Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No doubt BC and UMass are the top 2 teams in HEA. Carvel is an excellent coach, my #1 choice to replace JY. They play the same style as BC, uptempo, exciting brand of hockey. They have an excellent power play as well.

As I thought BU was getting credited for wins in games not played in the HEPI. The loss to MC at home now drops their projected win %, thus they are now over 3 points behind BC and barely above UMass.

Huge 3rd period, have to stay out of the box. Horrible no call at the end of the second when Newhook was tackled in front of the UMass net.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• No doubt BC and UMass are the top 2 teams in HEA. Carvel is an excellent coach, my #1 choice to replace JY. They play the same style as BC, uptempo, exciting brand of hockey. They have an excellent power play as well.

As I thought BU was getting credited for wins in games not played in the HEPI. The loss to MC at home now drops their projected win %, thus they are now over 3 points behind BC and barely above UMass.

Huge 3rd period, have to stay out of the box. Horrible no call at the end of the second when Newhook was tackled in front of the UMass net.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• I am assuming the HEPI factors in an OT W/L? With BU losing today and this game going to OT I would think BC has the #1 seed wrapped up but who knows.

Comment

• Helleson with his 2nd OT winner of the season! I will enjoy the return to 5 on 5 OT in postseason.

Comment

• No doubt BC and UMass are top 2? BU beat BC and lost last second in OT with a depleted roster and swept Umass. I wouldn’t say there are 3 top teams then everyone else.

Comment

• They were out played physically and lost a lot of face offs. UMass controlled the puck for most of the game. BC was running around in their defensive zone most of the night. No doubt that UMass is playing their best hockey at the right time.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                No doubt BC and UMass are top 2? BU beat BC and lost last second in OT with a depleted roster and swept Umass. I wouldn’t say there are 3 top teams then everyone else.
                And you just lost to Merrimack with Farrance back. Somebody has to be 3rd and it's BU. At least that's probably what HEPI will say in a few minutes.

Comment

• Heavyweight battle there.

Giving up that goal after McBain's absolute missile was where the game went awry for BC. UMass went to work after that and BC got worked for large portions of the 3nd and 2nd.

They got away with a lot including tackling McLaughlin in front of the net in the 3rd when a rebound was sent wide. 1 penalty all game for UMass? Sure.

3x3 is terrible, it's a sideshow... and I just learned this week they barely count for more than a tie (55% of a win)? Why not let them play 5x5 and attempt to MAYBE get a real 100% win? I have a hard time imagining what kind of chromosomally defective lifeform(s) signed off on all of this.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Ya I was wondering if HEPI uses that same weighted formula. I don't know when this all started but people in charge really think fans hate ties I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

And you just lost to Merrimack with Farrance back. Somebody has to be 3rd and it's BU. At least that's probably what HEPI will say in a few minutes.
                      I know comprehension isn’t your strength. My point is there are 3 top teams not 2.

Comment

• I definitely agree that there are 3 top teams, but BU losing to MC is a real surprise. BU has not shown a lot of offense. The next 3 are NU, PC and UConn in no particular order.

I do believe that BC has 1st place locked up due to BU losing. The HEPI gave BU credit for winning games not played. Their win probability took a major hit with tonight’s loss.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

I know comprehension isn’t your strength. My point is there are 3 top teams not 2.
                          You can parse it however you like. I am just giving an opinion that BC and UMass are 1 and 2. BU at UMass in a potential semifinal, I am taking UMass. That's all. An early sweep doesn't mean everything. BC also swept UMass earlier in the year. And if they meet again I am fairly confident it will be a one goal game like tonight.

Comment

• Agree 3 on 3 is pond hockey, puck possession is what counts. I am glad to know the playoffs will be 5 on 5. Both goalies were terrific, Umass grinds you and they wear you out down low. Unmass first goal was key and they didn't spend any time feeling sorry for themselves, good coaching. There was a lot of grabbing, Newhook was wrestled to the ice several times. Good game to watch, BC's defensemen had a tough night. every time they play it is going to be a battle, Umass is very good and very tough mentally.
                            Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-27-2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• 2nd UMass goal was a fluke bounce but sometimes you get those when playing well. I agree the game really turned on first UMass goal. That's just a terrible shift after a goal. UMass winger beats Weight to the inside and Helleson really didn't play that one well at all. At the same time Knight probably makes that save more often than not. Had a firm grip on the game and let UMass back in there. Some good teaching opportunities anyway. And really not the worst thing in the world to "get a loss out of the way" against UMass. Quite possible BC sees them two more times this year.

Comment

• I see the women's team is at it again. Dick Umile would be proud!

Comment

Working...
                                X