• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amkirby10
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Hmmm -
    "Ralph recently said Guite is doing an exemplary job as the interim head coach and presented him an impressive comprehensive plan for elevating the UMaine program’s stature if he lands the job."
    I'm still confident in Barr getting the nod, but this statement concerns me.

Leave a comment:

• umhockey91
    replied
    Hmmm -
    "Ralph recently said Guite is doing an exemplary job as the interim head coach and presented him an impressive comprehensive plan for elevating the UMaine program’s stature if he lands the job."
    A "comprehensive plan".....??? What would that be......renovate facilities? Recruit better players? Improve the coaching? Ho-hum. Maine needs to raise the Barr on this program.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Hmmm -

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

I agree, if you can't ignore what someone you don't like or care to read says you probably don't belong on the internet
    Seriously..?

I've been reading your posts for something like 20 years now, and you haven't exactly been Mr. Sweetness and Sunshine all the time.

It's perfectly fine to call a troll a troll, FCS.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    The deafening silence from any official source leads me to believe that Ben gets the nod.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post

After seeing this list and mind you I think there is more then 3 left, but lets go with these 3 for now...I ask WHAT? does Barr have to do to NOT GET THE JOB?? I mean he has to be the top choice of any Program looking to change and improve{imo}...the only way I see him NOT getting the Job is if he decides to turn it down and wait...as for the last two names Guite/Pellerin...Pellerin/Guite...this would be just a fall back plan, again only imo....and not a encouraging one at that. But "IF" Barr is the choice you can bet and I would hope he goes with a clean slate and brings in his own assistants...change means change not keeping holdovers. Interesting weekend ahead into next week...I fear disappointment on the horizon....................
    It sounds like he’s been passed over more than once and you would have to think there is a reason for that. At this point I’m not sure I even have a strong favorite. I think there are positives and negatives with all of them and whoever gets it I will support.

In Larry’s BDN article he confirmed Capuano isn’t in the mix because of timing.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied
    Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
    In alphabetical order...

Barr
    Guite
    Pellerin
    After seeing this list and mind you I think there is more then 3 left, but lets go with these 3 for now...I ask WHAT? does Barr have to do to NOT GET THE JOB?? I mean he has to be the top choice of any Program looking to change and improve{imo}...the only way I see him NOT getting the Job is if he decides to turn it down and wait...as for the last two names Guite/Pellerin...Pellerin/Guite...this would be just a fall back plan, again only imo....and not a encouraging one at that. But "IF" Barr is the choice you can bet and I would hope he goes with a clean slate and brings in his own assistants...change means change not keeping holdovers. Interesting weekend ahead into next week...I fear disappointment on the horizon....................

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Is Pellerin definitely one of the top three? I think all three are an improvement on how they had last time around. I remember being very underwhelmed with the group of finalists.
    Who knows, I did see some discussion of Pellerin elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    My preference, Barr, then neither, I think Pellerin would be a mistake. I cant believe there isnt better options than pellerin. Weird.
    Is Pellerin definitely one of the top three? I think all three are an improvement on how they had last time around. I remember being very underwhelmed with the group of finalists.

Leave a comment:

• NorthMike
    replied
    My preference, Barr, then neither, I think Pellerin would be a mistake. I cant believe there isnt better options than pellerin. Weird.

Last edited by NorthMike; 05-07-2021, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jackcurtis23
    replied
    The suspense is murdering my soul haha

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Isn't Pellerin working for the Maple Leafs as director of player development, or has he moved on?

If it turns out to be Barr, will he bring back Michaud? Can't imagine Guite would accept if asked ...
    Pellerin just left TML, looks like within the last week or so. According to The Athletic, his contract expired and was not renewed. He was quoted in the same Athletic article about wanting to return to the NHL someday.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    In alphabetical order...

Barr
    Guite
    Pellerin
    Scott Pellerin? Is he in the mix? Has he done much/any coaching since he retired?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied
    In alphabetical order...

Barr
    Guite
    Pellerin
    Isn't Pellerin working for the Maple Leafs as director of player development, or has he moved on?

If it turns out to be Barr, will he bring back Michaud? Can't imagine Guite would accept if asked ...

Leave a comment:

• amkirby10
    replied
    In alphabetical order...

Barr
    Guite
    Pellerin
    If true, my perferences would be

Barr>Pellerin>>>Guite

Leave a comment:

Working...