Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a big shutdown coming also. Although UMaine still has no known cases so good for them. The southern part of the state isn't doing so well. Once winter weather hits all bets are off as I see it.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Im amazed at how pizz poor us americans have chosen to unite and get after this virus. No doubt though in todays world. I feel lucky to be living in maine with this going on. The hockey team is practicing with masks, good for them. A few complaints though Im sure. Keep it going!

Comment

• When is Maine going to act on Gendron's contract? Or have they done so already? Recruiting players with a head coach on the last year of his contract would be challenging in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          When is Maine going to act on Gendron's contract? Or have they done so already? Recruiting players with a head coach on the last year of his contract would be challenging in my opinion.
          I doubt anyone is out recruiting with current situation going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I doubt anyone is out recruiting with current situation going on.
            I believe there has been a ban on it from start of pandemic until January. Honestly I think given everything going on Red’s contract situation isn’t that important.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Alfond Foundation is making a $90MM donation to Umaine athletics. That certainly helps.

Comment

• https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/1...oundation.aspx

Hello new hockey/basketball arena(s)!

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/1...oundation.aspx

Hello new hockey/basketball arena(s)!
                  I really hope they keep the Alfond. It would be nice if they could build a standalone basketball arena on campus. For smaller arenas combining basketball isn’t great.

Has there ever been a bigger waste of money than the cross center in Bangor and the renovations they did to cross arena in Portland? Absolutely shocking.

Comment

• Nothing is going to happen for awhile. You can't spend 40 million on a new arena when the campus is falling apart and state revenue is off by millions

Comment

Nothing is going to happen for awhile. You can't spend 40 million on a new arena when the campus is falling apart and state revenue is off by millions
                      Well actually....you can. This money is specifically earmarked for athletics. The donation is spread over 10 years so it won't be a lump sum, but it will definitely jumpstart the pre-construction progress of planned improvements. I'm guessing we will see some improvements for Alfond Stadium first.....then a new arena complex for basketball & hockey. We're probably a couple of years away from construction & 4-5 years away from an opening date.

Comment

• Id rather see them spend money on recruiting, coaching, and sprucing up the existing facility. Wouldnt the alfond be nicer to watch games in if the whole thing had seat back chairs? (Except balcony of course) It would hold less people but they dont pack it much anyway.
                        When (if) investments in coaching and recruiting pays off and the old girl is sold all the time, now justifying a new one is easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Well actually....you can. This money is specifically earmarked for athletics. The donation is spread over 10 years so it won't be a lump sum, but it will definitely jumpstart the pre-construction progress of planned improvements. I'm guessing we will see some improvements for Alfond Stadium first.....then a new arena complex for basketball & hockey. We're probably a couple of years away from construction & 4-5 years away from an opening date.
                          You are correct. ASU got $112 million in private donations for the new on campus hockey arena. Taxpayers only cover the remaining $8 million.

Comment

• Maine got a forward commit today, Tyler Gaulin. He is from NH but played hs hockey at Berwick Academy and now plays for Maine Nordiques.

Comment

• Maine got some 6 ft 8 inch guy from St Lawrence, has to sit a year

Comment

Maine got some 6 ft 8 inch guy from St Lawrence, has to sit a year
                                He was one of the team's high scorers. Strange that he would transfer and have only one year of eligibility left. Perhaps he knows who the next Maine coach will be?
                                Last edited by Runsub5; 10-29-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X