Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome performance all around. I really like the depth Iyzk brings to this team. We now have 4 lines that can score.

The only negative all weekend was not burying our breakaways.

Looks like UVM at home next weekend.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Dominant performance but yet Maine was still in it until the 3rd BC score

the penalties continue to be an annoying and a better team like BU would make BC pay dearly

Maine had far less shots but if they had converted on the power plays and odd man rushes the game would be different and missing their two best players helped BC

For short stretches Maine had a few great chances but Knight saved the day

Too bad there’s no non conference games with the likes of North Dakota or teams in the top rankings to see how they would fare
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• They were getting good play from 4th line even before switching Kuntar and Carreau. Kuntar leads team in PIMs so I wonder if that factored in to dropping him to 4th line. Next step would be sitting for a game if you really want to send a message. Last night, bad hit by Roy. Maybe you sit him next game. Sometimes that is the only way to really send a message.

Comment

• Heard BC might be playing a single game against UMass this weekend. Makes sense if UVM is still on pause. Haven't met since opening weekend. UMass has not played Maine yet but neither team is allowed to play at home right now so that could be how this game came about.

Comment

• If that does happen that will be 3 games against UMass and 4 against UConn.

Comment

• Joe Mullen not being on this list of top 25 BC athletes of all time is a complete joke

https://www.bc.edu/content/bc-web/si...-athletes.html

Comment

• I heard UMass as well at home Friday night and NU next Friday night at home. At least we get two higher ranked opponents. Two BC wins should keep BC is first in the HEPI, one would think.

I completely agree on Joe Mullen. Also, Butch Songin should have made the list.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Harrison Roy suspended one game. No argument from me, that was a bad hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                    Joe Mullen not being on this list of top 25 BC athletes of all time is a complete joke

https://www.bc.edu/content/bc-web/si...-athletes.html
                    Without looking at the list was too much of an effort made to include athletes from all sports on the list?

Comment

• Big game against UMass. Carvel is a very good coach. I like the style of play he has brought to that program. I expect him to keep UMass in the top 4 every year.

A BC win and another over NU next Friday should give us the RS title.

Go BC!

Comment

• UMass 1.85 GAA
                        BC 2.16 (Knight 1.92)

BC scored a bunch of goals in the opening series against UMass but I would anticipate a close 2-1 or 3-2 type game. When all is said and done I think these two will be last standing in Hockey East. Good test leading up to the postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          UMass 1.85 GAA
                          BC 2.16 (Knight 1.92)

BC scored a bunch of goals in the opening series against UMass but I would anticipate a close 2-1 or 3-2 type game. When all is said and done I think these two will be last standing in Hockey East. Good test leading up to the postseason.
                          I have lots of respect for UMass, but at this point in the season, I'm a believer in BU. And let's not forget that they accomplished much of their record without Farrance, who is a top 5 player at minimum.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• I don't think it's a dig at BU to call them 3rd best in HE. They could end up being best, 2nd best etc. Their advanced stats aren't good but now we can see what they look like with Farrance back. I do still think BC and UMass are better but we'll see.

Comment

• No doubt BC and UMass are the top 2 teams in HEA. Carvel is an excellent coach, my #1 choice to replace JY. They play the same style as BC, uptempo, exciting brand of hockey. They have an excellent power play as well.

As I thought BU was getting credited for wins in games not played in the HEPI. The loss to MC at home now drops their projected win %, thus they are now over 3 points behind BC and barely above UMass.

Huge 3rd period, have to stay out of the box. Horrible no call at the end of the second when Newhook was tackled in front of the UMass net.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• No doubt BC and UMass are the top 2 teams in HEA. Carvel is an excellent coach, my #1 choice to replace JY. They play the same style as BC, uptempo, exciting brand of hockey. They have an excellent power play as well.

As I thought BU was getting credited for wins in games not played in the HEPI. The loss to MC at home now drops their projected win %, thus they are now over 3 points behind BC and barely above UMass.

Huge 3rd period, have to stay out of the box. Horrible no call at the end of the second when Newhook was tackled in front of the UMass net.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Working...
                                X