X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manurespreader
    replied
    Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

Yes, but I'm not blaming officiating for this one. If they're letting that stuff go then adapt. I also thought there were some interference calls that could've gone against us in the middle stages. We lost because we can't score and we can't skate 3-on-3. At all.
    in the great scheme of things OT doesn't count for much. and yes we can skate, that's not the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Redridge
    replied
    Joe mentioned it post game... We have good players, but we are not playing well (enough) as a team. yet. Lots of good individual effort, but MSU really impresses the way the play together as a team.

But overall, we had the shot to win with 10 sec left. Maybe we didn’t deserve to be there at the end of the game, but if they let you hang around you gotta bury that one.

oh yeah. faceoffs. faceoffs. faceoffs.

Leave a comment:

• HuskyDut
    replied
    Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Mankato ran picks all night and got away with it. It's no surprise they did it in the OT for the winner.
    Yes, but I'm not blaming officiating for this one. If they're letting that stuff go then adapt. I also thought there were some interference calls that could've gone against us in the middle stages. We lost because we can't score and we can't skate 3-on-3. At all.
    Last edited by HuskyDut; 12-03-2021, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HuskyDut
    replied
    Have we even gotten a shot on goal in OT this year? Had a chance to possess the puck right off the draw and meekly swatted it to Mankato. You cannot win games when you're terrified of contact. It's like boys against men when we are 3-on-3. It really highlights our refusal (or inability) to recruit competent skilled skaters.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    We had our chance at the end there but missed on the breakaway. The face-off stats could have been better also. Blake was fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Hey FloHockey, thanks for the 4 minute commerce break during the first period - followed by a 15 second burst of action before you took another break.

This is great - a pay-to-watch service that still includes ads as well. Garbage.
    I blame Mankato for that!

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Mankato ran picks all night and got away with it. It's no surprise they did it in the OT for the winner.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    This team cannot buy a farking OT win.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Hey FloHockey, thanks for the 4 minute commerce break during the first period - followed by a 15 second burst of action before you took another break.

This is great - a pay-to-watch service that still includes ads as well. Garbage.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Originally posted by Redridge View Post
    . I hope we play with the throttle wide open, nothing to lose. I don’t see a cautious, defensive game ending well.
    I think I understand your thought process, but how exactly would that style be beneficial to Tech? We have had trouble scoring goals, not generating offense. MnSU CCHA losses have been 1-0 and 2-1. Looks like the recipe to beat them is to limit mistakes, win battles, play tight D, and get a puck or two in the net. This is the style of play Joe wants Tech to be able to play.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    . I hope we play with the throttle wide open, nothing to lose. I don’t see a cautious, defensive game ending well.
    You certainly don’t want to get into a track meet with that team! They can light you up in a hurry!

Leave a comment:

• Redridge
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    We are about 36 hours from knowing if this year's team is for real. If the Huskies want to be taken seriously on the national stage, they need to put at least six goals on the board this weekend and show McKay is beatable. Tech needs to return home with two wins to keep the Cup race close. Mankato's second half conference schedule is too soft to expect them to lose 2-3 games more conference games down the stretch.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied
    We are about 36 hours from knowing if this year's team is for real. If the Huskies want to be taken seriously on the national stage, they need to put at least six goals on the board this weekend and show McKay is beatable. Tech needs to return home with two wins to keep the Cup race close. Mankato's second half conference schedule is too soft to expect them to lose 2-3 games more conference games down the stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Lost_Husky
    replied
    Interesting stat; Mich Tech is the lowest penalized CCHA team, by a wide margin. 102 PIM over 13 games. League average is 177 PIM over 15 games. FSU and LSSU are double MTU’s minutes.

I noticed I was not complaining about the refs, at all, this year. I know that is an area the CCHA v2 wanted to fix. But…Perhaps it is just more discipline on Tech’s part to stay out of the box.
    I think it is a bit of both. As Joe said on the Joe Show, the league is doing a great job at explaining what and how they are telling the refs to call things. That information appears to be shared with our players. They are taking that to heart and putting it into practice.

There is a lot to like about our team and this is another example. Let's hope they can stay out of the box this weekend and win battles along the boards.

Leave a comment:

• Redridge
    replied
    Interesting stat; Mich Tech is the lowest penalized CCHA team, by a wide margin. 102 PIM over 13 games. League average is 177 PIM over 15 games. FSU and LSSU are double MTU’s minutes.

I noticed I was not complaining about the refs, at all, this year. I know that is an area the CCHA v2 wanted to fix. But…Perhaps it is just more discipline on Tech’s part to stay out of the box.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X