X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawe ties it with a shorthanded goal.

Comment

• Pretty good period, I'd say. Maine got better as it went along, and they doubled up BU on shots. After about the halfway mark the puck was mostly in the BU zone unless the Terriers were on the PP.

Also, I'm curious why the game is at Walter Brown rather than Agganis. I'm assuming it's COVID related, but it's still interesting.

Comment

• I read that Agganis was being used as a Covid testing site.

Comment

• Maine takes so many stupid penalties. Lucky Morrisey didn't get a five minute penalty.
          Last edited by rw1733; 01-22-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
            I read that Agganis was being used as a Covid testing site.
            Yes, the lobby area is used as one of the campus's testing sites. As a result, the university is not allowing anyone outside the university to enter any part of the building. The team can practice there, but can't play games.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

If you're unhappy with playing the trap because it admits "no talent", would you rather this "no talent" team try and play a run-n-gun style and attempt to get into shootouts and lose more games, or play low event hockey and maybe win a few more?
              Snore fest, again. Low event hockey equals sub .500 teams. Another classic example today.
              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
              Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

Snore fest, again. Low event hockey equals sub .500 teams. Another classic example today.
                Maine did well to keep it close. Once it went to 3 on 3 in OT I was quite certain Maine was going to lose. I think it took less than a minute. Too many skilled players for BU when given open ice. Gendron bragging about his fast physical team last night on the local news. Quote from Gendron "that's who we are". Maine was fortunate that BU did not capitalize on the PP. To Maine's credit, their penalty kill is very good, but continually being short handed is disastrous long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

Maine did well to keep it close. Once it went to 3 on 3 in OT I was quite certain Maine was going to lose. I think it took less than a minute. Too many skilled players for BU when given open ice. Gendron bragging about his fast physical team last night on the local news. Quote from Gendron "that's who we are". Maine was fortunate that BU did not capitalize on the PP. To Maine's credit, their penalty kill is very good, but continually being short handed is disastrous long term.
                  When they work hard, their style can be effective. But in the long run, not going to win many games on that style alone. When a player works their butt off each shift only to see one of the few wide open chances missed, psssstt..., deflation, like air out of a balloon. This isn’t the old Lake State hard working grinding teams and it’s definitely not Jeff Jackson behind the bench orchestrating and motivating.
                  Too many lazy shifts, players not skating hard, but reaching instead.
                  But, it is what it is....
                  $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                  Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post

When they work hard, their style can be effective. But in the long run, not going to win many games on that style alone. When a player works their butt off each shift only to see one of the few wide open chances missed, psssstt..., deflation, like air out of a balloon. This isn’t the old Lake State hard working grinding teams and it’s definitely not Jeff Jackson behind the bench orchestrating and motivating.
                    Too many lazy shifts, players not skating hard, but reaching instead.
                    But, it is what it is....
                    A crucial difference there is that Jackson recruited real talent, even as his Lake State teams gooned it up... So, they could finish when they needed to.

Maine? Not so much. (Actually, pretty-much never.)
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-22-2021, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• That was the worst a team has made BU look since their opening loss to PC. BU couldn't solve Maine's excellent job of defending the blue line, especially on the PP. I also think BU thought it would be an easy game after they scored so quickly. Our goalie once again was the difference (we have been outshot every game so far, usually by a lot). I'll be interested to see how today's game goes.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Greenway is such a bum. Didn't even skate to try and defend that cross-ice pass, just lunged and reached with a stick.

Comment

• Houle takes another dumb penalty for Maine. Negates a Maine power play.

Comment

• Needless penalty for Greenway. BU scores. Need I say more?

Comment

• Another Maine penalty. Any predictions?

Comment

• Maine seems to never, ever shoot the puck on an odd-man rush. It's always pass, pass, pass. Must be very easy to defend.

Comment

Working...
                                X