Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total incompetence on behalf of the athletic department. After 8 years the top administrator should be able to make a decision one way or the other. Either dismiss the coach, offer a contract extension or conduct a national search. If Gendron is ultimately dismissed by June 30, three months of productively searching for a coach has been wasted.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

The state has had the limit on indoor gatherings to 50 people since like last summer? Along with a variety of requirements for visitors, which i didnt keep up with.The hockey team was never targeted nor im sure was even in the mainecdc radar as its not important in the grand scheme.
      It sounds like home games could have occurred but I dont think anyone has said why they werent. By choice, oversight, not able to meet covid restrictions - dont know.
      Doesnt matter.

If Maine was a Boston school I don’t think it would be as big of deal, but it sucks they had to travel 6+ hours every weekend. It’s even worse when you factor in they were the only team in the league that had to do it. For the AD to come out and say that he’s disappointed in them really rubs me the wrong way and I’m sure it does those associated with the program as well.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Do yourself a favor put Chuck on ignore and you won't get your feelings hurt every time he posts.
        Yup.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Do yourself a favor put Chuck on ignore and you won't get your feelings hurt every time he posts.
          Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Yup.
          Oh, the sad irony ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

If Maine was a Boston school I don’t think it would be as big of deal, but it sucks they had to travel 6+ hours every weekend........
            With the constant testing of players and staff it was fine for the Maine team to play out of state. But it wasn't ok for the team to play at home. I understand the rationale of limiting the numbers to 50 in a public setting where everyone has not been tested.

Comment

• AIC, Army, Canisius, Lake Superior.......WhatDaF is going on in Orono?

Comment

He never "hurts my feelings", but he only shows-up on a Maine thread when he wants to snipe, and that's completely obvious.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-20-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Remember back when selection Sunday was an exciting day for Maine hockey, instead of just one of the many similar days after Maine fans checked out months ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    He never "hurts my feelings", but he only shows-up on a Maine thread when he wants to snipe, and that's completely obvious.
                    ... or maybe I come on here when there's something compelling to discuss????

Do you think I'm so unaware of myself that I'd come on here to rip UMaine for losing a meaningless, make-believe playoff game to UNH when most folks who post on here know I mock the MBPBEGAM (Make Believe Phony Baloney Everyone Gets A Medal) "playoffs" concept to begin with? Because I firmly believe the regular season should mean something, and any teams who can't qualify for a traditional quarterfinal don't belong in anything resembling a real legit "playoff"?

Do you think I'm so unaware of myself that I'd heap scorn on a mediocre-at-best UMaine team and its struggles while I watch/root for a mediocre-at-best UNH team and its own struggles?!?

Do you think I'd mock Red Gendron and UMaine's inability to pull the trigger on his failed hire, when I'm likely watching the same thing play out on tape delay in Durham with Mike Souza (MS7)?!?

When Whitehead was let go, I also jumped on the UMaine thread to actively engage in the discussions of who would be his successor. It's what I've been doing on here recently - of course, not 100% knowing that Red's time is actually up or not.

I can't claim there might not be a few subtle shots once in awhile, here and there. The long-timers know where I stood on Walshy back in the day, and have likely noticed my take on him has changed for the better as time has passed (ditto with BC and Coach York, and in the other direction on BU). I'm not claiming to have been reborn as a UMaine-iac, but even back in the contentious days, I think I managed to keep it fairly civil with most of the folks on here, and have even met a few of you folks in person at Alfond (with my kids in tow) many years ago. I still want UNH to be at its best, and part of that is having UMaine-UNH games being relevant and important again. I'm not sure they ever meant as much to you guys, but it did to us.

The only quip I can even recall making recently that would sound like a "snipe" was the comment I made about how at least when UMaine beat UNH 7-2, it was in the FF semis (2002), not when UNH beat UMaine 7-2 in the 2021 MBPBEGAM "playoffs". I know humor is best when we walk through it step-by-step to explain it and all (j/k) ... but can you at least comprehend that such a comment is much more of a "snipe" at UNH and its old propensity for the big-game "choke" than it could ever begin to be against UMaine?? Without the old emojis, I'll concede some of the old subtleties are hard to convey.

I hate to have to explain myself on this, but understand and appreciate that some hard feelings can last a long time, so it's somewhat understandable. I get it. That I care enough to come on here and spend 10 minutes explaining my good faith, should speak for itself. If not, c'est la vle. If/when something comes up that is deserving of a "snipe", I suspect you'll know.

Please assume I come in peace unless it's blatantly obvious I'm not here in peace.

I suspect most of the rest of you have already figured this out, so my apologies for forcing the long read. I do still have much love for the UMaine-iacs out there.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      Remember back when selection Sunday was an exciting day for Maine hockey, instead of just one of the many similar days after Maine fans checked out months ago?
                      You're right! But I still watch the selection show and am very interested in college hockey no matter who is playing. I'm sure many other Maine fans do as well. I "checked out" on Maine hockey having a chance after Gendron's third or fourth year while the AD was extending his contract.

Comment

• Well Lake State won a conference title last night so that leaves just us as the laughing stocks of college hockey

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          Well Lake State won a conference title last night so that leaves just us as the laughing stocks of college hockey
                          Damon Whitten is finishing his 7th year as head coach. He has had a winning record for the past three consecutive seasons. He has established a culture of winning!

Comment

Remember back when selection Sunday was an exciting day for Maine hockey, instead of just one of the many similar days after Maine fans checked out months ago?
                            I do, my wife I talked about the time she took a puck off the side of her head last night. Hit the knob on jimmies stick, off a post where we were standing and glancing blow to the head. It hurt but she didn't want to leave, it was BU at Alfond. I doubt I could talk her into going now unless eating out beforehand was involved. Those days were a ton of fun. Didn't matter what I was doing, if there was a home game I was there. Kid and I would go to Subway grad a sandwich, get a good parking spot, enjoy some dinner, Listen to pregame with Hannigan and then go in watch some of the best college hockey in the nation. It truly was a blast.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Ben Murphy will be going to the tournament. Really chuffed for him.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• The approach from the athletic department is certainly a disappointment, as it helps nobody and hurts everyone. It hurts the fans, because we have no sense of the direction of the program; it hurts Red, because he's being left high and dry regarding the future and if he'll even be back; and it hurts the department, because this approach is just an embarrassment, shows that they're more than likely incompetent, and dosen't send a good message to any potential candidates, not to mention all the time they're wasting by waiting on a decision. Although, if they have one specific guy they want, and if they can't get him they stick with Red, I suppose that last point is irrelevant. Dosen't make the approach any less stupid.
                                Last edited by amkirby10; 03-21-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X