No announcement yet.

<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You forgot the part about running multiple pick plays to get someone free.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Agree on Halonen. Who would you put with him? We can't rely on him to do everything for us.
      Shift 1: Swoyer Bliss Halonen
      Shift 2: Gotz L. Pietila Parrottino
      Shift 3: Thorne Ashbrook Crespi (if one not in lineup Bronte or Ganie)
      Repeat until victory

Comment

• Cornell(11-3) moved in front of us in the pairwise on the strength of sweeping UND in grand forks. We could use them to lose a couple of games. They have a very easy schedule going forward but in two weeks they have 1 game vs QPac. otherwise Yale and Brown. They are almost a lock, which would get the ECAC two teams in, and depending on Harvard, 3. I don't see Clarkson making it.
        Northeastern,(14-4) who is ahead of us, has ASU midweek this week, then at Vermont for two, and then at UMass for two. HE at least 2 teams in, NU and UMass, but that could change. A lot will depend on the beanpot. Lowell(11-3) has the best chance. and PC knocking at the door. We could really use for NU to lose a few.
        OSU,(15-6) also ahead of us, has Wisconsin today, after beating them last night, and at Notre Dame next week. Notre Dame(15-6) is marginally behind us. Big has, Michigan, Minnesota, OSU, in right now.
        Tech has to win some games.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

Shift 1: Swoyer Bliss Halonen
          Shift 2: Gotz L. Pietila Parrottino
          Shift 3: Thorne Ashbrook Crespi (if one not in lineup Bronte or Ganie)
          Repeat until victory
          Anyone followed our opponents close enough to know, are we getting beat 3 on 3 by 2 forwards and a D, or three forwards? I think I would rather see three forwards on the ice.
          Go Huskies!

Comment

• Finally listened to the Joe S. show. Is enough discussion being given to this 3x3 not counting as a tie in the PWR? Seems like quite a shift that we're deciding W/L with gimmicky 3x3. The way Joe says it, it seems like quite the shift.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              Finally listened to the Joe S. show. Is enough discussion being given to this 3x3 not counting as a tie in the PWR? Seems like quite a shift that we're deciding W/L with gimmicky 3x3. The way Joe says it, it seems like quite the shift.
              I don't mean to sound pedantic, but this isn't news, is it? I've known for a couple months that 3-on-3 wins count as 55% of a win and 45% of a loss. I discovered this after reading an article that came out LAST season.

I bring this up only because it sounds like some folks knew about this, but our coaching staff did not. Which is quite concerning.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post

I don't mean to sound pedantic, but this isn't news, is it? I've known for a couple months that 3-on-3 wins count as 55% of a win and 45% of a loss. I discovered this after reading an article that came out LAST season.

I bring this up only because it sounds like some folks knew about this, but our coaching staff did not. Which is quite concerning.
                Unless something changed that I don't know about? I'm just trying to figure out (a) what the rule is for OT losses, (b) has it changed recently, and (c) did our coaching staff simply not know the rules?

For the record, I have not listened to the Joe S Show. I should probably do that...
                Last edited by HuskyDut; 01-10-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Ok, I did what I should've done originally, and that's listen to Joe's show. Sounds like it's still 55/45 for the calculation of RPI, but what changed is that in the head-to-head comparisons, 3-on-3 losses are considered losses just as a regulation loss would. Is that correct? If so, I think many people, including Joe, have every right to voice their displeasure.

I will say this: I've been on the fence for a while regarding Joe as the coach of our beloved Huskies. But the more I listen to him, I appreciate his honesty. Sometimes he says things maybe he should keep to himself, but he speaks his mind and clearly wants the best for this team.
                  Last edited by HuskyDut; 01-11-2022, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Two good games. Congrats. Blake is looking like a real Hobey candidate.

First game, We really played a great the first period. Maybe faded a bit in the 2nd.

Saturday night, LSSU came out tough, but we still played great. Rewarded after a bit more play. But Tech did not fade. In fact, the game opened up, a lot, after the first goal. Never felt like we took the foot off the accelerator, and even with the 2 goal lead we kept pressure.

Great position to move up in the CCHA, and we got some help this weekend too.
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

• The D corp had a great series and Ashbrook also very noticeable this weekend.

Big 4 games ahead with NMU and BSU. I think Ganie and Crespi help overall team speed/skill as well when Bronte is ok to go again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                        Blake is looking like a real Hobey candidate.
                        Lol, wut?
                        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                        B1G: UMinn, UWisc
                        ECAC:
                        HEA: UMass, Notre Dame
                        NCHC: UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                        WCHA: UAH, BSU, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU

Inactive: BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

Lol, wut?
                          . Sorry- Blake Pietila looks like he should be the Hobey winner. He is looking a lot better than some of the more heavily ”promoted” goalies.

Go Huskies!

Comment

. Sorry- Blake Pietila looks like he should be the Hobey winner. He is looking a lot better than some of the more heavily ”promoted” goalies.
                            Lololololol

AHA:
                            ECAC:

Comment

If any goalie gets Hobey consideration, it'll be Devin Levi. Pietila's stats aren't anywhere near Levi's. Not even close. Go look. In addition, goalies, to win the Hobey have to put up a Ryan Miller type season. Blake, with his 8th best nationally GAA & not even top-10 sv%, ain't that. Top 10 Richter? Maybe. Hobey winner? Stop embarrassing yourself.

AHA:
                              ECAC:

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post

If any goalie gets Hobey consideration, it'll be Devin Levi. Pietila's stats aren't anywhere near Levi's. Not even close. Go look. In addition, goalies, to win the Hobey have to put up a Ryan Miller type season. Blake, with his 8th best nationally GAA & not even top-10 sv%, ain't that. Top 10 Richter? Maybe. Hobey winner? Stop embarrassing yourself.
                                Im sure Devin is a great goalie. Stats look good. Bolstered a bit by a weak HE this year and recent games against LIU. He just got blown up for 6 against ASU…LOL. Timing is everything.

Go Huskies!

Comment

Working...
                                X