<> Michigan Tech Huskies 2021-22: STILL Our 100th Anniversary <>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I think the more concerning part of the Saturday game was that the Huskies, a team who only seems to focus on defense, gave up two goals in the final five minutes to a team with ONE win on the season. If the Huskies are going to just play defense and not be able to score, then we better be shutting out teams like the Tommies, not blowing two goal leads late in the third. Watch the highlights video package and pause the video at around 3:08 - 3:09. Five guys watching the puck, no backside coverage and a passing lane through the slot wide enough for TWO Zambonis... The goalie had no chance.

The tying goal is almost the exact same situation, five Tech players on one side of the ice, except that the pass to the back door was slower so Pietila got across in time, but the StT player waited for him to slide across and then tucked it in far post.

https://youtu.be/i1OHzdInQxI
    Completely agree. Flat footed, dreaming about the bar after the game, instead of finishing out the game and focusing on their assignments for the last few minutes. Anything but a 6 point sweep to this St Thomas team is a major disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      I think the more concerning part of the Saturday game was that the Huskies, a team who only seems to focus on defense, gave up two goals in the final five minutes to a team with ONE win on the season. If the Huskies are going to just play defense and not be able to score, then we better be shutting out teams like the Tommies, not blowing two goal leads late in the third. Watch the highlights video package and pause the video at around 3:08 - 3:09. Five guys watching the puck, no backside coverage and a passing lane through the slot wide enough for TWO Zambonis... The goalie had no chance.

The tying goal is almost the exact same situation, five Tech players on one side of the ice, except that the pass to the back door was slower so Pietila got across in time, but the StT player waited for him to slide across and then tucked it in far post.

https://youtu.be/i1OHzdInQxI
      Yes. I did not mean to provide shade for the worst 3 1/2 minutes of hockey this year. We had left the backside forward unmarked most of the weekend. Thanks.

Go Huskies!

Comment

• Ready for some "GLI" hockey! Tech needs to put all the noise behind them, forget about Michigan wanting them but not Western, and just play their game. Should be a fun game.

Comment

• Didn't seem like Michigan was slow at all. Surprise, surprise.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• https://www.michigandaily.com/ice-ho...scoreless-tie/

Comment

• Michigan’s depth faced a monumental test with so many missing regulars. Portillo proved he can be their heartbeat in close contests.
              Good grief, they are double and tripling down on this. They had a FULL LINEUP snd its just for one game. The only thing they didn't have was the extra skater.
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Disappointed we couldn't take advantage of their "monumental" disadvantage and actually score a goal.

Comment

• They got Gingell back who is a terrific player and made a big difference. And they played very hard. as hard as we did. That's not the case all the time for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
                    Good grief, they are double and tripling down on this. They had a FULL LINEUP and its just for one game. The only thing they didn't have was the extra skater.
                    I also counted six draft picks still in last night's lineup for them, lol. Mel is a weenie and he keeps proving it more and more with every passing year.

Disappointing that we couldn't come out of Yost with the win, but Blake and the defense played very well.

Comment

• Wow. 20 shots on goal that 2nd period. Still couldn't outscore our opponent.

Comment

• Well....we've seen that movie before. Outshot an opponent, didn't put the puck in net, played just well enough not to lose, and played like garbage in OT. This is our team.

Comment

• On the bright side, I feel the 2nd period was our best of the season, even if it wasn't reflected on the scoreboard.

Comment

• If this happens much more we will be on the outside looking in.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              If this happens much more we will be on the outside looking in.
                              I'm already resigned to it. After opening weekend this team has done nothing but disappoint and underwhelm.

Comment

• Did not see the game. Did we play the OT to win, put a couple forwards out, or just to survive?
                                Go Huskies!

Comment

Working...
                                X