Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone have BU winning this game? Albie? Kidding aside, St. Cloud is legit and could be poised to do what UND did to BC/BU in 2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Well, looks like it's going to be St. Cloud State. I think BU was so worried about Lemonade's concerns of the unfair advantage for BC they just decided to lose.
      Shoulda done the honorable thing and withdrew due to covid
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Did anyone have BU winning this game? Albie? Kidding aside, St. Cloud is legit and could be poised to do what UND did to BC/BU in 2005.
        I had BU in my bracket because of St. Cloud's history of abject failure in the NCAAs, much like UNH of yesteryear. But yes, I thought of the 2005 comparison today, too. St. Cloud's not the favorite this year so the pressure is off them.

Comment

We thought he had a hat trick for a while until we realized his shot went off I think Matt Greene's facemask? Am I remembering that correctly?
          I do remember Jerry calling timeout with about four minutes left to read Mike Brennan the riot act. After Brandon Yip, et al, started taking runs at people, Brennan challenged the whole BU bench. Brennan matured over time and in 2008, took his captaincy seriously and helped us win that national title.

Comment

• BC has a solid d group but they could use someone like Brennan back there!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              BC has a solid d group but they could use someone like Brennan back there!
              I'm not the first to say this, but I miss the kinds of defensemen they had on the title teams ... Orpik, Brennan, Cross, Dumoulin, etc.

Comment

Well, looks like it's going to be St. Cloud State. I think BU was so worried about Lemonade's concerns of the unfair advantage for BC they just decided to lose.
                Never did I expect Bu to win today. Didn’t help that scs got some incredible puck luck - maybe the craziest goal ever and some nice deflection luck but they still outplayed Bu and clearly were a better team. Are they are four goal better team? Probably not but they are solid and got the bounces. However, now they turnaround and play a rested BC team so that should bring them closer. I would say that rest should put BC over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Never did I expect Bu to win today. Didn’t help that scs got some incredible puck luck - maybe the craziest goal ever and some nice deflection luck but they still outplayed Bu and clearly were a better team. Are they are four goal better team? Probably not but they are solid and got the bounces. However, now they turnaround and play a rested BC team so that should bring them closer. I would say that rest should put BC over the top.
                  Don't forget that SCSU *GASP*... HIT a CROSSBAR!
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Is Chase Brand out of tomorrow’s game due to his DQ against BU?

St. Cloud has two, 6’4” and two, 6’3” defenseman. Their leader scorer is 24 & 1/2 years old and they have 8 seniors. BC has one senior. I think this game comes down to BC’s speed causing enough problems for St. Cloud’s defense and Knight having a strong game. Also, we need scoring from the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Don't forget that SCSU *GASP*... HIT a CROSSBAR!
                      That’s all you got?

Comment

• With the game being at 1, no overtimes and a chance to maybe rest some guys towards end of the 6-2 game i am not sure how much the rest factor will come into play. Really don't know what to expect from BC tomorrow. Certainly expecting a tough game though.

UMD-UND scoreless in 2nd. If Duluth finds a way, the tears will be flowing all over North Dakota.

Comment

• Keeper I think it was just a standard game misconduct so he'll be available to play.

Comment

• UMass gets the winner of Duluth - UND. I think we will know a lot about the NCHC after tomorrow’s BC - St. Cloud game.

Greg Carvel has done an outstanding job at UMass. He is my number one choice to replace JY, but I think he will get an NHL offer.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                              Is Chase Brand out of tomorrow’s game due to his DQ against BU?
                              Brand did not get a DQ.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulfb View Post

I'm not the first to say this, but I miss the kinds of defensemen they had on the title teams ... Orpik, Brennan, Cross, Dumoulin, etc.
                                Miss those guys, and Petrecki, too
                                "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Working...
                                X