Maine Offseason 2020: We Stay Home But Swayman Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Red confirmed this morning that Grant has been helping the program out a lot since he took over. Intimated they are getting help from some other folks as well. Not a huge surprise but good to actually hear it.
    Interesting, good to hear. What was the forum that Red said that at?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Red confirmed this morning that Grant has been helping the program out a lot since he took over. Intimated they are getting help from some other folks as well. Not a huge surprise but good to actually hear it.

Hasn't helped much, if it was true in the first place.

Which program have you been watching for the past several years, again?
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-03-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Hasn't helped much, if it was true in the first place.

Which program have you been watching for the past several years, again?
        Yeah hard to tell but Sway certainly played like a Grant goaltender last season.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Tort, Goose and the 'Jackets get a big comeback win tonight. Game 4 tomorrow at 8. One win away from advancing.

Hockey in August is weird, but I'm getting back into it.

Comment

• Michigan not playing hockey until at least jan 1.
            If some play this year and someone on team tests + then what happens. Whole team quaranteens for two weeks?
            Schedules will have to be flexible wont they.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Michigan not playing hockey until at least jan 1.
              If some play this year and someone on team tests + then what happens. Whole team quaranteens for two weeks?
              Schedules will have to be flexible wont they.
              Really hard for me to see hockey or any other college sports happening this year. Would like to be wrong but just doesn’t seem likely.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Devin Shore played 4th line for the Jackets tonight, replacing Gerbe. Hard to imagine, but that was his first playoff game ever. And Columbus evened the series. This is fun stuff for Maine fans. I can't imagine Red recruiting an NHL caliber player, but we still have a few good ones from Tim's tenure. Go figger.

Comment

Looks like we're out of luck for the first half of the season and the odds of the second half happening don't look great either. It's sad where Maine was finally starting to get it's act together. It will be very interesting if there isn't a season at all what happens with all the players.
                  Good God, Maine hasn't had its act together for years and years now. And they certainly weren't on their way to doing that this Fall.

Only Swayman saved the program from another complete embarrassment last season... And he's gone.

Be happy that they won't have to endure a single-digit W season in 20/21, because that was a mortal lock had they played it.

Comment

Really hard for me to see hockey or any other college sports happening this year. Would like to be wrong but just doesn’t seem likely.
                    Nah, this covid crap is going to go on for years, life as we knew it is over and its a new game from now on. Society will adapt but it will take time.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Nah, this covid crap is going to go on for years, life as we knew it is over and its a new game from now on. Society will adapt but it will take time.
                      Wait, the ruskies got the antidote!!

Comment

Agreed. Would hope we only go one year without fans but I anticipate for years people will probably be required to wear masks to attend sporting events.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Patrick McNeil @cbepbp
                          Mikaël Huchette will report to Quebec after being picked in Rd 5 in 2019. Had a commit to UMaine but decided to jump to the Q after a disappointing experience at a USHL training camp. Since Roy's return, Quebec is doing well getting NCAA de-commits.

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2020...entre-efficace

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Patrick McNeil @cbepbp
                            Mikaël Huchette will report to Quebec after being picked in Rd 5 in 2019. Had a commit to UMaine but decided to jump to the Q after a disappointing experience at a USHL training camp. Since Roy's return, Quebec is doing well getting NCAA de-commits.

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2020...entre-efficace
                            Big shocker there

Comment

Big shocker there
                              :P

Yeah, same old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

No kidding. Why USCHO went to this ridiculous format is confounding, as though the interest here wasn't dwindling enough already.

For the one and only time in 20 years, I emailed the administration here with my complaints. Not surprised that I heard nothing back.
                                I never received an email, but I have nothing pertinent to add on the format.

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Jeez Louise... Red hasn't made any progress whatsoever. And if not for Sway, Maine wouldn't have even had the sniff that it had for the *possibility* of a berth last season. (No, Drew, they weren't in the mix when the season was cancelled.)
                                Maine was 15th in the Pairwise when the season was cancelled, projected to qualify for the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X