X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Fossier signs ahl contract.
    On a team like the Hawks, with a dim future immediately ahead of them, he's got a shot to crack the bottom of the roster.

I bet he makes it to the NHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

On a team like the Hawks, with a dim future immediately ahead of them, he's got a shot to crack the bottom of the roster.

I bet he makes it to the NHL.
      I'll be surprised, but not shocked, if he does.

He isn't particularly gifted, but he's a smart player IMO. I could see anything from no opportunity whatsoever in The Show, to a cup of coffee there, to possibly a couple of seasons spent bouncing around the league. (In that order.)

But I sure do wish him well. Certainly one of Red's best recruits, as low as that bar has been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

I'll be surprised, but not shocked, if he does.

He isn't particularly gifted, but he's a smart player IMO. I could see anything from no opportunity whatsoever in The Show, to a cup of coffee there, to possibly a couple of seasons spent bouncing around the league. (In that order.)

But I sure do wish him well. Certainly one of Red's best recruits, as low as that bar has been.
        He's a very smart player, and he has incredible on-ice vision. His problem is his skating, which isnt particularly good. That's a big problem in the modern NHL, where skating is the most valuable tool. If he were (or could become) a better skater I would expect to stick as a third liner pretty regularly.

Comment

• Rpi canceled fall sports as did Bowdoin

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            RPI canceled fall sports as did Bowdoin
            What does that mean for winter sports, I wonder?
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Rpi canceled fall sports as did Bowdoin

Just a matter of time for all schools, seems to me.

And Maine FB was poised for a promising season...

Oh well, this is what we got. I don't expect ANY collegiate sports until the Spring of next year, at best.

Comment

• Looks like we're out of luck for the first half of the season and the odds of the second half happening don't look great either. It's sad where Maine was finally starting to get it's act together. It will be very interesting if there isn't a season at all what happens with all the players.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Looks like we're out of luck for the first half of the season and the odds of the second half happening don't look great either. It's sad where Maine was finally starting to get it's act together. It will be very interesting if there isn't a season at all what happens with all the players.
                  To be clear, hockey didn't even look as mediocre as it did last season. With Sway gone and another ho-hum recruiting class on the way, that program was headed for a .400 season at best.

Football looked promising, though.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-16-2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• CAA cancels season. no brainer at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

To be clear, hockey didn't even look as mediocre as it did last season. With Sway gone and another ho-hum recruiting class on the way, that program was headed for a .400 season at best.

Football looked promising, though.
                      Making the NCAA tournament is now considered mediocre? I know you hate him for whatever reason but Red has done a good job. I think he's built something that should be sustainable in the years to come too. Hopefully the pandemic doesn't derail his efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Making the NCAA tournament is now considered mediocre? I know you hate him for whatever reason but Red has done a good job. I think he's built something that should be sustainable in the years to come too. Hopefully the pandemic doesn't derail his efforts.
                        Lets face it, without Swayman the team wasn't very good. Certainly the goalie is part of the team and Red got Sway here so he should get the credit for a decent team last year. But us spoiled long time Maine fans want to be better than middle of the pack in HE. Probably not reality anymore. BTW I doubt anyone on here "hates" Red. He is a pretty funny guy to talk to. I think what people hate is Maine not being dominant anymore.

Isn't Reds contract up after next season? I doubt College hockey gets played this season without a vaccine . Do players go to school? or do they try to go pro? That part should be interesting to watch.

Too bad the new version of this board sucks, USCHO was already dying, this will just kill it quicker.

Comment

• This new uscho format s*cks is right. Especially on a phone.
                          I cant cant figure out how to respond to posts prior to the most recent but in response to Drew:

I have a feeling this covid is going to greatly reshape college sports, things will change. Schools won't be able to keep the status quo after most of this next year sports are likely cancelled or greatly curtailed. Some of this is playing out at some schools. There just wont the funding. We havent hit bottom yet!
                          ​​​Maine will very likely be in that boat. Hopefully hockey will come out in good shape and be better positioned for the future. Just dreaming on that thought. I 'm afraid in the short term it could be ugly and Reds "progress" will be hindered.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Jeez Louise... Red hasn't made any progress whatsoever. And if not for Sway, Maine wouldn't have even had the sniff that it had for the *possibility* of a berth last season. (No, Drew, they weren't in the mix when the season was cancelled.)

No doubt Maine would have been worse in 20-21 without Jeremy's superb goaltending being there to bail-out a fairly lousy team.

It's the same old story under Red every year. I am truly amazed that anyone in his/her right mind would say otherwise.

But football (probably) being cancelled is a blow. This team looked good.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              This new uscho format s*cks is right. Especially on a phone.
                              I cant cant figure out how to respond to posts prior to the most recent
                              No kidding. Why USCHO went to this ridiculous format is confounding, as though the interest here wasn't dwindling enough already.

For the one and only time in 20 years, I emailed the administration here with my complaints. Not surprised that I heard nothing back.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-23-2020, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Red confirmed this morning that Grant has been helping the program out a lot since he took over. Intimated they are getting help from some other folks as well. Not a huge surprise but good to actually hear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X