This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post

Let's hope not....in this housing market they might be able to buy a camp in Patten with UMaine's housing stipend lol...
    Nah, still good prices in millinocket

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      This is smelling more and more like Barr. I say that because I think that an announcement would have been made by now if it was Guite.
      Tomorrow will be Ben Barr day and the resurrection of Maine hockey will begin.

Comment

• Mike McMahon tweeted that an announcement is relatively imminent, today or tomorrow. Also read a blog he wrote that the search committee wanted an “outsider” for whatever that is worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post

Tomorrow will be Ben Barr day and the resurrection of Maine hockey will begin.
          I'm thinking Ralph will go the easy route, and he's not an outsider.
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• I agree with the sentiments that the longer this takes, the more likely that it’s Barr or the QU coach. No need for the dramatic build up if it’s Guite. I’m guessing the new coach will be finalizing their staff & housing arrangements.

Here’s to a new era beginning tomorrow.

Comment

• Announcement coming at 11 am tomorrow per Fox. New Coach will be speaking after. Here we go!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear96 View Post
                Announcement coming at 11 am tomorrow per Fox. New Coach will be speaking after. Here we go!!!
                it has to be Barr

Comment

• According to John Wagoner on Twitter, Ben Guite has been telling the team that he won't be staying on board as the permanent head coach.

Comment

• Jeff Cox reporting on Twitter that Ben Barr is the man. Here's hoping that's true.
                    It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                    But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

• If this goes as rumored and it's someone promising like Barr, I gotta say great job to KRalph. Especially for putting together the search committee that involves Monty, Snow and Major. A great move involving alums from deep within the business who still have interest and hope in Maine hockey.
                      If the choice is not so promising, well Ill take this back.

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Nah, still good prices in millinocket
                        True! I still have two cousins in Millinocket, and they tell me even this seller's market hasn't driven prices up much there. If Barr likes to fish (and doesn't mind a long commute) Millinocket is a great place to shop.

Comment

• Originally posted by mainetwentytwelve View Post
                          Jeff Cox reporting on Twitter that Ben Barr is the man. Here's hoping that's true.
                          If this comes to fruition, which I expect it will, I’m thrilled for Maine and excited for the future. Also reinforces my belief in my sources. A few of you owe me an apology beer lol.

I was first told that Barr would be the guy the night of the frozen four title game, and that message stayed consistent throughout, from multiple people. Glad to see (it appears) that the info was accurate!

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

If this comes to fruition, which I expect it will, I’m thrilled for Maine and excited for the future. Also reinforces my belief in my sources. A few of you owe me an apology beer lol.

I was first told that Barr would be the guy the night of the frozen four title game, and that message stayed consistent throughout, from multiple people. Glad to see (it appears) that the info was accurate!
                            No apology from me! I was one of few supporters if similar info!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Go look at Heisenberg's 2013 list. The program was an absolute mess when Timmy left.
                              Please, my friend.

Red inherited a team that had Ben Hutton, Devin Shore and Veasey on its roster, all elite players, and nothing like the dregs that Barr (?) will have to deal with.

There were several other really quality players there as well. To favorably compare what Red has left behind to what Timmy did is truly ridiculous.

I'm somewhat excited that new blood is quite possibly here, but the cupboard remains bare for some time, unless the transfer portal trumps the Covid extensions.

(THAT will an interesting calculus, for sure, and maybe Barr already has some verbal commitments?)

Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-11-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

Really excited for the future of Maine hockey. Ralph deserves a huge round of applause. He put together an excellent search committee and the committee looks to have delivered.

The uscho blogs are the best form of investigative journalism in college hockey lol. All the talk of the future coach was spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X