No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcat 2021-2022 Hockey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything new on the Northern Michigan front? Will students be on campus for the January 7-8 Colgate series or will they be on winter/holiday break? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      Anything new on the Northern Michigan front? Will students be on campus for the January 7-8 Colgate series or will they be on winter/holiday break? Thanks.
      On break. School resumes the following Monday, 1/10.
      Last edited by moose97; 12-31-2021, 06:18 AM.
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Stucko’s beer-battered cod did not disappoint. And the game was pretty entertaining. Very fast-paced, especially the first period.

Comment

Meh. Defensively kind of lax.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Sounds like an injury in practice has ended Joe Nardi's season (and his NMU career). Grant Potulny was pretty broken up when he announced it.

Comment

Nice Job Friday night. Big second period. Congrats.
              Go Huskies!

Comment

Can't wait for this weekend. It should be a great series. Hopefully NMU can break the home losing streak vs Tech - or even better, get a sweep!

Wishful thinking, I know :P

Comment

Originally posted by wildcats02 View Post
                  Can't wait for this weekend. It should be a great series. Hopefully NMU can break the home losing streak vs Tech - or even better, get a sweep!

Wishful thinking, I know :P
                  Watching last weekend's series against MSU, I was impressed by NMU's offense. This will be an interesting match up.

Comment

I very much enjoyed the rink announcer in the previous two Saturday games. He definitely did not try to be the show and he gave more information on goals and penalties (times, for example). Who was that? Will he be filling in more often?

Comment

https://ccha.com/news/2022/1/20/mens...to-sunday.aspx

AHA:
                      ECAC:

Comment

More positive cases at NMU. No games this weekend.

Comment

https://nmuwildcats.com/news/2022/1/...mtu-games.aspx

AHA:
                          ECAC:

Comment

I would think NMU has a more than legitimate gripe about the Saturday game against Bemidji. Here's the sequence of events:

19:46 3rd - BSU's Elias Rosen gets called for a 2 minute minor which is clearly a contact to the head situation. But when the officials go to review, the video system isn't working. They announce that review isn't possible so it stays a 2 minute call. The arena now shows the play of the video board to confirm the head contact. Rosen stays in the game. NMU does not score on the PP.

2:57 3rd - Rosen scores the GWG on a power play and then assists on the insurance goal when he should have been in the locker room.

Comment

3rd period Mankato/BG, a highly questionable "interference" call against BG. Shoulder-to-shoulder contact as both players go for the puck (which was within 2 feet of both players). Mankato player falls awkwardly into the boards. Ref probably wanted to call a major but on further review saw it was a clean play then made up the interference call to cover his tracks. Fast forward exactly 40 seconds. Mankato gets flagged for a "slash" that was, at best, a love tap. Well, at least they evened out the first bad call with an equally bad second call.

Neither call had any impact on the outcome. Just another example of bad refereeing this weekend.

Comment

I just looked at head contact by Rosen. Wow! NMU got screwed big time. I give Poltuny credit for not empty the sticks on the bench. The funny thing is after the refs say they forgot to start the period with the replay camera and thus they can only call two minutes, the overhead score board plays the play from the Flohockey feed and clearly shows the head contact. Wow!!

Comment

Working...
                                X