Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking: Job Posting has closed and the University expects to make an announcement early next week per WABI & WVII.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Yeah, he sucked. In fairness I don't think Winkin handled relief pitchers all that well. Sure was cool to watch some of those great teams though. One of favorite memories was Billy Swift playing centerfield in a regional in Orono. I think it was Navy they were playing. Third base coach sent a runner on 2nd on a single to Swifty in center, Maine Catcher had ball in glove before runner was halfway down the 3rd baseline. Swifty threw a line drive right to the catcher.
      Remember being at the game. Swift was definitely best player to put on a Maine baseball uniform. Went from starting pitcher to center fielder when not pitching and the kid could hit! That was a brutal loss in Omaha against Arizona. Hell I remember watching Clemens and Cal Schiraldi pitch for Texas one of the years Maine was in Omaha as well.

As for Chuck. Glad you have come around after all these years and have shown respect for Shawn. I had enough battles with you especially as Shawn was dying to not get lured back in to these discussions. Additionally my all around apathy for the hockey program over the last several years has led to fewer visit to this site and only posting occasionally. Let's all hope they get this hire right! Maine Hockey has much to offer and it would be wonderful to be relevant again! My hope was we could lure Greg Moore, but since that is not happening I am encouraged that we are getting his feedback as well as Montgomery's and other former players. It's a great job regardless of salary. May pay the least in Hockey East, but cost of living of being in Orono is a hell of a lot less than anywhere in Hockey East too!

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
        The arguments over who is allowed to post in this thread are a lot more tedious than whatever the "interlopers" are posting. To me.
        Agree and Im good with it.
        Dont have to read it, and always take whatever anyone says on here in perspective.
        Last edited by NorthMike; 05-07-2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post
          Breaking: Job Posting has closed and the University expects to make an announcement early next week per WABI & WVII.
          So John Buccigross will have it Saturday or Sunday I bet. Does Larry Mahoney even have Twitter?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
            The arguments over who is allowed to post in this thread are a lot more tedious than whatever the "interlopers" are posting. To me.
            I agree, if you can't ignore what someone you don't like or care to read says you probably don't belong on the internet
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Good to know. It is a little surprising he has been a bridesmaid so many times given his track record as an assistant.

Hopefully we find out today or tomorrow who the winner is.
              I tend to agree with you. But I guess my point was that I wouldn't read too much into the RPI scenario with Barr--- the admin is a hot mess that cares ZERO about hockey.
              I've met Benny several times and am a fan of the guy He's learned his craft from great coaches in Leaman, Murray and Carvel. I hope he gets his shot.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post
                Happy Ben Barr day everyone!

*positive thinking*
                Ha, hope so!
                But reality stinks, come next week we all might be sorely disappointed. My worry is the negotiation, and not starting salary. Surely he will want certain things to ensure that he is successful, or I would hope so, while the Univ will hold certain things dear. Wether they can come to agreements???

Comment

• The added part of the report is that the job is closed for cross-referencing, which doesn't sound like an internal candidate. I can't imagine you need to check references on somebody that's been on your payroll for the last few seasons. It could bode well for an interesting week.

Eric Gullickson of WABI and John Wagoner both confirm that Ben Barr is one of three names that have been linked to the job, though would not go into further speculation. Interesting.

Comment

• In alphabetical order...

Barr
                    Guite
                    Pellerin

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      In alphabetical order...

Barr
                      Guite
                      Pellerin
                      If true, my perferences would be

Barr>Pellerin>>>Guite

Comment

In alphabetical order...

Barr
                        Guite
                        Pellerin
                        Isn't Pellerin working for the Maple Leafs as director of player development, or has he moved on?

If it turns out to be Barr, will he bring back Michaud? Can't imagine Guite would accept if asked ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

In alphabetical order...

Barr
                          Guite
                          Pellerin
                          Scott Pellerin? Is he in the mix? Has he done much/any coaching since he retired?
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Isn't Pellerin working for the Maple Leafs as director of player development, or has he moved on?

If it turns out to be Barr, will he bring back Michaud? Can't imagine Guite would accept if asked ...
                            Pellerin just left TML, looks like within the last week or so. According to The Athletic, his contract expired and was not renewed. He was quoted in the same Athletic article about wanting to return to the NHL someday.

Comment

• The suspense is murdering my soul haha

Comment

• My preference, Barr, then neither, I think Pellerin would be a mistake. I cant believe there isnt better options than pellerin. Weird.

Last edited by NorthMike; 05-07-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X