BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    And you took the bait (lol)! Who would rather live and go to school in Lowell than Boston. As far as going to BU versus BC, that’s usually an academic or financial issue. BU is in need of a talent infusion especially on offense. They look to be a .500 team next year to start. I don’t see any dominant team in college hockey next year. A lot will depend on coaching and developing your team over the season. At least next year the coaches will have a full season to work with.

Go Eagles!
    I think you are insane. They basically return their entire team minus Farrance (who only played in 13 games) and get back Amonte who was out all year plus the addition of Matt Brown. They went 10-3-1 this year in Hockey East and they will be .500?? Dumb take. Then again you think BC will be in the running for a NC.

Comment

• Saying BU is much more desirable for a "free agent" than BC is laughable but that's Lemonade for you. We don't even know what went into his decision. Plus BC already attracted one of the top goalies and forwards on the market. I did laugh at him calling someone else biased though. Nobody is landing EVERY transfer out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Saying BU is much more desirable for a "free agent" than BC is laughable but that's Lemonade for you. We don't even know what went into his decision. Plus BC already attracted one of the top goalies and forwards on the market. I did laugh at him calling someone else biased though. Nobody is landing EVERY transfer out there.
        BU with 95% of its players returning vs BC who lost their all world goalie and entire 1st line (Boldy/Newhook/Hardman/Hutsko).....if you are a hockey player and want a chance at winning a NC then BU is closer than BC is today. Are either BU or BC the top tier of NC contenders? Maybe or maybe not but BU is ahead of BC anyway you look at right now. So in summary:

BU got better
        BC got worse by alot
        Last edited by Lemonade; 04-20-2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Pressure is on Albie then. Time to deliver. I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Pressure is on Albie then. Time to deliver. I wouldn't bet on it.
            Nor would I.

Comment

• And BU might be returning a lot of players but they did lose a pretty big piece in Farrance. Not to mention the advanced metrics were not kind to BU. If that continues I wouldn't expect the same winning percentage. Without knowing if there will be any more transfers to the two schools I am not expecting a big difference in the standings between the two teams. BC is still returning a lot of good players and I'd like to actually see the transfers play in a game. It could take some time early on but I still expect BC to become a good team next year and be in the hunt for NCAAs.

Comment

And BU might be returning a lot of players but they did lose a pretty big piece in Farrance. Not to mention the advanced metrics were not kind to BU. If that continues I wouldn't expect the same winning percentage. Without knowing if there will be any more transfers to the two schools I am not expecting a big difference in the standings between the two teams. BC is still returning a lot of good players and I'd like to actually see the transfers play in a game. It could take some time early on but I still expect BC to become a good team next year and be in the hunt for NCAAs.
                Farrance actually never got it going since he returned from Covid. He only played in 11 games and only had 1G and 1A after his return. Still a great player but the chopped up season didnt allow him to showcase himself like a full season would have. I think you are underestimating the impact that Knight had. BC will be good and will be in the running for an NCAA spot but I don't consider them a legit NC contender.

Comment

• I wouldn't either but then again I haven't really dug in on what other teams look like for next year. Knight was good but he didn't have to carry a team like a Swayman did for Maine. BC will be a better defensive team next year and by all accounts Dop is a very good goalie. I think it will come down to the continued progression of McLaughlin and McBain along with Nesterenko/Ambrosio/Kuntar building off the solid years they had.

Off the top of my head I would think Michigan might be #1. They better take advantage before all their guys bolt.

Comment

• Knight starting tonight for FLA. I have to admit I am VERY surprised by that. I know he was on the bench for their last game, which I assumed was to burn a year off of his ELC. But to throw him into the NHL so quickly? Seems like there isn't much upside, but a lot of downside (if he gets lit up).
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Knight starting tonight for FLA. I have to admit I am VERY surprised by that. I know he was on the bench for their last game, which I assumed was to burn a year off of his ELC. But to throw him into the NHL so quickly? Seems like there isn't much upside, but a lot of downside (if he gets lit up).
                      Agreed. Makes no sense to throw him in there. Best of luck to him but just feels unnecessary.

Comment

• Ok maybe he gets the next start!

Comment

• BU was not very good this year, especially up front. I’m not sure why anyone would be excited about returning that group of forwards. I’m sure there will be more departures as well over the next couple of months.

BC returns a good group of forwards and Kruse is a strong addition to that group. What BC needed was a big stay at home defenseman and they got Wells to check that box. They also have a very solid group of older freshmen coming in including Mike Posma the USHL player of the week.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• "BU with 95% of its players returning vs BC who lost their all world goalie and entire 1st line (Boldy/Newhook/Hardman/Hutsko).....if you are a hockey player and want a chance at winning a NC then BU is closer than BC is today. Are either BU or BC the top tier of NC contenders? Maybe or maybe not but BU is ahead of BC anyway you look at right now. So in summary:

BU got better
                            BC got worse by alot"

We will find out next Fall but both teams have the same coaching staff, advantage BC. It will be UMass BC and BU, everyone else is fighting for home ice, except Vermont and Mac they will be at the bottom looking up.

Comment

• I wonder if BC is interested in Griffin Longhan from NMU. He is from NY. Tough, gritty forward.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Sam Sternschein @Sternschein27
                                Thank you Penn State for an unforgettable 4 years. Friends and memories that will last a lifetime and I am forever grateful to be a Nittany Lion. As one chapter ends, another one begins... I am so excited to announce that I will be playing my graduate year at Boston College.

Sam Sternschein - Elite Prospects

Comment

Working...
                                X