BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

honestly the biggest difference between the 06 - 13 or so classes and the last couple of years.

even top draft picks with pro ready bodies (kreider, hayes, dumoulin, etc) stayed 3 years.
    Unfortunately, those days are over. It's one and done now for the top-end talent.

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• And for those saying BC had gone away from their bread and butter of smaller forwards, Kruse and Brown both listed as 5'9"

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Yep, if nobody else jumps ship there's no reason they can't at least be an NCAA bubble team if not more with the additions of Dop and Kruse. Not like any of us have really seen these transfers play. Just basing it on what other people say. Cruikshank is still weighing his options. I think UND is making a run at him. If they don't land him I am sure they have a plan B. Despite what the resident BU troll thinks, when all is said and done I don't think BC will be mid pack in Hockey East.
        So you think BC will still be a top team despite losing Knight, Boldy, Newhook, Hardman...and replacing them with waiver wire transfer guys. I will have what you are having. BC was under .500 (1-2) without Knight this year alone...if they get a few transfers they better be real studs.

Comment

• Waiver wire? Lol. If you don't want to check into the caliber of transfer they are brining in, so be it. We all know what your agenda is here. You can define top team however you want, I said BC will not be middle of the pack in Hockey East.

Not sure what a miniscule sample of them being 1-2 with Wilder in net has to do with anything. They are bringing in a good transfer goalie, not a "waiver wire" goalie.

Comment

Imagine seeing a kid like Blake Bellefeuille go from Framingham High straight to BC and be a PPG player right off the bat. I am not well versed enough to know who really started bringing in older freshmen or if it just sorta happened organically over time which probably coincided with the rise of the USNTDP.
            It's an interesting question. My recollection is that in the early years of the USNTDP, it wasn't as big a deal - I feel like Freddy Meyer was one of BU's first recruits out of that program, but I could be wrong. As the program grew in notoriety, I think it became a bigger focus for recruiting by the top programs, and Parochial schools and Prep schools became less of a focus. Meanwhile the USHL seemed to improve what it had to offer. I do think it is likely that the schools that struggled to compete in the late 90s and early 2000's did start looking to older kids as a way to make up for the talent gap.

BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
              Not sure how kids who play 4 years at one school go to a grad program at another school (for one year ) have much of a connection to the grad school.
              Just to clarify, other than the COVID situation, kids only get 4 years. Grad transfers are typically players that accelerate their studies to finish in 3 years. And since they have graduated, they don't have to sit out a year if they want to play their 4th year elsewhere.

Comment

Waiver wire? Lol. If you don't want to check into the caliber of transfer they are brining in, so be it. We all know what your agenda is here. You can define top team however you want, I said BC will not be middle of the pack in Hockey East.

Not sure what a miniscule sample of them being 1-2 with Wilder in net has to do with anything. They are bringing in a good transfer goalie, not a "waiver wire" goalie.
                Call it whatever you want but it’s the waiver wire. These players could all stay at their school no matter so they are either choosing to transfer for a reason. If you are going to pretend they are the same caliber of player that left you are kidding yourself.

Comment

• Nobody said they are the same caliber. You're just a ****ing moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Call it whatever you want but it’s the waiver wire. These players could all stay at their school no matter so they are either choosing to transfer for a reason. If you are going to pretend they are the same caliber of player that left you are kidding yourself.
                    The BG guys couldn't. Eigner is bringing in a full freshman class so all those spots are taken.

You're gonna like Dop and Kruse. Sucks they have to go but we're glad to see them finish up with York.

Comment

Imagine seeing a kid like Blake Bellefeuille go from Framingham High straight to BC and be a PPG player right off the bat.
                      Great reference J.D. Got me thinking about the last kid to jump straight from a Boston area public school who was an impact player right away. Sean Collins (Reading,UNH) and Bobby Butler (Marlboro,UNH) came to mind. Even the Catholic Conference kids like the Fitzgeralds and Matt Filipe (MC) didn't go straight from high school to Hockey East IIRC.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• I think BC will be back at the top of hockey East next season along with UMass. They are going to be very deep at forward. In order to win in the NCAA’s they are going to need to improve their defense. Their glaring weakness is not being able to clear the front of the net and control the defensive boards. They need a couple of 6’3 - 6’4 defensemen that can get the puck out of the d-zone quickly to start the fast break transition game. It’s tough to set up a neutral zone trap if the defense is getting the puck up to the forwards quickly.

There are over 50 players who are interested in transferring into BC. This is going to happen every year. Getting Matt Brown for what should be his two most productive years is a prime example of the impact that transfers will have on the game.

I still have yet to hear a single good reason why kids should be forced to delay their college careers.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• The freshman class provided depth and some production with the sophmores

So it's not like the cupboard is bare exactly

I'm confident with the transfers and others coming in they will be in the top tier in HE.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                            Great reference J.D. Got me thinking about the last kid to jump straight from a Boston area public school who was an impact player right away. Sean Collins (Reading,UNH) and Bobby Butler (Marlboro,UNH) came to mind. Even the Catholic Conference kids like the Fitzgeralds and Matt Filipe (MC) didn't go straight from high school to Hockey East IIRC.
                            BU's Jay O'Brien is another private school kid who ended up transferring out of PC after his freshman season to go play in the BCHL as he was not ready.
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Heck, things have changed so much that I feel like Kreider was noteworthy for going straight to BC from a prep school! BU's notable public kids before things began to change were the Medford kids (both Saccos, Shawn Bates) and Jay Pandolfo (Burlington). The Catholic Conference kids - for BU, it was mostly Catholic Memorial kids - Tommy Noble, Mike Sylvia, Jeff Kealty all one year, plus the Bavis brothers and many more.

Comment

• https://***********/ep_transfers/sta...481203714?s=19

If this is correct, guess we'll see if they are still in on Matt Brown. Regardless, nobody in Hockey East is bringing in a better forward duo than Kruse and Cruikshank.

Comment

Working...
                                X