No announcement yet.

Will there be hockey in the fall? Will we have to wait until after Jan 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will there be hockey in the fall? Will we have to wait until after Jan 1

These guys are on the frontlines and to say that their #s/ data and stats is not representative, okay... well there is as much hyped data (and frankly wrong modeling) on the other side.

Only difference is - there are a lot of well funded & powerful instigators with the Covid

God help us see the forest for the trees. Peace
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      These guys are on the frontlines and to say that their #s/ data and stats is not representative, okay... well there is as much hyped data (and frankly wrong modeling) on the other side.

Only difference is - there are a lot of well funded & powerful instigators with the Covid

God help us see the forest for the trees. Peace
      I don't understand the bold statement above. Will you explain, please?
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        ha! it wasn't in bold in my original post and you know this.

that may have struck a nerve with you or whomever and you can decide to bold or whatever.
        (and i said i wasn't going to get into a debate on this as people allowed to make up their own minds) & here i am getting sucked in.. okay def peace out to all.

and Sweden says hold my beer.

God Bless America
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

ha! it wasn't in bold in my original post and you know this.

that may have struck a nerve with you or whomever and you can decide to bold or whatever.
          (and i said i wasn't going to get into a debate on this as people allowed to make up their own minds) & here i am getting sucked in.. okay def peace out to all.

God Bless America
          I added boldface type to highlight what I was asking about.

I was simply asking what the statement meant. No political bias. I don't understand what you were trying to say.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

These guys are on the frontlines and to say that their #s/ data and stats is not representative, okay...
            So am I...and that does not mean much when it comes to doing epidemiology correctly. I am not sure what you do for a living, but imagine a mistake that you are not allowed to make after day 1. That is the level of mistake they made in interpreting their data. I cannot comprehend making a video like that with that egregious of a mistake on any topic, let alone, one I claimed to be an expert in.

well there is as much hyped data (and frankly wrong modeling) on the other side.
            There are no sides. The sooner you realize that the better. Also I would be willing to bet that "wrong modeling" that you speak of is the models that were used to make predictions if nothing was done. This is like modeling that you will die if you jump out of a plane without a parachute. You then jump out with a parachute and say to yourself "man I am sure going slow, I guess that modeling was way off base."

Sweden is making an interesting decision but their claims of reaching "herd immunity" are not correct. We do not know what it will take to develop herd immunity at this time.

You need to know:
            1. The numbers infected. Testing is not good enough at this point to define that accurately.
            2. The percent of people who develop immunity after being infected. We do not have widespread serology at this time to know this.
            3. The persistence of immunity. Not enough time has even passed (also we need to know 2 first) to know this.

There are other things needed but these are three large gaps in our data that make herd immunity calculations extremely difficult. I hope Sweden does well, but to say they are following good data at this point, would be a mistake.
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
              Sweden is making an interesting decision but their claims of reaching "herd immunity" are not correct. We do not know what it will take to develop herd immunity at this time.

You need to know:
              1. The numbers infected. Testing is not good enough at this point to define that accurately.
              2. The percent of people who develop immunity after being infected. We do not have widespread serology at this time to know this.
              3. The persistence of immunity. Not enough time has even passed (also we need to know 2 first) to know this.

There are other things needed but these are three large gaps in our data that make herd immunity calculations extremely difficult. I hope Sweden does well, but to say they are following good data at this point, would be a mistake.
              I read an article this week that mentioned that what Sweden was doing to create "herd immunity" in and around Stockholm probably wouldn't work for much of the country due to much lower population density. It also appears that Sweden's plan may not be going as well as they had hoped according to this Daily Mail article.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Yeah, about Sweden.

On key data points, each of which has limitations, Sweden is faring worse than Denmark and Norway.
                Sweden has a higher confirmed infection rate than Denmark and Norway. The measure is the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases per million people.
                The differences among Sweden, Norway and Denmark are not significant, Jennifer Kates, director of global health and HIV policy at the Kaiser Family Foundation, told PolitiFact.

But the total number of confirmed cases is increasing faster in Sweden than in Norway and Denmark — even though Sweden is doing less testing per 1,000 people than Norway and Denmark.
                One way to compare COVID-19 deaths is the ratio of confirmed deaths to confirmed cases. Sweden’s is more than twice as high as Denmark’s and more than five times higher than Norway’s.

Another measure is COVID-19 deaths per million people. Again, Sweden’s is higher than Denmark’s and Norway’s.
                Some do believe that Sweden's "spikes" will lead to a faster draw down - this remains to be seen but good luck to them because if it works it could lead to some altered strategies in places with similar population densities and infrastructure.

Comment

It means there are people profiting, or in position to profit, the "worse" this pandemic is. The shutdowns are no longer about science and are becoming more political every day.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                    It means there are people profiting, or in position to profit, the "worse" this pandemic is.
                    Really?

Comment

The video from those two "doctors" is woefully inept junk, and has been widely debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Really?
                        Yeah man, it’s an NWO conspiracy...
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Really?
                          No one is profiting from COVID more than cable news networks and NY Times, Globe, Washington Post, right?

Comment

No one is profiting from COVID more than cable news networks and NY Times, Globe, Washington Post, right?
                            You think a cable network or the NY Times for instance generates more revenues during a pandemic by way of fake news?

Comment

Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, etc. Plus, there are a few medical/pharma companies that are itching to get in on some funds as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                                Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, etc. Plus, there are a few medical/pharma companies that are itching to get in on some funds as well.
                                Disney is losing way more money off the theme parks being shutdown than gaining some extra Disney+ subscriptions.

And pretty soon there are not going to be anymore new movies and TV shows because all the studios are shutdown.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X