X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

2021-22 Hockey Roster

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...2021-22/roster

Sweden, Austrialia, Canada (Ontario, Alberta, NS, BC), and 7 different states. Several have played east coast hockey. Two from below the Mason Dixon. And still ten from Michigan.
    Go Huskies!

Comment

The jersey guy finds it very interesting that Tyrone Bronte is listed as slated to wear #55. If that is correct, he would only be the third player to wear a number higher than 35 in 101 seasons of Michigan Tech Hockey.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        The jersey guy finds it very interesting that Tyrone Bronte is listed as slated to wear #55. If that is correct, he would only be the third player to wear a number higher than 35 in 101 seasons of Michigan Tech Hockey.
        That would also be the highest number ever for a Huskies player.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          That would also be the highest number ever for a Huskies player.
          Yep, Nolan and Redmond both wore #37.
          I would be disappointed to see Tech lose the tradition of only numbers 1-35 on the ice, but maybe one century of that tradition is enough?

Comment

To this point in history the highest number worn by a skater (non-goalie) is 34, worn by Riley Sweeney for part of his career. The only other Huskies player to wear #34 was goalie Jason Moilanen.

Comment

I don't think I've posted this before, was holding onto it for what should have been the 100th season. After a lot of research, this is my list of the best Huskies players to wear each number in history. You'll see the career accomplishments of each, along with the others considered for the honor. There were some very tough calls, especially #8, #15, #30, and #31.

The most recent to crack the list is Matt Roy, the furthest back is Hank Akervall.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...f=true&sd=true

Comment

Good work JJ!. I think you ought to be paid for all this. After all, they hire 5 people for less work than you do already.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I don't think I've posted this before, was holding onto it for what should have been the 100th season. After a lot of research, this is my list of the best Huskies players to wear each number in history. You'll see the career accomplishments of each, along with the others considered for the honor. There were some very tough calls, especially #8, #15, #30, and #31.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...f=true&sd=true
                  This is a great list. It brings back some great memories. Thank you. I don’t have the stats, so I have to trust you, but Lou Angotti missing... (And I recognize the inherent difficulty of comparing the greatest players, of different generations)
                  Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post

This is a great list. It brings back some great memories. Thank you. I don’t have the stats, so I have to trust you, but Lou Angotti missing... (And I recognize the inherent difficulty of comparing the greatest players, of different generations)
                    Lou Angotti was probably the toughest call at #15. In the end I probably was influenced too much by seeing Rick Boehm play, but a 200 point scorer would have been equally hard to leave off the list. Maybe that would have been better served as a tie.

The other tie would then be #31, where Bruce Horsch (the all-time leader in wins) had the bad luck of sharing the jersey number with Jamie Ram.
                    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 09-03-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

The other tie would then be...
                      Didn’t coach MacInnes consider Garry Bauman the better goalie? Each had a championship....
                      Go Huskies!

Comment

I don't think I've posted this before... my list of the best Huskies players to wear each number in history.
                        Awesome work! Certainly some tough decisions on there so I like the "Others Considered" aspect of the list. All that great history with so many talented players... and all Tyrone Bronte has to do is play a game to make the list.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Good work JJ!. I think you ought to be paid for all this. After all, they hire 5 people for less work than you do already.
                          It's a labor of love. But, if the staff is reading this... I'm willing to work for Huskies game worn jerseys.

I do wish that Tech still put out a yearbook for the hockey team. They post fragments online similar to what used to be sections of the yearbook, but since the print era ended, there really hasn't been a single public facing document for all the historical team data (like an all-time numerical roster). It seems that they only keep about 15-20 years worth of info archived on the website depending on the type of content. A lot of other teams still do a digital yearbook each season. The 100th season would have been a great year to at least do it one-time. Likely could have some some hard copies on campus as well.

Comment

Lou Angotti played in 2 NCAA Championship games ('60 & '62) and was MVP in both and played 10(?) seasons in the NHL. Did Rick Boehm play in the NHL?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDee View Post
                              Lou Angotti played in 2 NCAA Championship games ('60 & '62) and was MVP in both and played 10(?) seasons in the NHL. Did Rick Boehm play in the NHL?
                              Boehm didn’t make it to the NHL.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X