Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And if they do win, you will downplay it. That's the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      And if they do win, you will downplay it. That's the point.
      And if he does downplay it, it won't be justified and will be due solely to rival jealousy.

But that's just my take from someone who could give a rip about either BC or BU. : - p
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

And if they do win, you will downplay it. That's the point.
        Downplay something they should do? Low bar for your team huh? BC is the better team, higher ranking, higher seed, betting favorite and well rested...umm they should beat STCloud. Want extra points for a win? If you show up to work Monday should I throw acclaim on you or just downplay that you showed up? Technically with ND out BC probably is the favorite to win it all to many pundits. I also think UMass is the best hockey East team right now. Do I think BC win it - no. Do I think they beat SCS - yes. Will I be happy if Bc loses - yes.
        Last edited by Lemonade; 03-28-2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

And if he does downplay it, it won't be justified and will be due solely to rival jealousy.

But that's just my take from someone who could give a rip about either BC or BU. : - p
          You are correct. He's the resident troll.

Comment

• Considering I haven't seen BC play anyone outside of Hockey East i think I will try this novel concept of watching the game so I can see who the better team is.

Comment

• And calculating rest -Over the past five years, NHL teams have averaged .108 fewer points per game when playing for the second straight night than they have when playing on one or more days rest. Earning .108 less of a possible two points represents about a 5% decrease in point production, and theoretically a 5% downgrade in win probability

So if BC was a 60%/40% favorite it’s now a 65%/35% just based on rest vs back to back game of opponent. That pretty significant.

Comment

Considering I haven't seen BC play anyone outside of Hockey East i think I will try this novel concept of watching the game so I can see who the better team is.
                Yeah that’s your strategy. You just criticize others opinions while you don’t have nuts to make your own so nobody can counter. Sackless is no one way to live. Let
                me wait until game is over to decide. So brave and heroic.

Comment

• Originally on some play for view or so I thought but thanks for that note JD. I also thought the game was a 1 PM but the paper says 5:30. I will be glued to the TV whenever it is.

Comment

• Just to prove i have a sack and some nuts I guess that means I need to make an official prediction. From the NCHC games I did see, with North Dakota being the best team all year and St. Cloud beating Duluth and giving UND a game in the title game...I am going in thinking St. Cloud is a notch above BC. Call it 3-2 for the Huskies. Man, that took some big balls.

Comment

Just to prove i have a sack and some nuts I guess that means I need to make an official prediction. From the NCHC games I did see, with North Dakota being the best team all year and St. Cloud beating Duluth and giving UND a game in the title game...I am going in thinking St. Cloud is a notch above BC. Call it 3-2 for the Huskies. Man, that took some big balls.
                      Vegas odds:
                      BC is betting favorite at -170
                      SCS is +135

Comment

• Thank you for the Vegas odds

Comment

Thank you for the Vegas odds
                          You are welcome. You are also welcome for the education I gave you about how rest can be quantified. Think nothing of it.

BC 4
                          SCS 2

Comment

• Lively and snarky, and it is only 11:30. Wait until the chips and corona kick in. Will be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              UMD who had a bye beat ND who was by a wide margin the best team in the tournament. Dont ever say a bye isn’t a massive advantage. Fresh legs wins.
                              I’m not sure which is worse - a sober lemonade or a drunk Limey.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

You are welcome. You are also welcome for the education I gave you about how rest can be quantified. Think nothing of it.

BC 4
                                SCS 2
                                Aside from the fact that a historical breakdown of NHL back to backs might not mean a damn thing when talking about a one off college game where travel was not involved. In the NHL, at least one team is traveling for a back to back.

Comment

Working...
                                X