wins. It is losing philosophy to lean on the D and goalie to keep teams under 2 goals to give us a chance to win. I'm not saying we blow everything up, but we need some scorers in the line-up. Who cares if their D is suspect. If they end up with more goals for us than goals for them on their shifts, it is a win.

I think Sinclair is hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                        but maybe we get a few guys who are natural scorers? We all know most of our games are the first one to 3 wins. It is losing philosophy to lean on the D and goalie to keep teams under 2 goals to give us a chance to win. I'm not saying we blow everything up, but we need some scorers in the line-up. Who cares if their D is suspect. If they end up with more goals for us than goals for them on their shifts, it is a win.
                        For me, this is the best synopsis of the situation. As mentioned, not only do you need to keep the other team from scoring but you have to outscore them. Gotta do both; cannot rely on one and ignore the other. Besides, the best defense is when the puck is in offensive zone.

Comment

I noticed on friday night that on the two lssu goals, we had, just before they scored, a defenseman rush the puck in deep. So a winger has to take his job until he can get back. now lssu got a quick turnaround and though they didn't score initially, they did capitalize on the momentary confusion when the two switch roles back. So they got a good shot on which they scored. Both of them occurred right after one of our D men rushed the puck.

Comment

home game... where is Dirk?
                            Go Huskies!

Comment

Watching the Friday night NMU game. Tech is controlling the flow of the game. Very good puck control. Shots are 2 to 1 in favor of Tech. PP set-up looks good (except we don’t get a good look). Defense is pretty solid.

But, we are getting schooled. Quality scoring chances favor NMU. Every.Single.Shot Tech takes is outside the face off circles. Easy saves. OT- not a single scoring opportunity…

This is not a talent issue. I believe Joe is coaching puck control. We need pucks in the net.
                              Go Huskies!

Comment

You know after you lose all these OT games 3x3 you would think we would practice this? I mean this type of terrible mistake over and over.... it gets really old watching . I mean how many times do I have to watch this ***. 5 games at home and 4 losses?
                                Last edited by manurespreader; 11-12-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X