This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Its not going to be different with the existing staff and budget.
    Agreed, I wish there was a way to go back and see what they were saying when they broke ground on the first Walsh Center, did they expect to be more or less doing it over this soon?

maybe 15 years is an eternity in the facilities/building world, somehow it seems like that place got outdated really fast

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Agreed, I wish there was a way to go back and see what they were saying when they broke ground on the first Walsh Center, did they expect to be more or less doing it over this soon?

maybe 15 years is an eternity in the facilities/building world, somehow it seems like that place got outdated really fast
      My company donated quite a bit of money for the Walsh Center, I've never been in it. I think you will find they built what they could afford at the time.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

I like the crowded feel too but those bench seats. They aren't wide enough unless your 10, the guys knees behind you are in your back, my knees are in the persons armpits in front of me. I cant even get my legs in those lower section seats.
        ...And God help you if anyone in your section ate burritos and drank beer for lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          As far as the coaching staff goes, my hope is that when the next search commences (after this year???), they start to open up the checkbook to pay whoever the man is a salary that reflects the new facility he'll eventually coach in. I am admittedly a little skeptical, but the money they are shelling out on all these new facilities and upgrades at least offers some modicum of hope that they will spend more on the next guy, whenever he comes.
          Has Jim Montgomery served his punishment? Or would Maine never pull the trigger?

Comment

• I believe he is an assistant coach somewhere now. I’m not sure how interested Maine would be. One thing that surprisingly might work against him is his age. It’s hard to believe but he turns 52 this summer. I would guess Maine would want someone a little younger.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Would Maine consider a UNH Wildcat like Mike Ayers?

Comment

• Maine’s AD went to UNH so they definitely would. Don’t see Ayers as a fit on either side. He had one of the worst days of his life against Maine and can’t imagine he would want to be the coach.

Comment

• Someone like a Greg Moore who is now coaching the Chicago Steel.

Comment

• I'd almost rather someone with no ties to the school. Instead of someone trying to re-create the past (which probably can't be done), bring in someone with fresh eyes who has had success elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Someone like a Greg Moore who is now coaching the Chicago Steel.
                      Missed the boat on Greg too. Hes a head coach in AHL.
                      I believe.
                      Agree he would be a great choice.

Comment

• Didn't David Quinn jump from AHL head coach to BU? No idea what an AHL HC makes.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Didn't David Quinn jump from AHL head coach to BU? No idea what an AHL HC makes.
                          Don't know about Quinn. However, Vermont's Todd Woodcroft spent time in the AHL. Time will tell, but I think this was a great hire by Vermont!! He must be getting more money than Sneddon got.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Didn't David Quinn jump from AHL head coach to BU? No idea what an AHL HC makes.
                            My guess is most college coaches make more. I’d be shocked if an AHL coach made much more than $150k.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              I'd almost rather someone with no ties to the school. Instead of someone trying to re-create the past (which probably can't be done), bring in someone with fresh eyes who has had success elsewhere.
                              I completely agree with this. Trying to re-create the Walsh era I think has held the school back.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I completely agree with this. Trying to re-create the Walsh era I think has held the school back.
                                I kind of agree as well. It would be nice to find someone youngish and give them the time and resources to get Maine back where we belong. I do think overall the program is in a lot better shape now than when Red took over.

Tonight is going to be rough without Tralmaks, Svestrup, Kleiboer, and Dunn. Hopefully Maine can keep it competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X