• Show
Clear All

Big win for NMU (and the CCHA) tonight.

Comment

Congrats to NMU. Well played.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Lucas Matta (BCHL) decommits from NMU to commit to Western Michigan.

Comment

Lucas Matta (BCHL) decommits from NMU to commit to Western Michigan.
          https://twitter.com/sasilverbacks/st...480891393?s=21

Comment

I see where college hockey news has said that the reason you won last night is because duluth played the backup. I only saw about ten minutes of the game so from someone who saw it all, is that an accurate characterization?
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              I see where college hockey news has said that the reason you won last night is because duluth played the backup. I only saw about ten minutes of the game so from someone who saw it all, is that an accurate characterization?
              Not in my opinion. I thought Northern played them straight up the entire game. I also noticed there was much more time/space for Northern to work with than what you see in a CCHA league game. No issues on the breakout or through the neutral zone. Northern outshot Duluth and had periods of extended o-zone time. We'll see how tonight goes.
              Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 12-04-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

How's ex-Colgate Trevor Cosgrove performing for you guys, we miss him !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  How's ex-Colgate Trevor Cosgrove performing for you guys, we miss him !
                  Playing solid hockey. He had a goal and two assists last night!
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Not in my opinion. I thought Northern played them straight up the entire game. I also noticed there was much more time/space for Northern to work with than what you see in a CCHA league game. No issues on the breakout or through the neutral zone. Northern outshot Duluth and had periods of extended o-zone time. We'll see how tonight goes.
                    I honestly think only one NMU goal was one the tender wished he had back (ironically, Cosgrove's). Otherwise, both teams had times they controlled play
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Great sweep Cats!

Comment

That was well played, well coached, and impressive on many levels. Keep it rolling Cats. Tough series ahead against the Lakers.
                        Last edited by devildog; 12-05-2021, 07:35 AM.
                        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                          Tough series ahead against the Lakers.
                          If someone could explain LSSU's season to me, that'd be great... Beat a good UNO, beat Tech, split with Mankato; on the other hand, get swept by BG, lose to Ferris, only put up 15 total sog for the weekend vs Mankato. I know they were missing players, but aren't they healthy now?

AHA:
                          ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post

If someone could explain LSSU's season to me, that'd be great... Beat a good UNO, beat Tech, split with Mankato; on the other hand, get swept by BG, lose to Ferris, only put up 15 total sog for the weekend vs Mankato. I know they were missing players, but aren't they healthy now?
                            It’s probably no easier to explain than Ferris beating Mankato and losing to St Thomas. That’s hockey.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...k-Northern.php

AHA:
                              ECAC:

Comment

NMU is not used to getting write-ups like this, so that was great to see. I thought the most significant statement in the article was that Northern needs to avoid being a one hit wonder.
                                After a series like that, it is validated (or not) by the next performance.
                                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Working...
                                X