BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
    Yes, it's absolutely an advantage to GET to the Frozen Four with only needing to win one game when everyone else (as of right now) has to win two. But once we're to that point, really not an advantage. MAYBE you didn't take an injury that could have happened in the first game but that's it. Everyone is rested at that point.

So yes, it's an advantage. No, there wasn't anything BC could do about it. It couldn't have happened in any region. It is what it is.

I'm happy that they at least moved the BU/SCSU game up to 1pm so at least the winner will get a little more rest than the would have otherwise.

Game on.
    Agreed on all accounts. BC got lucky. Period. You gotta win essentially 4 coin flips in a row...they got a free one.

Comment

• OK so BC will player either SCSU or BU. We know NCHC and HE officials are ruled out. How comfortable would you guys be with a B1G crew possibly doling out street justice to the unworthy BC that walked in over their sacred B1G team that got COVID? Would hope they would have ECAC (location probably makes this likely), AHA, or WCHA officiating crews. Probably easy to assign from these 3 as those conferences weren't represented at all anyway.

Just interesting to wonder given the NHL fired an official for basically just making stuff up and doling out his own form of zebra justice this week.

Probably just paranoid but still.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• And then the Big Ten refs can make sure they get caught on a hot mic telling BC they were "lucky" to even be playing as they scamper off the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

For years we had this very format with byes being awarded to the top 4 teams (if we were in a 12-team format tourney from the old days, BC would have received a bye since they were #2 overall).
          I went back and looked at what happened during those years, and the success of the teams receiving byes.

For the four seasons from '88 to '91, there were twelve teams in the tournament and four got first round byes. However, during those four years the teams played best of three. The teams who received a bye were 14-2 in those series in terms of winning the best of three. But that really only makes sense because they were the better teams, and the better teams should win a best of three more often than not.

From '92 to '02 they continued with the twelve team format, but for those years it was single elimination. During those eleven seasons the teams that received a bye went 29-15.

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            OK so BC will player either SCSU or BU. We know NCHC and HE officials are ruled out. How comfortable would you guys be with a B1G crew possibly doling out street justice to the unworthy BC that walked in over their sacred B1G team that got COVID? Would hope they would have ECAC (location probably makes this likely), AHA, or WCHA officiating crews. Probably easy to assign from these 3 as those conferences weren't represented at all anyway.

Just interesting to wonder given the NHL fired an official for basically just making stuff up and doling out his own form of zebra justice this week.

Probably just paranoid but still.
            I would think the officiating crews were already assigned and that none would be from any of the 4 teams leagues anyway. I wonder what the status would be if a seed other than a 4 withdrew. It appears the opponent would get a bye but it probably would be better if the highest remaining seed got the bye with the other 2 seeds playing. In that case a 2 could get a bye if 1 was out and a 3 would become the home team if the 2 was out.

Comment

• A number 1 seed earns their way all season long. If BC were the #4 seed and ND the #1 seed, that’s getting . There are disadvantages to not playing as well. The players will have been at the hotel from Wednesday until Sunday waiting to play. I don’t remember any easy games BC got when they received byes in previous tournaments.

I understand having to win 3 games is easier than 4, but if BC goes onto win their 6th NC, it will not be because of a bye received over a #4 seed. They will have to be the best team in the country to accomplish a NC

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Just stopping in to say congrats on the frozen four! Good luck in Pittsburgh! Travel safe!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Just stopping in to say congrats on the frozen four! Good luck in Pittsburgh! Travel safe!
                  Not cool, did you give scarlet your password?
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Just stopping in to say congrats on the frozen four! Good luck in Pittsburgh! Travel safe!
                    Thanks, Scarlet!
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      :bangs head several times on my desk:
                      Oh for the love of God, you're making me do this again. Hey BC peeps, I'm going to need some credit for this.
                      Duly noted. Credit granted.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I don't see any flood predictions in the weather forecast, no sandbags needed.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• You have to laugh a bit, BC will play in Round 2 and still not have a single player with an NCAA tournament game under their belt.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• For historical purposes how does this game go down in the record book? Is it a W or is it like it never happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              For historical purposes how does this game go down in the record book? Is it a W or is it like it never happened?
                              I would assume "no contest" just means the game wasn't played so it never happened.

Funny because there was discussion about the RS banner at Conte and if they should put 2020-2021 up on the banner (they should), but technically ND didn't play in the NCAA tournament (and to be fair they shouldn't have qualified anyway) so I wonder if ND gets credit for an NCAA tournament appearance. I would think no.
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Surprised no one has mentioned this but Happy 15th Anniversary to BC's 5-0 win over BU in the regional final in Worcester. A lot has changed in 15 years but it still Sucks to BU.

Joe Rooney for Hobey!

Comment

Working...
                                X