• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's definitely an asset!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Looking at the UW thread, the misfits got under the skin of some.
      Anyone who doesn't simply come into the building and sit on their hands in silence annoys Badger fans. Typical Big school mentality. They buy a ticket and think that is "support" of their team. Out scoring them 10-3 will silence most of Bucky's fans as well. One section of Tech fans provides more support than the rest of the home fans combined in most (but not all) opposing buildings.

I was at the BU vs U-Conn game Saturday night. Lots of BU students riding a wave of what seemed to be alcohol induced courage and berating the U-Conn Huskies about how small they were, no talent, can't compete with the Terriers, etc. After U-Conn went up 3-1, they were never heard from again. U-Conn scored two more on their way to a 5-1 win and the BU rink emptied out very early in the 3rd. That's how it goes in most rinks. The home town fans go silent pretty quick in most barns when they are on the receiving end of a beat-down.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Posted by a bitter “fan” in the Wisconsin thread today, this post makes me feel so happy:
        “All I know is the tech fans need to sit down, shut the hole under their nose. Really how many times can you say lets go Huskies in one game. Stay in the U.P. where you belong.”
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I am very impressed with your team. I attended in person Saturday and from my up high perspective your breakout was machine like and the effort the lads put out was non-stop. Best wishes on the rest of your season old WCHA foe.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I am very impressed with your team. I attended in person Saturday and from my up high perspective your breakout was machine like and the effort the lads put out was non-stop. Best wishes on the rest of your season old WCHA foe.
            Thankyou for saying that. In some way we suffer from small mans disease, but we do appreciate it.

I am wondering though, Misiak is going to have to earn his way back into the line-up? did I hear that right?!

You can tell recruits until the cows come home what it's like to play in Houghton, but until you go to Munn or at Yost and hear half the rink is tech fans, you don't really get it.

Comment

Joe Shawhan was a terrific guest on our USCHO Spotlight podcast today: https://www.uscho.com/2021/10/13/mic...n-4-episode-3/

Comment

Michigan Technological University
                Let's Play Hockey! 100 Years of Husky Heritage
                From the first jersey to the first century, our Michigan Tech Hockey story is one for the history books.

https://www.mtu.edu/magazine/2021/st...-years-hockey/

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                  Joe Shawhan was a terrific guest on our USCHO Spotlight podcast today: https://www.uscho.com/2021/10/13/mic...n-4-episode-3/
                  Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Huge wins.! I was a doubter i'm afraid. Looking at the UW thread, the misfits got under the skin of some. it's why I avoid madison. I was treated poorly there once and I won't go back. Onward!
                    I was treated poorly at the Kohl Center too. I lived in the Sheboygan area and would always go every year when Tech came down to play. Fans were horrible there and I had enough and vowed to never to step foot in there again. Glad we got the sweep and beat them good.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post

I was treated poorly at the Kohl Center too. I lived in the Sheboygan area and would always go every year when Tech came down to play. Fans were horrible there and I had enough and vowed to never to step foot in there again. Glad we got the sweep and beat them good.
                      I have had the same thing happen when BSU visited St. Cloud once. Told myself never again. Now it sucks because SCSU is closer for me than Bemidji is and a games at SCSU have been on the schedule..... In all my travels to watch Bemidji play, St. Cloud is the worst experience I ever had. Houghton was one of the best.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post

I had a little fun with that. Where the circular signs were being made, a student had one that said "Tech was my safety school choice". He seemed nice enough. I walked up and told him that "Wisconsin and other big-10 engineers are some of my very best employees", while wearing my gold jersey.

Comment

Since it is an off weekend from real games, I'll make my annual request and shake the trees for any Huskies game worns that might be out there looking for new homes. I'll either buy or trade, whatever works best for you.

Tops on my want list would be a 1993-94 white/home jersey or the 2017 Military/Camo style. Here is a new one that would be available for trade. Likely the last Tech jerseys we're going to see with a WCHA logo on it. (Most have been covered over with CCHA patches.) What do you have? Drop me a line at info@johnsonsjerseys.net - thanks!

Comment

Just a word on what it was like when Tech played at the DEE full time. To other teams, our rink was known as the snake pit. and it was. Loud, isn't the right word for it.Deafening is better. The rink shook to cheers of "Let's go Tech!" repeatedly shouted at the top of 2300 lungs, and tea strainers regularly made their way on the ice after a goal. it seated about 1600 but 2300 attended each game and before I got there it was higher. the rink was unheated except for the dressing rooms, so the ice was very hard and tended to make a lot of snow. The rink is also smaller than standard in length so Tech ran a very high pressure forecheck game and got a lot of turnover goals. You could not buy a season ticket as a student. You had to buy half a season, friday night or saturday. I bought friday and I got standing room on saturday.
                            Other teams HATED coming to Tech. and usually, they lost. I believe I saw the first Tech Vs Notre Dame game but I can't remember what year it was. And there were some epic games vs Denver and Minnesota.

Comment

Just fyi, Cornell, in the first game of the year, defeated the National development program 4-2 last night.

Comment

Game day - Let's go Huskies. Beat the other team that yells "Go Tech!"

Comment

Working...
                                X