<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Several reasons, but nothing to do with nmu. 1. the average person has no idea just how easily transmissible the omicron variant is. It is really, really easy to catch. 2. Even if you are boosted, it's still easy to catch, it's just milder. 3. Societies attitude toward the virus is cavalier. Go to Home depot or any other business, no one wears a mask, no one thinks they could get it, except they can. So with that lax attitude, which is in contrast to the whole rest of the world frankly, it means there is a lot of virus out there lurking around. Ie the test positivity rate is high.
    Thus it is not surprising that even though teams take a lot of care to protect themselves, they still get it. What is surprising is that more teams don't have outbreaks.
    Terrific response. I agree with you.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Huskies are up to #9 in the PairWise this morning.

And their RPI at .5651 is only .0006 behind Duluth.

With all the missed opportunities to get some insurance in the first half of the season, I'm kinda pessimistic on our chances. One bad weekend between now and the end of February, and we'll sink back to the bubble.

Comment

• https://nmuwildcats.com/news/2022/1/...mtu-games.aspx
        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
        ECAC:
        HEA: UMass
        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Ferris played very good hockey this last weekend. Those games are now trap games for sure.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Ferris played very good hockey this last weekend. Those games are now trap games for sure.
            I agree. Sweeping BSU is no easy task. Plus we play Ferris at Ferris. They are always a lot tougher there.

I'm hoping Tech can take care of business and keep getting points.

Comment

• Just what we all suspected, and it's now confirmed through a FOIA request.

https://techhockeyguide.com/2022/01/...3WHFb0Qbx0R51o

Out of your hands, eh Marv?

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Just what we all suspected, and it's now confirmed through a FOIA request.

https://techhockeyguide.com/2022/01/...3WHFb0Qbx0R51o

Out of your hands, eh Marv?
                Pathetic, especially from a Tech alumni. You couldn't trust Merv even if his tongue was notarized.

If this isn't reason to kick the skunk weasels on ice out of the GLI...

"Anybody can get on social media and say anything," Pearson said on his pregame radio show. "People need to understand the facts."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ts/9057199002/
                Last edited by Lost_Husky; 01-27-2022, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Anything to try and ensure that 1 seed at the Allentown regional, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                    If this isn't reason to kick the skunk weasels on ice out of the GLI...
                    It shouldn't be too hard, they clearly don't want to be there. At the very least I would tell Michigan we're going in a new direction without them the next 3-4 years. If they want to get back in down the road, give us a call, and we'll talk about it, but no promises.
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Great weekend for the Huskies! Let's keep it going Tuesday. A lot of games coming up without too many off days.

Comment

• Couldn't ask for a better hockey weekend. Team played great against a very solid team. We need to rest and recover to be ready for this upcoming stretch. The team seems to be peaking at the right time.

Comment

• Was curious how things are lining up for the NCAA tournament, so I checked Jim Dahl's site. Just found out he's shut it down. Any other sites worth checking?

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Was curious how things are lining up for the NCAA tournament, so I checked Jim Dahl's site. Just found out he's shut it down. Any other sites worth checking?

http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahockey/ncaahockey.html

Comment

• Haven't seen our recruit stats for awhile. Anyone know if Van Compernolle is injured or where he's playing? Does it impact when he comes to Tech?
                              And we still don't know the goalie recruit?
                              Player GP G A Points Current Team
                              Kyle Kukkonen-F 34 13 19 32 Madison (USHL)
                              Trevor Kukkonen-F 37 18 19 21 MN Magicians (NAHL)
                              Kyle Van Compernolle-F 0 0 0 0 Odessa (NAHL)
                              Charles-Edward Tardif-F 27 6 10 16 Nanaimo (BCHL)
                              Evan Orr-D 37 4 12 16 Generals (NAHL)
                              Frank Dovorany-D 29 2 6 8 Odessa (NAHL)
                              Oliver Bezick-D 28 1 3 4 Amarillo (NAHL)
                              Chase Pietila - D 29 1 6 7 Youngstown (USHL)
                              Reid Daavettila-F 56 19 25 44 Compuware
                              Ryder Matter-F 50 13 18 31 Fort McMurray (AJHL)
                              Kash Rasmussen-F 40 19 33 52 Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL)
                              Tyler Miller-D 33 2 4 6 Sherwood Park (AJHL)
                              Quinn Disher - F 32 9 17 26 Trail (BCHL)
                              Ethan DeKay-F 26 15 17 32 Prairie Hockey U18

Comment

• Great win last night! Love beating the Mildcats. On to St Thomas for games we can't afford to lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X