This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Thoughts on the new forum layout? It definitely looks nicer, but I don't think I like it. I really don't like how it dosent put the newest posts at the top, but rather the bottom.
    You can change that in account settings, so newest are first
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Great, figured it out after some searching. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Not seeing any "accounts" tab to click, and nothing from the drop-downs.

Help an old man out here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Not seeing any "accounts" tab to click, and nothing from the drop-downs.

Help an old man out here.
          Go to drop down under your user name and click on User Settings.
          On the left hand side of the User Settings page click on Account (to the right of Profile).
          Scroll down to the Conversation Detail Options and click on Latest Activity.
          Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Go to drop down under your user name and click on User Settings.
            On the left hand side of the User Settings page click on Account (to the right of Profile).
            Scroll down to the Conversation Detail Options and click on Latest Activity.
            Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
            Did that, thanks.

This site works poorly. Doesn't want to remember anything, then asks a thousand times for the the same information.

No wonder people are leaving in droves.

Comment

Did that, thanks.

This site works poorly. Doesn't want to remember anything, then asks a thousand times for the the same information.

No wonder people are leaving in droves.
              If they leave, where do they go? Are there other big hub sites for college hockey discussion? If there are, I'd like to join as well. Not to leave here, but more places for college puck are always good.

Comment

• Stephen Mundinger is headed home to newly minted LIU as a graduate transfer. Best of luck to Stephen, hopefully he gets a shot at winning a starting job.

Comment

If they leave, where do they go? Are there other big hub sites for college hockey discussion? If there are, I'd like to join as well. Not to leave here, but more places for college puck are always good.
                  Following - been using the Tapatalk app and it seems to be working well but I have tried to insert any pictures or links.

Comment

Well, they're going somewhere... This site has been getting less and less traffic for years now.

As to where, I can't say. I follow both Maine and my local D-3 team on FB and Twitter, too, as there ain't much to see there, either.

This one is still easily my favorite of the three. You can't beat the mix of crusty ol' bastids (you know who you are) and optimistic younger fans.

Comment

If the game isnt even being broadcast, there shouldn't be TV timeouts. Seems like the obvious solution to me.
                      My best guess is that there'll be little (or no) actual attendance this coming season. Every epidemiologist in the world expects another Covid surge, and it's next to impossible to distance oneself in any hockey arena.

So, I plan to stream everything. I'm more than willing to pay for a Maine season (in HD) for say, $125-150? And I expect a sh**load of banners, and ads at every whistle. That will be absolutely necessary to pump a few bucks toward the U.

That's the most-likely best-case scenario, IMO. Worst-case, classes don't happen on campus, the players stay home, and hockey will be suspended for the season. Probably just as likely.

Strange times.

Comment

My best guess is that there'll be little (or no) actual attendance this coming season. Every epidemiologist in the world expects another Covid surge, and it's next to impossible to distance oneself in any hockey arena.

So, I plan to stream everything. I'm more than willing to pay for a Maine season (in HD) for say, $125-150? And I expect a sh**load of banners, and ads at every whistle. That will be absolutely necessary to pump a few bucks toward the U.

That's the most-likely best-case scenario, IMO. Worst-case, classes don't happen on campus, the players stay home, and hockey will be suspended for the season. Probably just as likely.

Strange times.
                        Outside of NY it has been getting worse for a while. My guess is the fall semester is a wash out and the season starts sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I really wish the NBA and NHL had cancelled their seasons and we’re trying to start next season on time. I’m afraid we’re going to be left with not much sports when we need it most in the fall/early winter. I’m fine going all summer with just golf and NASCAR.

Edit: this story shows how impossible school will be for the fall https://connectingvets.radio.com/art...lwv2XDIIiSr5vY
                        Last edited by Drew S.; 06-14-2020, 09:41 PM.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• This new format has a weird way of posting.
                          had to read the directions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Outside of NY it has been getting worse for a while. My guess is the fall semester is a wash out and the season starts sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I really wish the NBA and NHL had cancelled their seasons and we’re trying to start next season on time. I’m afraid we’re going to be left with not much sports when we need it most in the fall/early winter. I’m fine going all summer with just golf and NASCAR.

Edit: this story shows how impossible school will be for the fall https://connectingvets.radio.com/art...lwv2XDIIiSr5vY
                            That was a great link. It really describes how exponential the spread of this thing is when people are in close proximity.

Again, I just don't expect anything resembling a normal hockey season this Fall, if we have one at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              This new format has a weird way of posting.
                              had to read the directions!
                              Every time USCHO "upgrades", there are problems.

I agree that this current interface is illogical.

Comment

• Fossier signs ahl contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X