Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eaglekeeper, did you eat paint chips as a child?
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Even as a Maine fan, I had BC going all the way.

But, they showed no heart at all tonight. It appeared that they were all castrated during the 1st intermission.

Truly a pathetic showing. It appeared as they all were wearing figure skates and crapping in their panties. Where are the Giontas and Gerbes anymore?

Go UMass!
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-28-2021, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• From what I have seen of the FF teams, a lot of similarities. Wouldn't expect a lot of goals. But I think it's an evenly matched field. UMass against the State of Hockey.

Comment

• I don't think it's a question of heart. It might look that way but I think that's a product of a damn good team turning up the heat in the 2nd period. It might just be the personnel isn't able to handle teams like St. Cloud. That's where recruiting needs to continue to evolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
            Good call JD on your 4-2 prediction. Minnesota went out in similar fashion to end 100 storied seasons of Gopher hockey. All these older players with neutral zone traps and collapsing defense around their goalie has made college hockey a very boring sport to watch.

Go Eagles!

I’ve seen Mankato “up close” numerous times the last three years and they are one of the most skilled, up-tempo teams in all of DI hockey. They had the best winning percentage in all of DI this season. Yes, weird year with no non-conference games and, the WCHA obviously doesn’t have the depth as HE, BIG10, or NCHC. But, they did have three teams make the tourney for the first time in a decade.

Last year I watched them literally play keep away in LSSU’s zone for over two minutes 5 on 5. This year they did it to Ferris 5 on 5 for 2:50 and, the only reason the puck left the zone was because the puck hit a bad spot in the ice on a pass from the half-wall to the near point. Trust me, they don’t use the “trap”. Even BSU rarely uses it and, the sure didn’t use it against Wisconsin.

Comment

• Eaglekeeper....if you thought that the Minn/Mankato game was “boring”, you have zero clue about the game. Have you played? If so, to what levels?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Even as a Maine fan, I had BC going all the way.

But, they showed no heart at all tonight. It appeared that they were all castrated during the 1st intermission.

Truly a pathetic showing. It appeared as they all were wearing figure skates and crapping in their panties. Where are the Giontas and Gerbes anymore?

Go UMass!
                If you watch BC the 2nd half for some reason they just did not adjust their game and that is on the coaches and maybe even on the captains
                When UMass won Carvel was not happy when he saw some problems, the team fixed it

BC is Stubborn and they kept going to the well again and again the same style of play never adjusting when things changed

They play a very good first period and then for some reason just sat and sat on their leads and going into a shell like in many games

The passing and decisions with the puck horrendous leading to turnovers and disorganization on the ice

It was so bad they were not getting shots on net for long stretches and badly outshot by SCSU in the 2nd

Every game I saw the same thing almost after taking a lead

The UML game where they had a 4-1 lead in the 3rd was a clear warning and yet they still played the same sloppy joe hockey and their attitude on the ice bothered me, there was no sense of urgency and attention to detail

They were over rated and played like it

after getting a covid bye and rest they still played pi** poor hockey after the 1st period not learning a thing from the UML game

Never a complete game effort down the stretch

You look at UND and you can say they gave it their all and played a really competitive game with UMD. They can keep their heads high even though they lost after 5 OTs because they played with heart and you can see it after the heart breaking goal by UMD the emotion.

JY can stay as long he wants because he has earned it but certainly he can be open to criticism for how his team performed in the last two games especially.

NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Weird season; not surprised by the result yesterday. ND would have also beaten BC in Round 1 without any doubt. Surprised they trapped us; but smart. York got outcoached.

Don't look now but BC is a modern-day UNH. Regular season juggernauts. Big-game pants poopers (and for those giving BC a national title last year, keep in mind they completely shat themselves in the Beanpot Rd 1 game with a nice lead and a PP and a few minutes on the clock).

Never showed a consistent ability to produce more than 20 good minutes a night. Mind-boggling. This is the biggest thing to focus on. Why? And how? Worst period was period 3 this year... when the going got tough, the opponents got going.

Effort was terrible yesterday. But it was apparent that there was no point in racing to pucks because they knew they'd get smoked and lose the battle anyway so why bother? No physicality. Softest BC team I've ever seen - and this has been trending in the same direction. Why bother recruiting physical guys that can't move the puck when you can recruit small guys that get clobbered on the boards and also can't move the puck?! I am a big fan of McBain and Giles; thought they needed to do more with their size yesterday down low and on the boards. They didn't unfortunately.

We can keep on going like this but we're going to get the same results. Look for one more RS championship banner run and then another flame out in York's last year. Announce York's final season in the 100th season of BC Hockey now, and let it be known this position is open to all and start making a list and taking phone calls. And pray the BC admin doesn't ruin the program for good.

All good things come to an end. Most just failed to realize it ended about a decade ago. It was a good run.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• I don't think we need to hang crepe quite yet. I have been saying they miss Hustko, would they have won with him, maybe not but he was the gritty experienced player they needed. SC took away time and space after the first 12 minutes, our enforcers did not respond. JY is going out on his own terms, he is looking for one more nattie, I am not sure he will get it. We are no longer in the golden age of BC hockey, no doubt about that, but I am grateful to have watched it. Bigger stronger older and more skilled players would help but isn't that what everyone is looking for. Hope Karow stays as well as the other three but that is highly unlikely. Experience adjust experience we will be a top team in HE, but not sure beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                      I don't think we need to hang crepe quite yet. I have been saying they miss Hustko, would they have won with him, maybe not but he was the gritty experienced player they needed. SC took away time and space after the first 12 minutes, our enforcers did not respond. JY is going out on his own terms, he is looking for one more nattie, I am not sure he will get it. We are no longer in the golden age of BC hockey, no doubt about that, but I am grateful to have watched it. Bigger stronger older and more skilled players would help but isn't that what everyone is looking for. Hope Karow stays as well as the other three but that is highly unlikely. Experience adjust experience we will be a top team in HE, but not sure beyond that.
                      If Knight/Boldy/Newhook leave I am not sure BC is even in top half of Hockey East next year.

This age factor in NCAA is totally relevant topic though. I think BC/BU are doing it right with rosters of COLLEGE age kids. Minnesota St has 8 players that are born in 1996 making them 25 years old this year. Just to put it in perspective - Jack Eichel/Noah Hanafin are 1996 birth years and are their 6th season in the NHL....
                      Last edited by Lemonade; 03-29-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• They put up a telling stat during yesterdays game that BC was 0-22-1 the last 3 years when trailing entering the 3rd period.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                          I think BC/BU are doing it right with rosters of COLLEGE age kids. Minnesota St has 8 players that are born in 1996 making them 25 years old this year. Just to put it in perspective - Jack Eichel/Noah Hanafin are 1996 birth years and are their 6th season in the NHL....
                          That's a nice thought, but if everyone else is bringing in older players and you aren't, that's just unilateral disarmament.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Adapt or die.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Well then - BU/BC better start finding some 25 year olds on the transfer portal.

Average age:
                              Providence Bruins - 23.88
                              Minnesota State - 23.00

Insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                They've gotten back to being a tournament team and now the challenge is to tweak things and evaluate why you lost to a team like St. Cloud.
                                BC is a lifetime 1-4 vs. SCSU. If you keep losing to “a team like St. Cloud,” perhaps it’s more representative of the program as a whole than just what happened yesterday.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X